Velishan's Revenge

[40oz]

Lifetimer
Reaction score
For those who don't know the fight, you fight a drake and he changes colors. When he's a certain color, you don't want to do a certain damage type to him (and he's vulnerable to another). If you do too much wrong damage, he starts hitting >100k/hit.

The fight is pretty easy, but I have a hard time spotting the colors some times. I was looking for something in the Target and Spawn TLOs to detect the change in model so I can emote to the screen (or turn on/off attack / swap weapons, whatever. Just want to start with the emote for now).

His ID doesn't change, and his BodyType doesn't change (and is reported incorrectly, also). Any ideas?

Up until the last patch, this raid was a cakewalk, but now yea, his colors aren't matching his vulnerability.

Maybe something unique like the DoN raid with the 3 fake statues and the 1 real statue?

starts black: cast ONLY fire spells
turns red cast ONLY magic spells

repeat

loot

starts black: cast ONLY fire spells
turns red cast ONLY magic spells

repeat

loot

That's the point, his colors are NOT matching his vulnerabilities anymore

He was red, and fire immune, he turned brown and was melee immune for us on Sunday night (or Saturday morning for you guys).

if hes red ONLY cast magic spells

ONLY MAGIC

NOT ANYTHING ELSE BUT MAGIC

!$ ANYTHING EXCEPT MAGIC

NO (spanish) MAGIA

have beat it after patch......

did i mention only 2 types of spells and when hes red ONLY magic (nothing else but magic)

and in case u were wondering when hes black ONLY fire (dont need to go on right?)

u can melee but yea no poison no disease and hes immune to one or the other depending on the 2 colors he should be red or black

Last edited:
He has a debuff on him also which he casts on himself, not just changes colours.

Velishan, The Deceitful begins to cast a spell. <Scales of Fire>

Velishan, The Deceitful is engulfed by flames.

Rinse and repeat for each the spell and you can just use audio triggers to know which he has cast on himself.

Im not macro writer, but im sure you could make a macro that would just echo which buff is present on him, checking for the few he casts.

Audio triggers work well, or just being a healer and ignore it all :p

He has a debuff on him also which he casts on himself, not just changes colours.

Velishan, The Deceitful begins to cast a spell. <Scales of Fire>

Velishan, The Deceitful is engulfed by flames.

Rinse and repeat for each the spell and you can just use audio triggers to know which he has cast on himself.

Im not macro writer, but im sure you could make a macro that would just echo which buff is present on him, checking for the few he casts.

Audio triggers work well, or just being a healer and ignore it all :p

Awesome, I didn't notice this. I can actually line this up in GamTextTriggers for our less intelligent folks also.

Nice, GamTextTriggers all set up~

Lastly, do ya'll use dots? I can't tell whether dots that bleed over through the change cause issues.

DoT's only seem to count at the point they are actually cast. We load his ass up with DoT's and don't have any issues at all.

if hes red ONLY cast magic spells

ONLY MAGIC

NOT ANYTHING ELSE BUT MAGIC

!$ ANYTHING EXCEPT MAGIC

NO (spanish) MAGIA

have beat it after patch......

did i mention only 2 types of spells and when hes red ONLY magic (nothing else but magic)

and in case u were wondering when hes black ONLY fire (dont need to go on right?)

u can melee but yea no poison no disease and hes immune to one or the other depending on the 2 colors he should be red or black

Interesting. When we did it before, red form was anything BUT fire. Black was anything BUT magic, not that it had to be a specific type cast. That may indeed be worth looking in to if we were doing it wrong before, then they fixed it to work as you describe.

Last edited:
what happens is he would normally change according to what dmg you do the most of, if you eliminate the options for him to change to another form youll force it to either be magic or fire.

much easier that way

odd really cuz basically we just burn his ass to the ground, dot him up and dont have any issues, even after last patch he still a cakewalk. Honestly we dont do anything special on him.

odd really cuz basically we just burn his ass to the ground, dot him up and dont have any issues, even after last patch he still a cakewalk. Honestly we dont do anything special on him.
We're pretty much the same way. Haven't changed anything from the first time we beat it. Normally goes through magic, poison, fire, magic. Rarely does it hit stone, but happens occasionally. Hands down the easiest event in RoF. Just never dispel him. =)

We dispell her to add some excitement to the raid.. =-P

We got the Achievement for 3 stone form changes when somebody new did dispell the buff. We had enough deflecting tanks that we actually survived till it stuck again on a later form change.