Windows 10 and EQ

In c/o Mama

I just got a new computer windows 10 64-bit and it won't run Everquest to much lag. have no idea what to do to get it working.
AMD FX(tm) 6300 6 core processor 3.5 GHz
8 GB ram
AMD Radon R7 200

I have stopped all the not needed apps and anything I can see to stop. Anyone have any ideas?I am not computer literate but can look stuff up:)
Thanks

Btw, we all started the same way knowing nothing about these critters. We just have been at it longer. You speak and convey your thoughts well, that usually translates to smarts. I'll bet your learning curve will be smaller then many. Keep smiling Mama.
All that said I'm baffled (and expect some flack for this) how you ended up with a AMD powered box. Friend or foe ie; family/friend or salesperson? :rolleyes:

Try this link Mama, it'll popup a download box, just click the save button.

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

About 1.5 sec's the download will complete, just click run & let it do it's thing. When done you'll have the most up to date DirectX 9.0c. No need to save the downloaded file. It may change before you'd use it again. From here if it don't fix it will require you to supply more detailed info. ;) Good-luck! You're gonna be great.

thanks I will try that.

I just got a new computer windows 10 64-bit and it won't run Everquest to much lag. have no idea what to do to get it working.
AMD FX(tm) 6300 6 core processor 3.5 GHz
8 GB ram
AMD Radon R7 200

I have stopped all the not needed apps and anything I can see to stop. Anyone have any ideas?I am not computer literate but can look stuff up:)
Thanks

Btw, we all started the same way knowing nothing about these critters. We just have been at it longer. You speak and convey your thoughts well, that usually translates to smarts. I'll bet your learning curve will be smaller then many. Keep smiling Mama.
All that said I'm baffled (and expect some flack for this) how you ended up with a AMD powered box. Friend or foe ie; family/friend or salesperson? :rolleyes:
Thank you for the kind words! I really appreciate it. This windows 10 is so different I had learned some things on my 7 but now I am starting all over! I am 63 so most of it will remain difficult I think since I use the computer for EQ and that is about it!
My wonderful Son sent this new computer to me as a gift. It says Cyberpower and is so pretty! He wasted this on me all the interesting buttons on the mouse and the gaming stuff like X-box I will never even explore.
I think he is hoping to play with me again when he returns from overseas and come back to MMOBugs - EverQuest's Largest MacroQuest2 Community. He has been away 5 years!

Everyone has been so helpful I have a ton to try now but have the flu ATM so will wait a bit to tired and ill.

Sounds like video card drivers.
It shows on DxDiag like a hundred drivers? I am not sure how it happened if I ran it somehow, sure don't remember doing it but maybe I found something labeled diagnostic but a report was on my desktop it shows this too they look like problems??

+++ WER5 +++:
Fault bucket 1528552180611590304, type 5
Event Name: MpTelemetry
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: unspecified
P2: HardeningTelemetry
P3: HardeningTelemetryDisableAV
P4: 4.12.17007.18022
P5: unspecified
P6: unspecified
P7: unspecified
P8:
P9:
P10:

+++ WER6 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
P3: HardeningTelemetryDisableAS
P8:
P9:
P10:

+++ WER7 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
P3: HardeningTelemetryDisableAV
P8:
P9:
P10:

+++ WER8 +++:
Fault bucket 129575400892, type 5
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64

Problem signature:
P1: MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
P2: 11.0.16299.15
P3: 10.0.16299.2.0.0
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

+++ WER9 +++:
Fault bucket 1216202000817446359, type 5
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64

Problem signature:
P1: RadeonSettings.exe
P2: 10.1.2.1703
P3: 10.0.16299.2.0.0
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

dxdiag.exe is the program. You can search for it in the START search window or with Cortana. You shouldn't have errors. Mine just came up "no errors' for every relevant driver.

I think you need to uninstall DX drivers and reinstall from the link provided by me and EQDAB.

If that doesn't fix it I'd uninstall the video card drivers and reinstall those from the manufacturer's website. What is your card? To find out type Device Manager into Cortana or your search box, select DISPLAY ADAPTERS and tell us the brand/model# below that.

