• Necromancer

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Beastlord

Votes: 38 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No smartass.

Fun Fact: Bard and Shaman Spell also effect rogues

Fun Fact: If Rogue Base dps is higher than zerker then when put with a shaman and bard, it will still be higher!

Are you really trying to compare a zerker in a perfect group to classes not in a perfect group? No shit it isn't going to look as bad for zerkers.

You are strongly implying that zerkers can do 4-5k sustained with no help. No shit sherlock, any melee is going to do good with a bard and shaman in group.

DPS shouldn't be dependent on the perfect group. period.

Last edited:
From a raiding point of view:

Bard - a class that enhances others dps, i was pleased to hear they were suppose to get a dps boost with UF but far as I know that was limited to their selo's kick aa for the most part with a few increased lvls of existing aa... :(

You obviously don't play a bard.

my main isnt a rogue, but second in line, i do around 3.2k dps, im not a raiding rogue although i got good weaps, and ALL of my aa's have been put to dps all 1200 or so, so for a PURE dps class like a rogue i dont see why anything needs to be changed, shit 2 or so years ago rogues ... least on ct server couldnt even find a group,
main is a warr, he is comming along ok, runs around 2k dps,
monk is ....... ok,
shaman is great.... awsome toon to play because you can nuke, dot heal or pretty much whatever you want, mine pulls ok dps with all dot aa's
clerics.... boring as hell, i run one in my group for the fast heals.... thats it, sometimes cast his pet... for the extra 150dps lol.... other than that, i think the class is pretty boring

keep in mind my toons are NOT raid toons, maybe rogues are overpowered on the raid end... but im happy were he is now finally

Let me guess, your main is a Rogue?

No, I actually have no problems divorcing my emotions from my chosen class and wrote what I wrote objectively, so not a rog.

I do have a bard Sum but it is a boxed char. My point though was that after not getting anything for years they said they were going to throw them a bone and increase their dps with UF. What they did add was not in any way significant to make up for ignoring them as long as they did. Was even disapointed with the AE mez they re-added to their line up since it cant be spammed. I love the class and its utility but its dps is kinda lacking. Hell I make top 10 on parses sometimes and I am not a dps class but I cant remember the last time I saw one of our bards even got an honorable mention.

I'd have to disagree with ya Rob, no offense. Pallies dps on all but undead does blow monkey testicles but its been that way since day one and if you look at the class its a hybrid of a clr and war so it isnt likely that their overall dps will ever get any significant boost. Honestly the only time I even play mine is in undead camps, other than that I never pull him out cause it is so bad. The class should have gotten an AA AE hate tho with the release of UF which can help a little bit but pallies are more known for their stuns for agro. I actually hate their challenge for honor line and would be happier if SoE gave them the SK version that adds ac which gradually decays for their hate over time line. Their heals are quite good though allowing them to solo undead that most would require others to group to grind on.

Last edited:
parsing in the top 10 doesn't make your class a good class though. Bards are such a wanted class in our raids i don't see why they need more dps. The utilities they offer makes then a very valuable class. Remember they are a bard, not a badass fighter that just decides to play a little toon from time to time.

parsing in the top 10 doesn't make your class a good class though. Bards are such a wanted class in our raids i don't see why they need more dps. The utilities they offer makes then a very valuable class. Remember they are a bard, not a badass fighter that just decides to play a little toon from time to time.

Agreed. I just would like to see them maybe somewhere in the middle of the pack instead of nearly dead last.

• Bards - they are a utility class, pretty well balanced in my opinion, I actually see a bard in my guild parse in the top 5 sometimes
  • Wizards - just right, since I play one I could easily say more big booms would rock, to up our burst dps.
  • Necros - just right, they can pump some serious dps on even burn fights now, if I had to be selfish, I'd say they need to be brought down some
  • Rogues - can't really comment
  • SK's - I believe SK's are completely close to being overpowered, for those of you saying they are behind surprises me. SK's in our guilds own our warriors and pallies on dps, not sure if your are familiar with the newer aa's but SK's are sick... Most tank better too sadly enough
  • Shamans > Druids IMO
  • Monks - just right, I've seen monks tank in UF and they can pump some pretty awesome sustained dps
  • Ranger - bleh, never been a huge fan, besides headshot I don't get the hype, rarely see a ranger parse really well, once in a while they get lucky

Getting the complete and utter shaft

• Paladins - very sad for this class, they need a dps boost big time
  • Beastlords - they haven't earned the name shitlords for no reason

Last edited:
HA was already nerfed sir, trust me im a ranger and its the wrong description on the AA. I have also talked to developers about it Headshot is being nerfed and there is no "fix" to HA. As for the clerics yes its true about people not suspending their mercs because they are greedy about loot which is why i main switched back to my ranger.

