TZ/VZ - RCC1

Argo

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Any hints? These mobs are rapetactular. Gotta balance nameds while killing adds = not fun!

ay no real trick that i noticed, keep them balanced,put casters on tallon-they can stay oor of the aoe- / melee's on vallon ( he has a nasty spell mitigation / resist buff ) having a solid add team and curing the tank on vallon with RGC helps too.

also make sur all adds are down at the end or vallon / tallon hp keeps poping back up to 10 % and slowly wiping you, charmed pets count also toward the add count.

Any tips for dealing with Vallon splits or how to stop him from spliting?

This is easily the hardest event of SoD up to Tower of Discord. This is the Sendaii event of SoD.

There is no way to stop Vallon from splitting. Just have an offtank aggro the splits as soon as they spawn and kite them. They are only up for like 1-3 ticks-ish.

We get the idea that adds were every 25%.

How close do you keep them balanced? Is there a way to reduce # of adds? When we do it we get close to like 5 adds every 45 seconds or so on top of VZ adds every 5% or so.

Did Tallon and Vallon with 2 mercs. I had my sk afk just; really used for the other merc. Tallon was a gimp. The splits with Vallon were a bit tough. I died once and then came back and got him good. Level 80 Necro at the time.

Did Tallon and Vallon with 2 mercs. I had my sk afk just; really used for the other merc. Tallon was a gimp. The splits with Vallon were a bit tough. I died once and then came back and got him good. Level 80 Necro at the time.

........ i think you misread the thread

anyone able to go more in depth for this fight?

Looking for a little more info on the vulnerabilities.

Fire/Cold ones are obvious what is happening, but with stun/snare (any others?) what actually happens. Does the stun have to have a dmg component? Does it just increase melee/nuke dmg input after stunned?...or just increase the amount of dmg on the stun spell itself.

With snare, does it do direct dmg? It seemed to act as a type of DoT maybe.

If anyone can explain their strat to get the adds down asap, and how much dps they dedicate to VZ/TZ I and many others I'm sure would benefit.

Thanks,
TE

Info given on the first page pretty much sums it up. I do not really know if mobs are more vulnerable to certain types of spells. My spells rarely get resisted and normally land for full regardless of which adds are up. Adds spawn every 10% of VZ/TZ ? Have audio trigger for "appears to be taking aim at this area" and run away from the area once you get it or take a big nuke.

Recap:
Casters on Tallon Melle on Vallon
Balance named then go to adds...rinse & repeat
Cure MT
Avoid big AE

Also I do not know if there is a way to stop Vallon adds, we just deal with them, they despawn in like 5 seconds anyways.

This really is a pain in the ass event to get down, but once your guild has it, I think it is alot of fun. The shitty part is the numerous deaths you have to take in order to get the event down. Hope this info helps.

xtra, you're actually missing lots of info regarding this event.

every add has a vulnerability that wont necessarily make your spell land for more dmg per se, but it will cause the mob to drop down way low in hp, causing them to nearly die instantly.

While you are summing up the gist of the event, the vulnerabilities have alot to do with getting the adds down fast enough to keep up with them.

Anyone come off some more hints?

Positioning? Numbers on each boss and numbers on adds?

We do 1 group on each, group of rogues on TZ and a group of misc melee, zerkers and monks on VZ, then have wizards pop in on VZ if they fall behind. You can save on some deaths by having people meleeing vz back out when he splits.

Other then that just balance them down while the rest of the raid takes care of adds.

At 10%, get people off the brothers and help finish adds, once the last add dies you win.

Having a designated rezzer / rez area helps too to get people back up quickly.

Warbrute - fire
Marauder - stun
Flamespeaker - cold
Skirmisher - cold
Priest - cold
Archer- stun
Slavebringer - stun
Lifetaker - snare

from what i have seen on this it is basically a balance and halndle adds. 2% split i beilive atm. Imo now this is striclty my own opinon, just mezz cc and lock down the adds, 1 group of melee on vallon 1 group of casters on tallon. everyone else handle the adds and just bringem down as close as possiable. If you gettem out of balance ive noticed u get a sht ton of adds for it. of course cure ae's and keep tanks up but this fight is simple but yet stupidly hard.