UF for $14.99 on Steam

I'm wondering ...

Anyone think it would be possible to purchase a new account useing this sales link, but not name it right away? For the purpose of being able to transfer characters off of accounts that you bought from someone else and place them on the new account, which you would then finish the info on, making yourself the original owner of it, with the bought toons already on it.

Could you use that and get a key for an existing account or is that only for new accounts?
Should get a key. Since you still need to create a station account, and need the key for that.

Also, for now, UF is showing up in station store for $14.99 also - or at least it was, not sure right now, I just tried going to station store & get timeout.

htw

Answered my own question .... Not possible. They require a name for the subscription process so i can't use my name to set up the account, and still move the characters off the other account which has a different name on it. Which leaves me with a new, empty account that i don't need and haven't subscribed or registered yet. Anyone want to buy it for the 14.99? lol

Should get a key. Since you still need to create a station account, and need the key for that.

Also, for now, UF is showing up in station store for $14.99 also - or at least it was, not sure right now, I just tried going to station store & get timeout.

htw
Verified with a friend you do get key, as he had been considering buying another account. After he purchased the game, he went to his library, and clicked on the Underfoot game, then on right said it had a "CD Key" in the menu, clicked that, and there it was.

htw

Answered my own question .... Not possible. They require a name for the subscription process so i can't use my name to set up the account, and still move the characters off the other account which has a different name on it. Which leaves me with a new, empty account that i don't need and haven't subscribed or registered yet. Anyone want to buy it for the 14.99? lol

Did you get an Account Key?

Shows up 39.99 still for me =[. To get around the timeout, in your account page, dont click store. Click PC, then go down to the Everquest button then you'll see Get Underfoot now w/ pictures etc, then it brings you to the subscription/expansion page.

Shows up 39.99 still for me =[. To get around the timeout, in your account page, dont click store. Click PC, then go down to the Everquest button then you'll see Get Underfoot now w/ pictures etc, then it brings you to the subscription/expansion page.
LOL, they were prob like screw that, we didn't mean to offer it lower price!

At least can grab at steam and get a key, to activate UF on your existing account, for $15. That's not bad at all.

htw

i only checked for a existing account though, it may still show up as 15 for a new account. i wish they would just sell through SOE. it makes buying 4-5 accounts rather annoying making new steam accounts each time lol.

Did you get an Account Key?

Yeah i did. It enters it automatically for you. i stopped once i saw that i wouldn't be able to set it up without entering a name, so it's a new unsubscribed account, key entered, no info set up except for e-mail.

i only checked for a existing account though, it may still show up as 15 for a new account. i wish they would just sell through SOE. it makes buying 4-5 accounts rather annoying making new steam accounts each time lol.

MJ...I just buy it and send it to another email as a gift...no need to make a real steam account just make 1 to accept the gift get the key and activate...bam done.

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this :)

I've had 4 accounts I've been wanting to upgrade but didn't feel like spending the 160 dollars on to do it. 60 dollars to upgrade all 4 though I was perfectly willing to do so now all of my accounts are UF hehe :)

no just right click the title

This sounded very tempting, but think I'm going to wait till they announce when next expansion release date is. Rather pay $40 bucks for early expansion if its soon, than end up paying $15+$40, in the span of next 2-3 months.

This sounded very tempting, but think I'm going to wait till they announce when next expansion release date is. Rather pay $40 bucks for early expansion if its soon, than end up paying $15+$40, in the span of next 2-3 months.

So true but its too late for me...Smed never gives anything without taking.

So true but its too late for me...Smed never gives anything without taking.

We'll know this time next week.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal. I've had one acct thats been lacking UF for long time now, was much eassier to fork over $15 than pay full price this long after its been released.
Do they offer deals like this often on Steam?