HA was already nerfed sir

How was it nerfed? I can still single pull any mob in game in 2 seconds? I've also seen rangers do great parses (10-20k) and all the time.

SK's - I believe SK's are completely close to being overpowered, for those of you saying they are behind surprises me. SK's in our guilds own our warriors and pallies on dps, not sure if your are familiar with the newer aa's but SK's are sick... Most tank better too sadly enough

Really? Their dps is halfway decent with raid weaponry but I wouldnt call them overpowered. They are after all the hybrid of a war and a dps class. It is true some SK's can tank named in the Tower but an equally geared/aa'd war will do it better unless there is a significant difference in player skill. Pallies should be owning them on undead but otherwise ya they will always be lower. They arent a hybrid of a dps class though so wouldnt expect them to.

I personally would not like to see any existing classes become obsolete, (although if a bonfire was made using all Bard instruments it wouldn't hurt my feelings), but I think all classes have their uses without any improvements. When a brand new player starts playing EQ for the first time, he has 16 different classes to choose from, but he won't know until later in the game if he chose something that would be easily accepted by a group when he is looking for one. Of course we all know Sony wouldn't consider raising the maximum group number from 6 to 10, etc., which would open things up a little for class balance. But that could backfire and simply open more slots for mercs.

@Littleguy Wow 2 seconds?? now let it wear off while running across the zone and then u will see what im talking about. And HA does fail every once in awhile on my main (ranger) im not gonna use the as a forum where everyone is arguing if u want to continue this convo with me please PM me and i will tell you exactly what happens
Littleguy you are right about rangers doing 10-20k on raid burns or in the perfect group but not without enchancers unless its a mob they can headshot (humanoid lvl 73 and under) then we can throw up some ridiculas parses. A group ranger will not do 10-20k burns. But rangers arent the only class that do 10-20k on a burn. So rangers arent overpowered in anyway they are just average for now. And rogues must not be Sony's favorite i believe it 63 beast kills serverwide and uhhhh no dagger.

1.) no one should be able to pull across the zone.
2.) Rangers aren't a pure dps class, therefore they have no right parsing with pure dps classes.

Maybe you want Rangers to shit new weapons and shoot laser beams out of their eyes?

IMO i think Paladins need the most help. Their heals are not mana efficient which makes them shitty back up healers... They parse out at the bottom of most Plate classes and as far as tanking goes; they have to use a shield... SK's dont. I have a high end SK and high end pally and I can turn my attack on with my SK and fall asleep and come back to a dead mob and full health. My pally has to actually heal himself its pathetic. Group situations SK's are bad ass tanks and DPS. Raid Situation Pally can last a little longer... A warrior with a 1 hander and shield can out damage my 1 hander and shield (with the AA's)

Beastlords are second for needing a boost.

I would like to see Cleric's get a bump! Mabie turn them into a Battle Cleric??

1.) no one should be able to pull across the zone.
2.) Rangers aren't a pure dps class, therefore they have no right parsing with pure dps classes.

I agree with that, and they can still pretty much pull across the zone now, shoot something with arrow, train across the zone, fade, HA and get to camp. Also I wouldn't say that was a nerf, they fixed an exploit ( ranger would HA and a mage would COTH across zone and bring mob with) I have yet to be in a camp were HA wore off before it was past all the other mobs.

That whole CoH thing wouldnt work anyways, if you coh across the zone you would be out of agro range. The only reason we arent a "pure" dps class is because we have spells instead of skills or multiple discs. We also arent a "pure" tank class either but we can hold our own when we need to. Wizards and Mages are "casters" not dps class but u arent complaining on how they do 20k dps burns on fights. Or atleast in my guild they do. And if any class shouldnt be able to pull across the zone then what about SK's? seen them do it and same with necros, and bards. So start complaining more about them and less about rangers. Rangers shit new weapons? How about just up the drop rate of weapons i believe my guild has had like 6-7 weapons drop for us since UF came out and we have only been working on underfoot since it came out and have beaten over half the events. All the events we have beaten are also on farm.

Last edited:
Pally seem to be around 3rd to last place when it comes to dps (least on live mobs) cause clr are to busy healing and enc are too busy with crowd control. But really pallies are a mix of clr and war so on any other mob types than undead if you choose to roll a pally you should have seen it coming or your blind. I've seen a guildy pally solo trash in Foundation before (end raiders of course with a merc) and while the fight takes like 20min they can do it thanks to stuns. Good luck doing that on just about any other plate class, even if the mob was slowed... stuns are that nice.

