WickedSpeed

WickedMofo

Banned From KEQ Never EQ!
Reaction score
Ok here is a NEW version of SPEED that lets you :

1. Set the speed to what MQ/EQ shows... i.e. /Speed 175 = 175 in game, and it automatically knows to set it internally to 1.225 (or whatever it used to be).

2. No Root, or Snare should stick to you (So be careful if PvP or in Raid). Perhaps an option can be added to turn this off/on in future.

3. Zoning without having to retype /speed xyz again.

4. Makes use of packet checking so that you should not crash. Please don't go overboard and /speed 500 in PoK or in front of people.

UPDATED added to compile.

Last edited:
hey...thats cool man..but um..honestly..lol..i just make a couple buttons in my actions window...lol...want some help with that one?

right click button..

in the first line down typ /speed 1.whateverfloatsyabooat! so when ya zone, and ya notice ya not moving fast enough to get ya where ya wanna go, um...click..and off we goo! weeeeeee!!! lol

but thanks for all the hard work on this for those that are too lazy to waste a button slot =-) i'm sure they will appreciate it...i'd just rather not have automated speed utils set up...sometimes ya see someone ya dont want to know that you can move that much faster than them,...hehe...also...there are times whre i like to change it...like god forbid my rogue stay out fighting long enough to pick a few thousand stones in coin...um...lets see...i might decide that the 1.15 i usually use just aint enogugh =-) so i have a button for that..cuz i'm just taht llazy =-)

i have wondered why the 2 different units of measure... and just how they converted. i have been too lazy to actually search for a conversion table that explained what numbers to use for say each rank of aa run speed, or sow, foe, selo's. also do these speed plugins work with mounts? if they work with mounts whats the speed # for each speed of mount?

Does anyone know what is the speed setting if you just want to run like a char with run5, or with sow?

well run 5 is 150 run speed iirc, and default for the older speedutils is 0.7

Make a HUD that shows targeted person's speed in game.

Code:
TargetSpeed=3,400,117,255,234,8,RunSpeed is ${Target.Speed} MPH

That was how I came up with the idea. 100 = level 1 speed normal character no AA's. I think 155 = same character with SoW, of course this changes at higher levels and with the AA's. Other thing to consider, since I have not 100% tested it with a bard yet, is that it might keep your OLD speed and bard speed might not affect you. If this is the case, I need to tweak it a bit. Mainly I just hate having to retype each time I zoned.

Another way, and allows differences for each char ... use an event.

HTML:
[Set_Speed]
Trigger=You have entered #*#.
command=/speed 1.1

4. Makes use of packet checking so that you should not crash. Please don't go overboard and /speed 500 in PoK or in front of people.

*monitors the banned / suspended sections of the forums for someone to post, "Idk why I was banned in pok for running fast!?!? Must've been an IP BAN."*

part of the reason i originally asked if any one already knew the actual speeds of different run speed buffs/aa was i had intended to make a few Aliases something like

[Aliases]
/sow=/multiline ; /echo SoW speed activated ; /speed ###
/selos=/multiline ; /echo Selos speed activated ; /speed ###

this way in the off chance some one did have the hud to show targets speed you could actually be legitimately going that speed. still selos would be risky (unless you were a bard). but how many times do ppl come out of the lobby with bard speed still going .. a quick trip to a stone or the bazaar wouldnt be a problem then you off to do you own thing. sow could come from potions or what ever .. just keep one on you or /link one incase some one questions you .. its the /speed 500 dumb stuff that makes it obvious.

part of the reason i originally asked if any one already knew the actual speeds of different run speed buffs/aa was i had intended to make a few Aliases something like

[Aliases]

this way in the off chance some one did have the hud to show targets speed you could actually be legitimately going that speed. still selos would be risky (unless you were a bard). but how many times do ppl come out of the lobby with bard speed still going .. a quick trip to a stone or the bazaar wouldnt be a problem then you off to do you own thing. sow could come from potions or what ever .. just keep one on you or /link one incase some one questions you .. its the /speed 500 dumb stuff that makes it obvious.

I like that. I basically only use this soloing, or in situations where I am with other hackers. Otherwise, yeah I am not messing with speed and generally have the buffs on. But I like your idea, very sharp.

feel free to include it in your plugin or something so that i dont have to add it ever time they patch :)

Don't forget you could always claim you clicked your last potion that gave you bard speed...like those "skates" or another potions or two I've seen.

i still have all of those clickys from the santug quest ... i actually never finished the quests but apparently they gave out the rewards when they made it unfinishable .. i hate to use stuff thats not replaceable .. lol

Thanks wicked this plug is great!!! I was in a vacant zone and set the speed to 2000 wow!!! what a rush LOL

ok had to update it ... (i dont sujest you try it tho :) )

[Aliases]
/lightspeed=/multiline ; /echo LightSpeed activated ; /speed 500
/ludicrousspeed=/multiline ; /echo Ludicrous speed activated ; /speed 2000

ARE you going to update this for the Last patch?

Please update for last patch!!

Thanks

Just out of curiosity...how fast is /2000 lol.

Just out of curiosity...how fast is /2000 lol.

When I did it my cousin said i just disappeared. I hit a rock and it lonched me right into the air (then killed me when I fell down) LOL it was great fun you should give it a try some day :eek: just make sure you are the only one there or you know the other person :p