Ui bugs

Wolfy

Premium Member
Reaction score
When I have MMO loaded - my UI will not save correctly - I kept finding all my bags squashed up in the top default position overlapping each other every time I logged in.
I'd re-set them - camp out with the 30 seconds - log back in to find them all up in the corner again.
Been doing this for a while, So today I didn't load MMO, logged back in, re-set all my bags, camped out - logged back in....fixed.

As a test, I then loaded MMO, moved a window and camped. Logged back in and it was back in the original position and not where I moved it to.

MMO is somehow blocking the UI from writing to the UI_Charname_server file

Is this the feature of a plugin which I've missed somewhere, or is it a bug??

I haven't heard of this before.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Sounds like a file permissions issue.

I've had it on 2 accounts on 2 computers now. Deleted the UI character file, started again, re-set everything - log out and back - and all back to default - tested on default UI and 2 others, the same, checked UI file permissions and all set to read/write.
Unload MMO and it saves (on both comps)
If I import from an old backup UI it will stay fine, but any changes I make will not saved unless i unload MMO first.

It's only started doing it since the last 2 patches.

same issue

I have experienced this issue as well.

One of the things I noticed is that while it happens on my main (first toon logged in) It does not happen on the additional toons loaded at the same time.

I use MMOLoader for all characters I log in. The error occurs when using pre-saved character login info and logging in a new character through "Launch Everquest Session"

I don't personally use the loader, but have just noticed that it is enabled - I'll test tomorrow with it disabled and see what happens.

I have the autologin plugin disabled and it's still not saving the ui correctly when i'm in windowed mode and camping with the 30 second camp.

When I /unload before i camp it saves the positions of everything. But last night I deliberately left it running. Today when I logged in, all bags were back in the default position and all stacked up in the top left of the screen.

Definetly a plugin doing this.... I'll disable one every time I camp and try and track it down.

well, My appolgies - I've been loading up EQ without MMO even loaded and it's still doing it. So not this great program

Camp to character screen - saves it.
re-enter game - fine.

Quit out - no changes to file (as it should)
Load EQ back up - log into character - broken - all bags reset to default position stacked. So it's something to do with the way it first loads up a character.

Just deleted character UI file - re-logged in - imported from another character - seems ok for now.

Wish there was a SaveCharacterUI command/plugin - along with a ReloadCharacterUI command to bring it back.