Unbanked AA's passed 30..

I wonder if you could use the same concept and camp out the night before the expansion in shrouded form, unshroud and receive the XP as normal levels?

no because normal exp is actually calculated as you go

i could have sworn ppl did this for the last lvl cap raise... they got max reg xp, then shrouded and continued to xp once lvl cap was raised they had a headstart on every one else ... dont think any one banked enough xp to ding 80. but then again i may have been missinformed, wouldnt be the first time i was in the dark..

i could have sworn ppl did this for the last lvl cap raise... they got max reg xp, then shrouded and continued to xp once lvl cap was raised they had a headstart on every one else ... dont think any one banked enough xp to ding 80. but then again i may have been missinformed, wouldnt be the first time i was in the dark..

back in the good 'ole GK days, some people de-leveled before the expansion, left the corpses, then rapidly gained enough experience to re-ding 75. When the expansion launched, they used Expedient Recovery to reclaim the lost exp from their de-levels, and hit 80 very quickly.

that said, it's not terribly hard to get exp if you have the right camp/group. 5 of my guildies hit 80 within 12 hours of the SoF launch, legitimately (i was not one of them, hehe).

Alot of people are banking essences from Crystollos since you can preloot them. I know some who have hundreds of each.

They will probably nerf those before SOD release. Specially since its already wide spread.

So, interesting thread. Just in the middle of PLing another twink, he at 59 atm with 70 spent plus 29 banked or so. From what I gather after reading this thread I should simply shroud him from now on and spend a few days doing damage shield PL, since I make about 100AA per day using that tactic. In a few days I could unshroud, sitting at 500 banked AA, and then just start levelling without worrying about AAs at all for a while. Very cool, and I'm just amazed at having randomly stumbled upon this thread just before I was about to level him to 61 in order to have something to spend banked AA on.

Hm, will shroud AA progress be lost if I camp in between grind sessions?

just curious did you actually read the whole thread?

I really did, yes, twice. It is possible I missed something. What I did find was that I can zone without losing progress, and I also took the time to confirm. But, to me that didn't really guarantee that I would be able to completely log off the character and retain progress. I am guessing it shouldn't be any problems... but on the slight chance I could be wrong, I figured I would be better off asking rather than spend 5-6 days grinding only to find that most of it got lost after a complete relog.

You will not lose ANY progression no matter what. Progression gained varies dramatically on how / what you do. But once you shroud you can camp out for 30 days come back and it would be as if you never logged off.

That is the benifit of shroud forums. Store buffs, keep Pet, lets you go over 30AA banked if you do it correctly and keep them.

You will not lose ANY progression no matter what. Progression gained varies dramatically on how / what you do. But once you shroud you can camp out for 30 days come back and it would be as if you never logged off.

That is the benifit of shroud forums. Store buffs, keep Pet, lets you go over 30AA banked if you do it correctly and keep them.

Excellent, thank you =)

Remember this is very important. When you unshroud with over 30AA DO NOT MOVE THE EXP SLIDER BAR. This will force you to spend AAs to get under 30 or lose all AAs over 30 upon next zone.

suggestions

Since exping this way isn't an exploit to be worried about "getting out" could anyone suggest a bread and butter level to shroud down to and a method to use for mass AA exp on a level 80 toon. I know JJ said if you go too low (like level 5) then the exchange rate of the exp when you deshroud will be nearly nothing. So what is the best level? Also, what method is the best? I see people mention they are getting 100 AAs a day. What zone (not asking for exploits) and method is enabling that? Thanks!

I can't speak to most of your points, but I will say again for everyone ...

SHROUDING DOWN DOES NOT MAKE YOUR XP GO FASTER. It's been said several times in this thread. The only benefit of shrouding down would be to group with lower level toons and such. If you shroud down to level 5 and go mass kill crap, you'll find your xp will barely move when you unshroud. So you might as well just shroud closest shroud to your level (which in most cases will be the level 70 shroud).

Never used shrouding to get XP.
I understand how to bank the AA's though.

Can anyone recommend the best way to get AA XP for a LVL 80 while shrouded?
Some ideas I have are be a mooch with a normal group or maybe group with my cleric-bot and have him DS kill mobs in RSS and such.

Thanks

Aye, sorry heh. Didn't want to make a new thread for it.

iomoio

I can get 100AA a day kiting icefall spiders with my new 75 wiz. hes a week or so old and has 400AA already. i usually average about 80 a day tho, thats not playing all day.