WickedSpeed

I don't actually use this any more myself, but from time to time I play around with it. Backwards is the same speed whether the plugin is loaded or not, unless you are a bard. I would say just use mq2speedutils if there is a problem. I did update something that won't be put in till next compile.

You update the alt tab issue? it cranks your speed up to like 250 and you become superman

You update the alt tab issue? it cranks your speed up to like 250 and you become superman

Wasn't sure what was doing it, but zoned the other day with it on, and ran splat into the other end of the zone wall. Took out what I added last patch, which I think caused the problem. Guess still a "Work in Progress" plugin. I don't use it unless kiting on my necro. But started using mq2speedutils because of similar problems you guys described.

So you had my issue duplicate itself? Warping with it on I see. :) Its funny no one else brought it up.

Man I miss my Wickedspeed. ~

people did bring it up. In the Compile thread. If you alt tab while zoning you crank up your speed and causes you to appear to warp speed just really set to like 250

Just about a total rewrite......

Ok. Played around with it -- Basically a total rewrite..... Borrowed parts of our own speed plugin to hopefully fix whatever was wrong. Tested limitedly and so far working. If anyone else wants to give it a try. /speed 100 = .70 (default speed). /speed default will reset your speed. /speed 175 will get you going around SoE speed, 155 around sow. Works accross zones (keeps speed settings), also uses envirofall, and preventspeed so roots/snares will not stick on you.

Attachments

• MQ2WickedSpeed.dll
    184 KB · Views: 16
Other thing to consider, since I have not 100% tested it with a bard yet, is that it might keep your OLD speed and bard speed might not affect you.

I haven't tested this plugin but an older speed pugin I was familiar with stacked with my bard speed.

To compare:

A Bard with AAs at max level runs something like 163% bonus to runspeed. Quick in my opinion, but the modifiers like this would increase speed to cross a zone in less than a handfull of seconds.

Oct 7 patch

With the Oct 7th patch, if someone targets you they can see your buffs, including the selos, sow soe, ect that you dont have while running with the speeds as if you did have. Very easy to get busted now.

When I type /plugin mq2wickedspeed I get a popup box that says the following:

The procedure entry point FreeLib could not be located in the dynamic link library MQ2MMOBugs.dll.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Err. and obviously it is saying plugin mq2wickedspeed could not be loaded.

you're using an old copy that doesn't work

Is there a feature so that you have to reset it when you zone?

kinda like a safety feature? Ive seen a few people forget they have plugins running and when they /gate to PoK or GL get caught out bigtime

Is there a feature so that you have to reset it when you zone?

kinda like a safety feature? Ive seen a few people forget they have plugins running and when they /gate to PoK or GL get caught out bigtime

I usually make a specific zone file like poknowledge.cfg or guildlobby.cfg and in it I put :

Code:
/plugin mq2wickedspeed unload
/endmacro

However that is a good idea, especially considering the way buffs can be looked at now. I am in the process of moving but once I am settled I will look at making that an option.

I actually rarely if ever use this plugin now. But it is handy.

Ok, so I had it working but now it has simply stopped working. it will say that my run speed is set to 1.26, for example, but i'll actually run slower than SoE.

Any clue why it suddenly stopped working? I have restarted EQ and reloaded MQ2.

cool, i know not supported here, but the old ghostxp etc, if zoned they would /echo a warning and unload themselves

Ok, so I had it working but now it has simply stopped working. it will say that my run speed is set to 1.26, for example, but i'll actually run slower than SoE.

Any clue why it suddenly stopped working? I have restarted EQ and reloaded MQ2.

I made Wickedspeed different than Speedutils in that regard. /Speed 100 is normal walking (not 1.00) So if you were to type /speed 155 that might be what you are looking for. I set my plugin to be the speed that you would see in the HUD if you had that actual buff. Bard speed with aa's if 270 roughly, sow is 155, soe is 170, run 5 is 150 (again estimates with me using various characters).

Last few patches there has been an problem with our "private" plugins. I am not 100% sure if the latest patch fixed them (I am unable at the moment to check).

cool, i know not supported here, but the old ghostxp etc, if zoned they would /echo a warning and unload themselves

I like to be more cautious. If you get a chance I would advise making that CFG file for the important zones like Pok, and Guild Lobby (or whereever you are bound). I have seen people casting in Guild Lobby after they've died and it is not a pretty sight (they are obviously macroing).