WickedSpeed

Lol I should add that to the plugin next time I revise it. I just have not had time to play with it.

Thanks for the updated file.

Looks like I need to use /plugin mq2wickedspeed nocheck or I would get error to load the plugin.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Rog with SoS on seems still have issue. :p

Thanks for the updated file.

Looks like I need to use /plugin mq2wickedspeed nocheck or I would get error to load the plugin.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Rog with SoS on seems still have issue. :p

Yeah I used to use the docrack HideRun and not click on sneak and it worked for me that way. Sneak makes you go a bit slower even with the aa's.

not sure if this is a bug or not, or if it was intended but i notice then when i use this plugin, and i have say spirit of bili or any kind of in game speed, and then i type /speed 175 cause i want my speed to be 175,

It actully adds 175 to the already speed of 155 which is what my speed is with BiLi on...So instead of getting 175 i get 330....

Not really that big of a problem except that i really dont want to be running that fast through zones lol....

So if i have say SoW on and i want 175 speed total i have to do like /speed 125 cause it will add the 75 and the 155 togeather and make it 175.

Hope that makes sence....

not sure if this is a bug or not, or if it was intended but i notice then when i use this plugin, and i have say spirit of bili or any kind of in game speed, and then i type /speed 175 cause i want my speed to be 175,

It actully adds 175 to the already speed of 155 which is what my speed is with BiLi on...So instead of getting 175 i get 330....

Not really that big of a problem except that i really dont want to be running that fast through zones lol....

So if i have say SoW on and i want 175 speed total i have to do like /speed 125 cause it will add the 75 and the 155 togeather and make it 175.

Hope that makes sence....

I have seen this happen on occasion when I load the plugin but have the buffs on already. Zoning usually helps fix most problems or toggle preventspeed off and on in docrack. I use this plugin very sparingly and generally when soloing and don't want to buy SoW potions. I need to overhaul it eventually to add more options, and check on classes and buffs perhaps. But yeah I have seen what you described happen once or twice, but usually fixed it by zoning or fading.

I seem to be having a problem that I have tracked back to the WickedSpeed plugin. What happens is that I CTD everytime I fall (even a little bit, like running down the backside of a little hill in North Ro). When I don't have this plugin loaded, I don't crash.

This happens using both MMOLoader as well as MacroQuest2.exe to load the game. The other plugins I have loaded are:

Code:
[Plugins]
mq2mmobugs=mq2mmobugs
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2map=mq2map
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2docrack=mq2docrack
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2exchange=mq2exchange
mq2mmowarp=mq2mmowarp
mq2piggyzone=mq2piggyzone
mq2gmcheck=mq2gmcheck
mq2stealth=mq2stealth
mq2speedutils=mq2speedutils  <--- I replaced this line with mq2WickedSpeed=mq2WickedSpeed
mq2xptracker=mq2xptracker
mq2autogroup=mq2autogroup
mq2eqbc=mq2eqbc
mq2reward=mq2reward
mq2cast=mq2cast
mq2reachit=mq2reachit
mq2rez=mq2rez
mq2autoaccepttrades=mq2autoaccepttrades
mq2debuffs=mq2debuffs
mq2fakelink=mq2fakelink
mq2relaytells=mq2relaytells
mq2fps=mq2fps
mq2advpath=mq2advpath
mq2web=mq2web
mq2linkdb=mq2linkdb
mq2fog=mq2fog
mq2netbots=mq2netbots
mq2melee=mq2melee
mq2spawnmaster=mq2spawnmaster

I like this plugin and it seems to work well, but I won't be able to use it if I CTD this often. Any help would be appreciated.

Is this the same as the old speed hack? This is what I'm getting at, does it sorta give you like a million small warps. Back in the day speedhacking looked (from another player's 3rd person point of view) weird. But I havn't messed with speed hacks in a year or 2, so things may have changed...

Not sure what would cause that problem. I doubt it is the plugin though, but you never know for sure. All it is doing is :

1. PreventSpeed docrack on
2. EnviroFall2 docrack on
3. CurSpeed = whatever
4. Speed Crash Packet checked

I have used it for years and I rarely ever crash. Perhaps just go back to using Speedutils and click envirofall, and preventspeed? Wouldn't recommend this plugin for a bard, unless they are indoors.

This plugin increases your run speed, but there are bugs from time to time -- lke if you have a run speed buff already I have seen it ADD that buff plus the run speed you input. Zoning usually fixes it.

Played around with this the other day in Crystallos. Really nice plugin man, thank you.

I seem to be having a problem that I have tracked back to the WickedSpeed plugin. What happens is that I CTD everytime I fall (even a little bit, like running down the backside of a little hill in North Ro). When I don't have this plugin loaded, I don't crash.

This happens using both MMOLoader as well as MacroQuest2.exe to load the game. The other plugins I have loaded are:

I like this plugin and it seems to work well, but I won't be able to use it if I CTD this often. Any help would be appreciated.

Okay. There was in fact a small header file that normally updates properly that for some reason didn't this time. And of course it affected Wickedspeed. I am not sure if this file will give a date error or not so make sure to force it to load like others have before. Here is the FIXED file.

