Trying to check for a debuff on mob

aspire2008

Iftw
Reaction score
Would this condition be correct to check for the debuff Shocking Vortex effect on a mob, as I only want to cast the spell if the mob is not debuffed with it.

If[!${Target.Buff[Shocking Vortex Effect].ID},TRUE,FALSE]

Do detrimental debuff spells work for Target.Buff?

I believe there is a BuffsPopulated bool you can also use, since the delay from checking initially and the lag always sh showing false. I have had mixed results with it, I forget exactly what it is

I believe there is a BuffsPopulated bool you can also use, since the delay from checking initially and the lag always sh showing false. I have had mixed results with it, I forget exactly what it is

I have mixed results with BuffsPopulated... I just issue a 1/2 second delay anytime I change targets if I'm going to be checking for a buff/stacking situation.

But yeah, without some sort of delay that will always ring true the moment you target something.

Is that condition correct though?

I doubt I will be switching targets much. The only time I can see it being useful is when Claw refreshes Vortex and the mob is already debuffed with Vortex, I don't want to waste time casting a shitty dps spell over again. Or incase you have more than 1 wizard in group casting Vortex as well.

I doubt I will be switching targets much. The only time I can see it being useful is when Claw refreshes Vortex and the mob is already debuffed with Vortex, I don't want to waste time casting a shitty dps spell over again. Or incase you have more than 1 wizard in group casting Vortex as well.

If you have max wizard synergy and a group that takes advantage of it, then casting vortex all the time is quite useful. Otherwise, yes... You can check for buffs or debuffs that same way.

If you have max wizard synergy and a group that takes advantage of it, then casting vortex all the time is quite useful. Otherwise, yes... You can check for buffs or debuffs that same way.

I wasn't planning to use any condition until this afternoon, til I read this:

shocking vortex duration | EverQuest Forums

Then tonight I just read this lol:

Defiler's Synergy | EverQuest Forums

and found Evoker's Synergy works exactly like Ancient Hedgewizard Brew or enchanter Reiterate line.

So it does cause Synergy to crit, I guess I won't use that condition after all.

Keep going back and forth on this, as new info is popping up.