Last edited:
Probably it's RadEon.

That's the type of card. Several manufacturers (like Gigabyte) make that type of card. It would be good to know the mfr so you can download their drivers. Altho with Win10 you should be able to update drivers automatically. In other words the computer should know what it needs.

This can get technical, it's unfortunate you have nobody around computer-savvy to do this for you. Where'd you buy the system? They won't help? Depending on the vendor they might not charge a service fee for someone who just bought it especially if you complain it's not working right and you're thinking of returning it. This might work with a Best Buy or Micro Center.

If you want to try to uninstall and reinstall both DX and the video drivers we here can post a walkthru but can't guarantee it won't make things work since without being hands-on we can't be sure of what the problems might be. But MOST OF THE TIME you can do those steps without making things worse.

SiegeTank, Finally well enough to start trying this today, I made a list of the suggestions here to start off. I e-mailed the tech for the computer to ask help.

There is a square box inside I don't know what it is but has no wires like a square drive of some kind.

There is no windows 10 key I can find.

Having a lot of bad luck I took my computer into the only guy in town a windows 7 PC and it has been back a week and ran out of memory and I looked inside and my hard drive is not there only the little drive it had the two.

Thanks

Try this link Mama, it'll popup a download box, just click the save button.

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

About 1.5 sec's the download will complete, just click run & let it do it's thing. When done you'll have the most up to date DirectX 9.0c. No need to save the downloaded file. It may change before you'd use it again. From here if it don't fix it will require you to supply more detailed info. ;) Good-luck! You're gonna be great.
It gives me an error downloading says the reason is the requested opperation requires elevation?

You're confusing me! Maybe start that post over.

You have a Windows 7 or Windows 10 computer? Usually there's a sticker on the outside. Or it you hit your START button (bottom left), find COMPUTER (or MY PC) in the pull-down menu, right-click COMPUTER and go to PROPERTIES and the window that pops up will tell you the operating system, Windows 7 or Windows 10.

You took it to your local tech and he had it for a week?

You got it back and it still doesn't work right?

There's something missing inside the box when you got it back?

I'd suggest posting some smart phone pics of your computer, in and out if you can, might help others get a handle on what you're looking at.

The "Windows key" is your product key which is the serial number of your copy of the Windows software. There is no physical key. If they didn't give you the Windows key on a sticker or piece of paper then there is a way to get the key value by running a free piece of software available on the web. Do you have your Windows product key? It's a good thing to have and store safely.

Last edited:
You're confusing me! Maybe start that post over.

You have a Windows 7 or Windows 10 computer? Usually there's a sticker on the outside. Or it you hit your START button (bottom left), find COMPUTER (or MY PC) in the pull-down menu, right-click COMPUTER and go to PROPERTIES and the window that pops up will tell you the operating system, Windows 7 or Windows 10.

You took it to your local tech and he had it for a week?

You got it back and it still doesn't work right?

There's something missing inside the box when you got it back?

I'd suggest posting some smart phone pics of your computer, in and out if you can, might help others get a handle on what you're looking at.

The "Windows key" is your product key which is the serial number of your copy of the Windows software. There is no physical key. If they didn't give you the Windows key on a sticker or piece of paper then there is a way to get the key value by running a free piece of software available on the web. Do you have your Windows product key? It's a good thing to have and store safely.
Sorry I guess I was off on two subjects was just upset. My old computer had problems Windows 7 PC and after taking it in it was working but it just ran out of drive space (nothing on it but EQ) and I just learned the guy who worked on it did not give back one of its two hard drives, so I can no longer trust anyone local.

Back to the problem the new computer and windows 10. There is no sticker for the key and I called the Cyberpower tech, they say the computer has the key built in ans will auto register, which it did. But now I am afraid to try and reinstall 10 there is no place to get the key.
He told me the small box inside is a hot bot bay but they don't help you hook them up.

So the windows 10 shows me as admin but won't let me download the Direct-X End-user run time web installer
It gives me an error downloading says the reason is the requested operation requires elevation?

