VET REWARDS

Missing vet rewards? Did you use the exploit? Have you petitioned?

• 1 account, 1 reward missing, never petitioned it. Never used exploit.

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Mutiple accounts, multiple rewards missing, never petitioned. Never used exploit.

Votes: 35 28.5%
  • 1 account, multiple rewards missing, never petitioned. Never used exploit.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • 1 account, multi-rewards missing, exploited subscription rewards. No petition.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • multiple accounts, multiple missing, exploited, and petitioned.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I sold the hell out of accounts i got rewards for with the exploit.

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • I tryed the exploit, but I am missing rewards.

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • I am missing rewards, I petitoned it, what's the exploit?

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • I am missing rewards, I petitioned it, I never used the exploit.

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • What's a vet reward?

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Not missing any and never used the exploit

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • Used the shit out of exploit and not missing any

Votes: 11 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

americanauto

Reaction score
Purely out of curiosity,how many of our members have accounts with legit vet rewards owed them that haven't been given? AND have you petitioned for them? If so, please post their responses if you don't mind.

http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/everquest-cheats-and-guides/15812-veteran-award-exploit.html

original thread on the exploit subject, if someone will please PM me with any links to SOE or other boards with a forum thread on this subject I will add them to the post. I know some of the threads on this problem are over 2 years old.

Last edited:
never petitioned but have 1 stuck at 3.6yrs for at least 2 years lol, and another at 4.9 for almost a year.

I petitioned and they updated mine, which had been overdue to roll to the next year since Thanksgiving. I've never had any problems petitioning, and always get a response within a day or two max.

I happened to have just petitioned that on my account, this was the reply:
This is GM ----, Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment, After reading your petition, I would like to inform you that we are aware some of our customers may be experiencing issues with too little or too much veteran reward time on their accounts. Our development team is currently working as quickly as possible to rectify the issue for all of our customers and we are hoping a fix will be happening very soon. At this time we are not adjusting accounts manually as to avoid any unwanted side effect it may cause when the fix goes live. We apologize for being unable to assist you with this immediately, but do hope you understand that we only ask you to wait as our temporary fix may derail the permanent solution our coders are working on.

Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this issue, If you have any further issues, feel free to contact us, and we will be glad to assist you.

Good Luck And Safe Travels,

I petitioned and they updated mine, which had been overdue to roll to the next year since Thanksgiving. I've never had any problems petitioning, and always get a response within a day or two max.

I ALWAYS get a response too, it's usually in the first 4 hours, if not, all but once in the first 48 hours, in fact, if it's a problem in game, like I deleted something, or whatever, they usually show up FAST, ESPECIALLY after a patch! However, they really don't seem to give a shite about this problem.

I happened to have just petitioned that on my account, this was the reply:

this is a generic response, mine reads EXACTLY the same. they don't even look at them anymore, and don't really care. The first time i petitioned this, i was told when i "supposedly" should get mine, and told to petition again, then I got this response. My account is 3 years old, and I still don't have Lesson.

I used the exploit to gain 2 years on one of my accounts, which brought it up to 6 years. Just a couple months ago, I purchased a 2 year sub, and petitioned to get the /played time added. The GM responded saying for some reason my account had 2 years more /played time than it should have, so he took that way, and added my 2 years from the subscription I had just purchased.

When you petition, they look at the total number of days paid for, and divide that out to figure out your years. So if you've used some sort of exploit such as purchasing / canceling a sub to gain more time than you should have, I wouldn't petition unless you'd get a net gain from them fixing things. If you've always paid and it just hasn't updated, they should be able to fix you up quick by simply manually running the update on your character.

When you petition, they look at the total number of days paid for, and divide that out to figure out your years. So if you've used some sort of exploit such as purchasing / canceling a sub to gain more time than you should have, I wouldn't petition unless you'd get a net gain from them fixing things. If you've always paid and it just hasn't updated, they should be able to fix you up quick by simply manually running the update on your character.

Dude, I am not gonna burn ya, but, what you are saying, that is kinda the point of the whole thread. GM's, or, well, the DEV's at sony rather, have for some reason not been able to figure out what in their system is making this happen, so they have frozen a large number of account on their time played towards vets...So um, honestly, i don't have time right now to go into how this is affecting the community, or how negligent the Dev's are for letting this problem go for so long. /sigh, like I said, not gonna burn ya. *bites lip*

Oh, and I forgot to mention, after like, my 5th petition on this, they have locked my access to updating the questions and answers in my station account. I click the links, and it goes no where, I log into other accounts, the system is fine, they have locked my account so i can't complain anymore and post their generic responses to subsequent complaints on boards, hahahaha, incompetence must be like ignorance, BLISS!

this poll is already starting to lean the way I thought. the problem is much larger than sony wants to admit. I mentioned it in gen chat on my server, and seems like allot of folks, monthly, or otherwise subscribers, are all having problems with this stuff updating. There is something about the way sony's system takes your money and gives you access that is just so fucked up that they can't figure out how to fix it without breaking the system, or else they are just too lazy to even try. I say make subscriptions free. permanently. make us pay for the expansions, more than we have been, but make the monthly subscription free of charge to ALL users, thus making the oldest expansions basically free all together, and bringing more people to the game.

Free, would fucking rock for EQ!!!! More players would most definatly come and play!!!

I'm guessing game cards don't get applied to number of days played? Mine is stuck at 6.1 years played on one account for the past year or so (payed through game cards).

I am missing my 7th year vet on my mains account, I petitioned and got the following. I never used the exploit.

Greetings XXXXX, GM Onyxramus here.

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues with too little or too much veteran reward time on their accounts. Our development team is currently working as quickly as possible to rectify this issue for all of our customers and we hope to see a fix implemented very soon. At this time we are no longer manually adjusting veteran reward times as we are unsure of the side effects it may cause when this fix goes live. We apologize for being unable to assist you with this immediately, but do hope you understand that we only ask you to wait as our temporary fix may derail the permanent solution our coders are working on. I apologize for the inconvenience. If there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know. Happy hunting!

GM Onyxramus
Sony Online Entertainment

Right.
There is a fix coming, so they stopped adjusting them for now, just incase the upcomming fix borks what they manually changed.

And where is my option for not missing any, and never used the exploit?

where's the option for used the shit out of the exploit and not missing any?

Oh, maybe I didn't know the whole situation. For a lot of people, the time just hasn't been updating. I don't think that it's all necessarily related to them freezing accounts that have done something to gain unearned time. There are threads acknowledging the issue I was talking about on the Sony forums, including devs saying they know that it isn't working correctly and to petition to have it manually updated.

Yes, it's not just for people that cheated.
They froze all vet rewards because of the exploit for getting extra years.
It is intentional, and for a while, they were manually adjusting them.
But now they are putting a hold on adjusting them because they don't know how their new fix will affect it.

Yes, it's not just for people that cheated.
They froze all vet rewards because of the exploit for getting extra years.
It is intentional, and for a while, they were manually adjusting them.
But now they are putting a hold on adjusting them because they don't know how their new fix will affect it.

This is (mostly) true. However, I know for a fact that not ALL vet rewards have been frozen. Not only do the poll results show t6his to be true, but i have friends that aren't and never were missing any, and a mutual account my buds and I share isn't missing any.

This DEFINITELY does NOT apply ONLY to those who have exploited, in fact, the problem is so extensive that sony can't even tell who has intentionally exploited the problem or not, thus they have stopped accusing, and stopped adjusting. A previous response shows this, where someone ordered and then canceled a 2 year, then purchased one legit.