Updated Mage Mac!!!!

This macro doesn't work at all for me, just chain casts stupid pet buffs and damage shields no matter what value i set for the buffing variables, wont assist anyone whether they are manually added or whether I type /setma assistname . Does anyone have a mage macro that isn't so (no offense) jammed full of totally useless crap like summoning food and what not ? all i want it do do is assist a puller, send in the pet and cast nukes till it dies. nothing fancy, no pet buffing or anything like that. just assist, pet attack, cast 1, cast 2. I have spent hours trying to get this stupid thing to work, doesnt matter what i change in the .mac file or the .ini file, it still does nothing useful at all .

I use the original one in the beginning of this thread and it works fine.
Just change the spells to match what you want it to cast.

Does this mage macro work well? Is there a better one?

The one from the beginning of this thread I use.
Once set up it

Will cast pet and then cast and hand pet toys to it. Then shrink it. Will debuff then start casting a nuke over and over till mob dead at a set interval you control. So as to not run dry on mana or to run dry if you choose. It doesnt CoTH at least my retarded self has not got it to work. But then again I rather be in charge of that myself. You can control if it uses pet at all or mount. Just read the beginning of the mac once you open it up.

Mage mac rocks

I love this macro but have a question is there anyway to get my mage to use his aa pets and servant automatically. Right now I use mastermind on my main to get the mage to cast aa pets but I never remember how much time has passed. Also I would love to see a macro that would make a mage cast pet armor and weapons when asked then initiate a trade. Any help with this would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I might be missing it but I cannot figure out how to make my toon sit with this macro. For indoor zones where I dont use a mount he just stands there. Am I missing something?

I have scanned through the mac a few times since first getting it while back. And no where does there seem to be any code for sitting.

My buddy just uses elemental form in indoors zone for more mana regen. If you need it that bad sure it could be cut out of another mac that sits at a set mana %.

He also likes to have the ability to save the aa pets for names or in times of need. Instead of having it pop off everytime it refreshes.
Like the shaman aa canni ability. I prefer to use it in time of need than everytime it refreshes via the mac. What if it fires off at bad time and lowers the shaman health enough to get low life agro. If it is firing off it probably cause several mobs in camp therefor would be bad timing for anything going unplanned. Rather wait till I am hitting the cleric divde health aa and the cleric group HoT aa. To fire off canni 5 in hairy situations.

I have scanned through the mac a few times since first getting it while back. And no where does there seem to be any code for sitting.

My buddy just uses elemental form in indoors zone for more mana regen. If you need it that bad sure it could be cut out of another mac that sits at a set mana %.

Is there anyone out there that can post the code that I can insert into the macro that makes my toon sit every time a MOPB dies or at a certain percentage. Or just constantly sits after every action. Something for those indoor zones.

P.S. I use the first/original Macro listed on this thread.

Cmon, one of you Brainiacs gotta know how to!

Well, I have spent much time working on this mac as well as others and found several problems. I have set mine for MY mage and it works great. However, and no offense to the people that did much hard work on this originally or since, but this mac is NOT very user friendly. I set everything up and then simply copied and renamed my ini for a friends mage who is also level 80 and it crashed alot. After much cussing and smoking I figured it out.

This mac like all other macs cant read minds...lol If the spell you have is even remotely spelled differently then what is in your mac/ini it will:

A) chain cast or
B) CTD

Make sure of the following things when you use this mac as we all have slightly different spells, aa abilities.

1. Make sure your spell names match exactly what the mac/ini has (including spaces if appropriate)
2. Make sure the buff name is correct (IE spell is "wand of blah blah" but actual item is "rod of blah blah"
3. make sure that you have mod rods loaded somewhere in your spell gems or it will constantly retarget
4. make sure to have the newest spell_routines and mage_routines

I will post these when I post the reworked mac and my ini. Also will look into the sit issue. Never realized it didnt. Shouldnt be too hard to incorperate it into the update.

If I think of anything else I will add to this list. I plan on posting the update soon. Work has been hell. Hope this helps temporarily. When I really get some time I will try and make new pet gear work.

Yea, I'll have to agree its definitely not the most user friendly mac out there. I spent quite a while getting it to work properly after TSS came out, but it really does a decent job once its working. Unfortunately I'm only halfway through my deployment right now, so I can't really be of much use testing it. It really is a decent mac though, and look forward to Gladimus's updated version when I get back. :)

problem ith pet using this mac

for the last week when i run this mac my pet will attack the target of the MA then come back when mage nukes then attack again... this repeats till target is dead... anyone know why mage is calling the pet back?

Thanks

Jim you are the best unloading mq2melee did it, pet attacks normailly

sorry for dragging up an old post but i been running this macro on a lvl 65 mage, seems to work fine for a few mobs then will open first bag with an open slot and constantly drop/grab the modrod.
also during the cleanup part (found in gen_routines.inc) looting still seems to get hung up when looting stacks. i think i can fix this but figured id point it out.

does he need to actually use the rod and not clicking it?

ok now he seems to be chain casting the rod and getting the no duplicate lore items message. but earlier yes he would be fm and would pick up the modrod and drop it prety fast.

any one else having these issues? i havnt been able to figure it out myself altho im not the brightest at this. my mage only has the single click mod rod spell if that has any thing to do with it.

I'm taking it upon myself to do some updates to this mac. They include -

- Keeping IceFlame pet
- Using a specified spell (normall a Bolt) when Fickle Fire/Inferno/Pyro procs Flames of Power.
- Using summoned Nuke clicky (Molten Orb, Gelid Paradox)
- Sitting....
- getting weapon from Summon Prime Armaments, disposing of bag after.
- Debuffing only the mob being engaged by the MT. I've had this macro start debuffing unaggro'd mobs in range.....really bad in Darkened Lower Guk....

been slacking

Sorry guys. I recently acquired a warrior and have been working on him alot and neglecting my mage. I will post new changes real soon I promise. In the mean time, just a quick glance, can someone try adding this and see if it works:

try something like this up top of mac

Code:
/declare MedAt int outer 30

and this towards end

Code:
Sub CheckMana
  /if (${Me.PctMana}<${MedAt}) {
    /echo Mana is below ${MedAt}% .. medding up
    :Cycle
    /if (!${Me.Mount.ID} && ${Me.State.Equal[STAND]} && ${Me.CombatState.NotEqual[COMBAT]}) /sit
    /if (${Me.PctMana}<100) /goto :Cycle
    /echo Finished medding.
  }
/return

Im at work so cant try it. I will add it to mine and see if it works when I can.

As for the iceflame ten, it is like all the other buffs. If you want to add a new one just copy the line for the existing 1 and change the spell info.

As for the debuffing non agro mob, I never had that happen. Did you target it with your MA? Was it just wandering? Sure it wasnt agro on your pet from previous mob?

As for using summoned clicky nuke, I would imagine you could copy everything dealing with mod rods and just change the item and spell names.

Hope this works out for you.