Unbanked AA's passed 30..

example.

lvl 80 with 3000aa's=maxAA,
1. set exp slider to 100% AA,
2. Shroud
3. go do 100's of MM's at ~1.5AA per MM until you think you have enough AA's to buy all the ones from coming expansion
4. Unshroud
5. you will be over the 30AA cap and all exp will now flow to regular exp, as long as you never touch the EXP slider you will not have to spend them before zoning

steve

trying to follow u guys, want to make sure im clear

0 to 29 aa banked

shroud up

(xp set to 100% AA)

go xp (assuming u all are saying MMs), cause shrouded would be to gimp to be anything but a PL ee
I guess this is the part that I not 100% sure on, what the heck do u guys do to XP just MMs shrouded?

at this point u are to keep playing shrouded until u are ready to use up your earned AA?, (guessing there is no unshrouding to go do anything w your normal main then shroud back otherwise you have to start at step 1 all over again).

I know a few folks that normally dont do much else but MM (if they arent in a MM the may hit the bazaar) and even then its like one or 2 MM total so is this sorta for those folks that basically play EQ to do MMs?

You dont have to do MM's. I had a toon max aa's that I shrouded and just let sit there in the group to bank more aa's. I dropped shroud and now use the toon normally. Then she ran around with more than 30 aa's till next expansion. Did not lose any of the excess AA's after zoning or anything. Didnt change xp bar either.

If my Character is Set at LvL 80 atm whats a good lvl to shroud dwn to to gain the most aa?

level wont matter your exp still based off your normal level 80

It seems to me that people think that if they take a level 80 and shroud down to level 5, they'll gain AAs like crazy. Doesn't happen. The only benefit of shrouding is being able to go over the 30 AA mark.

Sorry, guys -- like so much else in life, you still have to do the work.

sorry to inform u but some ppl (aka) me have never used shroud form.

Neither had I until I learned that I could bank over 30 AAs shrouded.

But I didn't shroud and unshroud and expect to be max AAs.

The big question is can you reshroud and gain more AA's?

Haha that was a big answer for a big question.

screw it!!

GO GET zippzipp's toys or something of the likes and THAT is where u'll find the most use out of shrouding....deuces. sheesh i cant believe this is still alive!!

if i take a lvl 75-80 toon and shroud him to 65-70 and pl him he will get approximately 1/3 more aa than i would have normal @ lvl 80 also i dont have to spend all the aa's....it is'nt a magical xp trick its just a lil helpful.

- note: am wondering how xp pans out if u shroud then go do a mm..i never do mm's but still..interesting.

One, MM's now have very limited experience reward...that stopped a while back when people were getting 75% aa for doing one mm.

Also, this isn't that hard. Every single question here is just on specifics, but general rule of thumb:

Don't go over 30 aa, turn AAXP on at 100%, shroud to whatever level, then grind. When you're ready, unshroud, and spend the aa's.

No it is derived completely off of AA spent.

Which leaves an interesting exploit, but very few people have the patience to do it.
Currently the xp bonus drops off at 750

I see some fun and interesting times in my future.

what kind of interesting times you refering to? other than getting 749 aa then banking a ton of them? they mentioned exploit but nothing specific. i took it as refering to the banking of aa like described in this thread.

Probably he was refering to the fact that if you have zero AA and you bank the AA and don't spend them, you earn them at twice the rate. It's not x2 all the way up to 749, it scales downwards as you go. and drops off pretty fast after 4-500 as I recall.

I wonder if you could use the same concept and camp out the night before the expansion in shrouded form, unshroud and receive the XP as normal levels?