Not sure what to do now, I think I messed stuff up right off since I was trying to make it work like win 7 all the apps and stuff and the way it has no desk top and I can't find anything. So I thought I would use sys restore but the points available are to recent will not help.
I will put the pictures as you suggested . Thank you.

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

Last edited:
To find your Windows 10 product key obtain Keyfinder software from here:

KeyFinder | Magical Jelly Bean

This software is legit but because it is freeware it is often tampered with by hackers who insert malware into it.

So.... after you download the file, upload it to:

VirusTotal

and have it scanned by about 60 different anti-virus programs.

It should come out clean. Sometimes 1 oddball scanner will flag a file but I consider 1 out of 60+ to be an outlier and ignore it.

Write your product key neatly on a sticker for your case or a piece of paper that you store safely. Very important to have this!

Now you can download Windows 10 from Microsoft, make an ISO install on a dvd or transfer the install files to a 4gig USB stick. That can be used to reinstall Win10 fresh and your newly-acquired product key can be used to activate the new install.

This isn't all that difficult but it can be a demanding process for a novice. So it's your call whether to go this route. There are tons of writeups about how to do this on the web. Here's a good one:

How to Reinstall Windows on a PC or Laptop - Tech Advisor

I feel for you if you can't find an honest computer repair guy in your neighborhood. Most of them would do this for $50-100 and it's a simple procedure for a knowledgeable person.

Also try the link Hopeless suggests for DirectX.

Finally, Bugsrus suggests TeamViewer. That is free software you install on your computer that allows another person running TeamViewer to log onto your system remotely and work on it just as if he is sitting in front of it. Obviously you need to fully trust that person since they'd have full access to your computer. Microsoft techs use this kind of software if you contact their tech support. Which is an idea. I don't use Microsoft support myself but I would think you could rely on their legitimacy as long as you're sure you're actually contacting Microsoft. I'd go thru a link at Microsoft - Official Home Page.

"Requires elevation" usually means the software needs a special level of administrator rights---that's the best way I can put this. This means even if you're logged on with an admin account you need to right-click the software and then select "run as administrator" from the context menu. I don't see this problem when I install DirectX so not sure why you're getting that. But be sure you've done this because it might be a simple fix.

"Requires elevation" usually means the software needs a special level of administrator rights---that's the best way I can put this. This means even if you're logged on with an admin account you need to right-click the software and then select "run as administrator" from the context menu. I don't see this problem when I install DirectX so not sure why you're getting that. But be sure you've done this because it might be a simple fix.

I reset windows so that lost MQ2 and WinEQ.
2 days of trying to download DX9 with none of the online instructions working.
Following your instructions right click download DX9 seems to have installed.

Now MQ2 does not load and the game lags the same.

Think I am tired of Win 9 I accidentally turned on Skype and can't figure out how to turn it off. Lol what a stress!!

It's Win10, not Win9. There is no Win9. It's DirectX 9. :rolleyes:

I feel your pain. Computers can be really really aggravating. "Resetting" Windows is not the same as "Reinstalling" altho if you "lost" MQ2 and WinEQ you clearly performed a full reset which should have removed any software which could in theory be causing your problems along with MQ2 and WinEQ.

I'm not sure what to tell you at this point. If it was ME I'd do a full reformat of the hard drive and reinstall Win10 from a downloaded ISO that I put on a DVD. But I'm hesitant to advise YOU to do that because I don't want to make matters worse.

If you don't want Skype, just uninstall it. Search for "programs" and choose "Add or remove programs." Skype doesn't like to be uninstalled, hehe, but you can make it behave and remove itself.

BTW, Happy Easter!

You should run dxdiag.exe again and see if your dx drivers are error-free. You did it before and posted a lot of errors above.

I assume you reinstalled your video drivers after resetting Win10?

You should run dxdiag.exe again and see if your dx drivers are error-free. You did it before and posted a lot of errors above.

I assume you reinstalled your video drivers after resetting Win10?
Do I need to remove the drivers to reinstall them? If I remove them won't I lose visual?