I have T4'd group geared pally alt that will pull 3 at a time from undead in LP and not even work up a sweat with only an out of group HoT shm heals for faster xp. Sure its undead but really if you chose the class it was with undead and slays in mind because in all other settings their dps blows and you are delusional to believe otherwise. It is a hybrid class of a tank which they do fine at with stuns and a clr which is the exact opposite of a dps class.

Would I be adverse to the mental giants over at SoE upping their dps, not in the slightest. Its just not realistic to believe that they ever will as the class is more or less where they should be. 30k+ slays on undead and shit on live mobs.

I'm sorry Sekret but what mobs are you talking about where you can afk and hold agro on sk where pally would die. Neither have any innate skill at hate or mitigation like wars do and while sk's innate taps are much better than pallies if you afk both chars and they equally geared and not casting jack shit there is very little difference in their dps. Sk's do have superior dps but only if they are casting their dots or taps. Nec's dots can crit for three times what sk's can do even raid focused so the sk's limited number of dots are far from overpowered when compared to what their parent class is capable of.

Group vs Raid geared... both group classes suck dps wise unless its undead and then pally blows sk outta the water. Raid situation sk's pull ahead but only because of the limited amount of undead in raids. If the number of live vs undead mobs were reversed in most raid instances sk's would be near the bottom of the dps list and pallies would be right up there. So if pallies have any complaints it should be the limited number of undead mobs.

Honestly imo (and I emphasize this is just my opinion) folks choosing the pally class are only out for their e-penis slay dmg (which I admit is why I rolled mine in the first place) or they dont know the game well enough to choose a better class. So really if I can borrow from the dev's vocabulary the class is "working as intended".

I still stand by my objectively neutral stance that rogs should get an additional 30sec dps boosting AA since the other dps classes can sustain their burst for twice as long if not longer than rogs, and bards dps should be damn nearly doubled. Bards may be an enhancing class that boost the dps of their groups decently but that is small satisfaction to them as individuals and even doing so would not give them any superiority in solo'ing if done via melee skills.

Last edited:
That whole CoH thing wouldnt work anyways, if you coh across the zone you would be out of agro range. The only reason we arent a "pure" dps class is because we have spells instead of skills or multiple discs. We also arent a "pure" tank class either but we can hold our own when we need to. Wizards and Mages are "casters" not dps class but u arent complaining on how they do 20k dps burns on fights. Or atleast in my guild they do. And if any class shouldnt be able to pull across the zone then what about SK's? seen them do it and same with necros, and bards. So start complaining more about them and less about rangers. Rangers shit new weapons? How about just up the drop rate of weapons i believe my guild has had like 6-7 weapons drop for us since UF came out and we have only been working on underfoot since it came out and have beaten over half the events. All the events we have beaten are also on farm.

A caster can't be a dps class because......

How about you all just give your own opinions and stop shooting everyone else's down? Class discussions always, ALWAYS, bring out the worst in people, and you guys are proving you are no exception.

Classes that need help, IMO:
Beastlords - Weakest of the main pet classes. Not strong on DPS, Not strong on tanking, don't bring much to groups or raids other than some MGB'able buff and... what really? Never seen a position where the beastlord couldn't be dropped for an extra.. well.. anything really.
Paladins - Weakest at AE agro of the main tanks. Worst DPS of all melee oriented characters. Without stuns this class would be nearly unplayable. Slays are a joke.. Rogues, Wizards, Mages, Necros, Zerkers and even on occasion Rangers and SKs all do equivalent damage on undead. EQLive Devs have stated out and out that the paladin needs a DPS boost so I dunno what you guys are going on about them being fine.
Druids - Absolutely weakest of the healers. Suffers from "Iwanna" syndrome. Players of druids can't make up their mind if they want to DPS or Heal. DS doesn't compare to slow so weaker group healer than a shaman. with ports having such reduced value nowadays, this class isn't good for much, compared one on one.

I'm sure someone is going to say, "My friends neighbors cousins cat's druid is awesome at healing and still manage to dot, nuke, keep up buffs, and super-size DS the MT" or "We single grouped Brekt with a Paladin as our MT and he did just fine with a druid healer" or "My wife's boss's nephew's third best friend's beastlord regularly tanks and tops the DPS charts for our group" Yeah, well that's great. Any class played well can really shine. But the truth is most players of this game are not elite players. They need to base the capabilities of the clas on the average, which is, sorry to say, sadly lacking.