What Happens Behind The Scenes

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
Not many people really get to see the work that happens behind the scenes here. I thought I would take the time to explain a little bit about who does what and give some recognition for those who bust there ass to get things done.

EQMule - Share Some Sugar With EQMule

EQMule popped back into the MQ2 scene in the last 6 months and has done insane things for MQ2. He is the driving force behind test server updates, which have sped up live updates dramatically. Hes onto these patches as soon as they come out, and puts the rest of his life on hold until it's done. Without him, we would be seeing two to five day downtimes again, which I know nobody wants to go back too. Everyone who uses MQ2 should take some time to send him a donation to support him. MMOBugs sends eqmule a set monthly donation for the work he does, but he deserves much more for the time he puts in.

Htw - Dip Some Honey Onto Htw

Htw has been with us since almost the beginning. If you want to know who the brains is around here, it is Htw. He handles all the tedious code corrections in plugins, created and keeps MMOLoader running, and figures out the majority of technical problems. He also holds a full time job which forces insane amounts of overtime on him, so his free time is very limited. Without Htw though, we wouldn't have MMOBugs and I am very thankful we have him. I have learned more from Htw about programming/reverse engineering than I have from anyone else.

PeteSampras - Help Pete Develop a Pleasure Mode For His Bot

PeteSampras is the macro god who has started dipping his toe into C++ now. Anything macro related, he knows it inside out. He has invested some major time into debuffs and spell related code in base MQ2, and is always working on some sort of side project to make MQ2 better. His bot macro is insanely polished, I don't think I have seen a macro that complicated yet works so well under so many conditions. He still plays a lot of EverQuest, which helps keep the rest of us up to date with what is happening in the game, and what is causing problems with MQ2. Pete has become a huge asset to this community.

Rob

Rob is a bit of a silent type around here, never making smart ass comments, but thankfully he isn't needed that often. When he is needed though, then damn, he is needed asap. He has gotten us out of many jams from database corruption to full hard drives and web servers going down. He is the server tech who seems to always gets text messages from me at midnight letting him know there's and problem so wake up and fix it. I got to meet him at the start of this year, and I don't think you could find a nicer guy.

I also want to thank each and every user we have here. As much as I am currently hating waking up at 6:30am to fix a patch, and now it's 1am and I'm fixing another, I do love this job. Without a userbase such as yourselves supporting us, I and the rest of us here, wouldn't be able to do what we do.

Thanks and Cheat Smarter.

Thank you all for what you do. Donation have been sent out =)

Hmm...I read the title and thought you were going to have something else here.

*zips pants back up and puts away the lube*

money sent to each of you. couldn't (and wouldn't want to) play without mq.

Not many people really get to see the work that happens behind the scenes here. I thought I would take the time to explain a little bit about who does what and give some recognition for those who bust there ass to get things done.

EQMule - Share Some Sugar With EQMule

EQMule popped back into the MQ2 scene in the last 6 months and has done insane things for MQ2. He is the driving force behind test server updates, which have sped up live updates dramatically. Hes onto these patches as soon as they come out, and puts the rest of his life on hold until it's done. Without him, we would be seeing two to five day downtimes again, which I know nobody wants to go back too. Everyone who uses MQ2 should take some time to send him a donation to support him. MMOBugs sends eqmule a set monthly donation for the work he does, but he deserves much more for the time he puts in.

Htw - Dip Some Honey Onto Htw

Htw has been with us since almost the beginning. If you want to know who the brains is around here, it is Htw. He handles all the tedious code corrections in plugins, created and keeps MMOLoader running, and figures out the majority of technical problems. He also holds a full time job which forces insane amounts of overtime on him, so his free time is very limited. Without Htw though, we wouldn't have MMOBugs and I am very thankful we have him. I have learned more from Htw about programming/reverse engineering than I have from anyone else.

PeteSampras - Help Pete Develop a Pleasure Mode For His Bot

PeteSampras is the macro god who has started dipping his toe into C++ now. Anything macro related, he knows it inside out. He has invested some major time into debuffs and spell related code in base MQ2, and is always working on some sort of side project to make MQ2 better. His bot macro is insanely polished, I don't think I have seen a macro that complicated yet works so well under so many conditions. He still plays a lot of EverQuest, which helps keep the rest of us up to date with what is happening in the game, and what is causing problems with MQ2. Pete has become a huge asset to this community.

Rob

Rob is a bit of a silent type around here, never making smart ass comments, but thankfully he isn't needed that often. When he is needed though, then damn, he is needed asap. He has gotten us out of many jams from database corruption to full hard drives and web servers going down. He is the server tech who seems to always gets text messages from me at midnight letting him know there's and problem so wake up and fix it. I got to meet him at the start of this year, and I don't think you could find a nicer guy.

I also want to thank each and every user we have here. As much as I am currently hating waking up at 6:30am to fix a patch, and now it's 1am and I'm fixing another, I do love this job. Without a userbase such as yourselves supporting us, I and the rest of us here, wouldn't be able to do what we do.

Thanks and Cheat Smarter.

All of you will be recieving donation from me when i get my tax check, and then maybe...possibly...i might b able to finally afford lifetime and a new computer

I better donate before I do my taxes or I may have to sell my premium membership and my computer......

I better donate before I do my taxes or I may have to sell my premium membership and my computer......

Donations made. Thanks again guys for everything you all do.