Sorry for the error, it was something that is usually not checked that closely as I have a few checks automated and thought I could rely on it. Next time I will double check it :p

/plugin mq2wickedspeed nocheck

p.s. I have updated this file so that next time we compile it will work.

Wicked...

Attachments

• MQ2WickedSpeed.dll
    144 KB · Views: 19
Thanks for tracking this down. Much appreciated!

I have few questions bout this plugin if ya dont mind.
first speed 175 seem to be much slower then my default thought I red somewere in here thats default with all aa's an.
2nd when I run backwards ( I pull like this) it's slower then walk is there a way to increase backwards speed. without plugin I dont notice difference running front or backwards.

I have few questions bout this plugin if ya dont mind.
first speed 175 seem to be much slower then my default thought I red somewere in here thats default with all aa's an.
2nd when I run backwards ( I pull like this) it's slower then walk is there a way to increase backwards speed. without plugin I dont notice difference running front or backwards.

Hmm will take another look tonight. I have been meaning to. Not sure about the backward thing. I always thought it was much slower then forward though with or without the plugin. I am going to set a default speed instead of -0- which roots you :p Could be because prevent speed is active that backwards is the way it is. Perhaps toggling it off will fix.

I've always noticed that running backwards is slower with or without a speed hack. That's why you don't see people doing it unless a mob is snared. I love the plugin, the only thing I dislike is that after logging out and back out, my toon...despite AA's, SoW potions, etc. runs at a normal /speed 100. Not a huge deal of course, just unload the plugin...or type /speed 150 or /speed 130 and you're off, but other than that being a very minor inconvenience it's been working beautifully....

i had been using this until last night, because i also noticed that if you get on a horse, then get off it automaticly sets your speed to 100.

Without a crack going at all i normally run at 130 with aa's.

Then once i unloaded this plugin i noticed that it said docrack envirofall is off and one other docrack was now set to off...

I dont ever use docracks, as i think they are too much of a active hack. Would have been nice to know that they were automaticly turned on when using this plugin.

Maybe in the thread somewhere it says that they are now but i dont remember seeing it when i first downloaded this Plugin.

Either way it is nice to not have to type in speed everytime you zone, but not at the expence of using a docrack. Would love to get this with just the plugin. And so that it doesnt make me slow to a crawl when logging in or getting off horse

i had been using this until last night, because i also noticed that if you get on a horse, then get off it automaticly sets your speed to 100.

Without a crack going at all i normally run at 130 with aa's.

Then once i unloaded this plugin i noticed that it said docrack envirofall is off and one other docrack was now set to off...

I dont ever use docracks, as i think they are too much of a active hack. Would have been nice to know that they were automaticly turned on when using this plugin.

Maybe in the thread somewhere it says that they are now but i dont remember seeing it when i first downloaded this Plugin.

Either way it is nice to not have to type in speed everytime you zone, but not at the expence of using a docrack. Would love to get this with just the plugin. And so that it doesnt make me slow to a crawl when logging in or getting off horse

First off I have mentioned that in several past posts, one for example : http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/80383-post30.html . If envirofall was turned off there is a chance that you would die from hitting an object if the speed is set too fast. If you don't want these 2 docracks on then after you load the plugin (and also load mq2docrack) issue the command /docrack envirofall off, and /docrack preventspeed off perhaps in an autoexec.cfg file or something.

Like I said also in the past...Don't use this if you are in a raid or doing something like PvP or you will get caught. People will see that if there is a snare AE and you are running at bard speed they will wonder. I agree envirofall is an active hack and so is preventspeed.

Of course all you REALLY had to do was this : /pluign wickedspeed unload, /plugin mq2speedutils and problem solved. Whether I used docrack or not wouldn't it seem like an active hack to you if when you had snare on and this overrode it? Or that you can change your speed in the first place? Isn't that active?

I could look at writing code for getting on and off a horse that would make sense. Or even for changing forms to monster form and back. Sounds like a good idea. I did make a small change in the default speed it sets in case someone typed /speed -0-, it sets it to 100 for any speed below 100.

Perhaps the ultimate solution would be to just add an option in mq2speedutils that would allow for zoning to be turned on/off, in case others like it to reset each time.

Last edited:
Noticed a couple of problems... please help..
1st. When I first load a char sets me to /speed 2000
2nd. Backwards is REALLY SLOW!
3rd. If i dont load this mac now.. i dont run at my monk speed of 8.. it makes me run like i have no aa at all or sow..

how do i remove the plugin? friend told me i looked really jumpy asked if i was lagging..

MQ2 wickedspeed...

Noticed a couple of problems... please help..
1st. When I first load a char sets me to /speed 2000
2nd. Backwards is REALLY SLOW!
3rd. If i dont load this mac now.. i dont run at my monk speed of 8.. it makes me run like i have no aa at all or sow..

how do i remove the plugin? friend told me i looked really jumpy asked if i was lagging..

There is a glitch if you alt tab while zoning it messes with things... I have ran across this several times... once out in the open of PoK... so now I just always set speed again after zoning...

As to answer your question... to remove the plugin type:

/plugin mq2wickedspeed unload

That will un-install the plug-in if you are leery about using it... :)