Warrior or Paladin?

Morx

Reaction score
So I've got a 6 box that I run, and I'm switching from pet tanks (mages) to an actual tank.

I'm dropping either an Enchanter or Shaman, both of which are in the group in order to make room for the tank.

I was leaning towards dropping the shaman, and keeping the enchanter, due to all the casters that make up the rest of the group (mage, wiz, necro, enchanter/shaman, paladin/warrior, cleric). But I have an opporunity that just came up to start using a well geared warrior.

Obviously shaman buffs are going to help a warrior more than a paladin. Maybe they'd help a paladin more as well, but with all the other casters, I figured Clarity and CC was super important.

Thoughts? Go warrior, and just have a cleric/enchanter buffed? Go shaman, get all the melee buffs, lower haste, and lose CC/clarity? :(

I don't know what to do.

Thanks.

Not a choice but . . .

I would go shadowknight if you want a self sufficient tank and you do not need the paladin's extra healing. Warriors have better mitigation discs for named and such but overall the SK will require the least healing of the bunch in my experience. But I am sure others will have varying opinions.

Having Nec + SK doesn't mess things up? I figure the redundancy would be kinda lame. :(

Not really

Having Nec + SK doesn't mess things up? I figure the redundancy would be kinda lame. :(

Most Sk stuff is self only - no more redundant than a cleric and paladin in my opinion. There really is no wrong answer - depends on your priorities. Two FD classes is never bad if you want to avoid a wipe and your shammy has the same rez as a paladin so I say pick one and dive in.

i play war and sk i can tell you for group stuff 100pct go with sk once u start getting the aa flowing sk dont hardly even need heals

There really isn't any redundancy between SK and Necro. SK will be focused on tanking and Necro on DPS. Their common ground of FD/DoTs/DA/Snare doesn't step on each other's toes.

I also vote for SK. The benefits of a Warrior don't outweigh the complete overpowered abilities of an SK (in group content).

And I assume Paladins are just under powered compared to SKs as well? An enchanter still works better with an SK than does a warrior I think due to mana regen.

So at least that is solved. Going paladin or SK.

Now... Paladin or SK. I think SK is OP ... but Paladin's are kind of neat!

Better hide! Not many Paladin lovers around here! haha

pally love

odd your selling him MWAHA HA HA!

Sk vs Pally

Totally depends on what you want to do but I have been underwhelmed by knight dps, particularly with paladins (unless fighting undead). I know with the taps an SK will require less healing than a paladin and unless you are dying for Brell's that alone would make the decision for me: SK.

Would be just group content. Grinding exp. Having fun swinging my Flaming Sword!! (maybe should have mentioned being on TLP).

Totally depends on what you want to do but I have been underwhelmed by knight dps, particularly with paladins (unless fighting undead). I know with the taps an SK will require less healing than a paladin and unless you are dying for Brell's that alone would make the decision for me: SK.

Meh I parse 8-10k dps on group mobs with my pally.

Would be just group content. Grinding exp. Having fun swinging my Flaming Sword!! (maybe should have mentioned being on TLP).

Oh yea i dont know about time lock server lol, i thought you meant paladin's on the normal servers.

Do either SK or Paladin work better with Enchanter and other casters? I was thinking Paladin stuns would be sweet... Stun right as nukes are landing, and no worries of caster DPS pulling aggro. Or chain stun and burn a mob down quick type situations?

Pallys are pretty sweet on progression servers because hate drops t2 pally gear which is good even up through velious.

I use a Pal in my 6 box crew and can tank anything from group easy.