Whats the dealio with warp/zone?

wunaye

Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it now "safe" to warp and zone? or are people still being banned for it? obviously there is risk in using them but at one stage there was guaranteed bans for using them but is that still the case?

it is entirely detectable and loggable. if/when they decided to ban for it, they could get everyone that used it. I dont know that there has been a ban wave since like Nov 2011 though and then when they followed up in Feb 2012 or whatever.

So are people getting suspended/banned? Probably not unless theyve been reported. Can you? At DBG's discretion they can absolutely nail you.

Yeah I figure they can but if they are not and have not in years then it might be worthwhile using again.

My personal opinion on it is that if just a few people are doing it they aren't going to notice (or at least aren't going to take action) unless that person is reported and then they will take action. But if enough people started doing it again, they'd use the logs and do another ban wave of everyone that did it.

The thing with warp and zone are they are high level obvious cheats. I think DBG may be willing to overlook botting for the most part as long as it's done in an inconspicuous manner. But when you start doing something that the other players that don't use cheats can clearly see, it becomes an issue. Especially when it's used for things like skipping content that a group is currently clearing to get to a named spawn or something like that.

As much as I miss warp and zone, I doubt I'd start using it anymore even if it's was guaranteed safe. Heck not having warp and zone is the primary reason I don't play as much as I used to. It's a pita having to actually move at least 3 characters across vast distances / multiple zones to get to a camp and set up. But warp and zone is just one of those things that truly has a detrimental effect on the game and the other players IMO. So, for that reason I probably would not use it again. Also for that reason, I would love MQ2Navigation to be more dependable so that it could be used for things like auto zone to zone navigation. Add in a mob avoidance system to that and it would rock. It would be really nice to be able to make a barbarian in Hala on the TLP servers for example and just say /nav commonlands then go afk for 20 or 30 minutes lol.

Last edited:
TLB, campfires and Call of the Hero/Heroes....

FTW! :rolleyes: