Trouble logging-in one account of 6!

Redrok

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Looing for some advice/thoughts oin a problem Im experiencing.

I run 5 EQ accounts, all have been working great for months to a year with isboxer and MQ2 (from MMOBugs:)

This weekend I logged in 4 accounts as I normally do; patch EQ, run ISBoxer, load MQ2 using MMOLoader. All 4 accounts log in great and everything works as expected.

The last account (My Bard) I follow the same process and I get the following;

Logging into the server, please wait...

Error - A timeout occured.

I have tried logging in with no IsBoxer and MQ2 and can log the character in fine (just fire up EQ Pathcer, and log in that account.)

Have tried backing out MQ2 and ISboxer, but sill getting this problem for this one account!

Confused as the other 4 accounts login fine! And work with both isboxer and MQ2.

Wondering if there are any files I can try clearing out to see if something has changed (done no configuraton changes that I'm aware of on any of the accounts recently.)

your thoughst appreciated, Red

Odd one!

That error usually occurs when the password for the account is entered incorrectly.

Have checked and verified the password (can log into account and game/toon if no Isboxer and MQ2)

try logging in w MQ2 and no isboxer (have 6 up atm)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post but, why are you running the patcher on each account? I run the patcher when there's a patch and never again. I load EQ directly from the .exe.

Also, I thought MMOLoader had to be run BEFORE WinEQ2/ISBoxer due to the way EQPlayNice works or something? I've always run MMOLoader first then ISBoxer.

I have this same issue. it is related to wineq/ISboxer. I've posted over at Lax's forums and he does not know how to fix it either.

Lax Quote
Again I don't have anything to share except that the timeout error has been given for a failed password entry since the major SOE hack in 2011...

WinEQ 2 shouldn't be affecting your password entry at all, unless for some reason you have one of the password characters configured as a Hotkey in WinEQ. It's possible that certain characters that might be in your password don't process correctly under WinEQ 2, but I don't think there's been any reports of that happening.

I have 2 EQ installations and 5 toons. 1 toon can't launch via wineq or eqlauncher and if I shut down MQ and load up the patcher I can log in and I get the notification there has been x amount of failed logins. I've even tried changing my password to a less complex password and get the same result

I've had keys get stuck switching between windows (modifier keys like shift/ctrl/alt) which will cause a bad password entry.

Other than that, I've used 16 accounts on one computer before, and regularly use 6, with no issues using isboxer and mq2.

set up mq2autologin and launch your 6 sessions in order, see if that fixes it, it eliminates the human entry part.

I also use autologin and have forever. this just started after the last patch. I can unload MQ and just launch wineq2 and type my password in and it will fail. I've changed the password to simple alpha numeric and still fails. other 4 sessions will launch and auto load fine it is just the one account.

Tried deleting INI files tried other EQ installation and no joy.

I've given up and just launch the one toon via launcher then close launcher and auto launch others and gave up finding a fix

I have kind of the same problem, all accounts except 1 can log in using mq2 and eqlaunch. works fine from launchpad but won't log in if mq2/eqlauncher running.

Thank you all, some good things to try tonight. Just back from a biz trip away, but your suggestions welcomed:)

I have the same exact problem, also posted on the WinEQ2 pro boards and have there has been no response from Lax. I have to load the toon on a seperate computer with no MQ2 or WinEq to get them in game. It is a major pain in the ass. I think I had this problem before but cannot remember the work around I did. Let me know if you figure anything out

My fix last time was after I did a clean windows 8 install

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Scenario last night;

ISboxer - not used.

Ran EQPatcher, then exit.

Load MQ2 and setup MQ2AutoLogin for 6 accounts (and double check log in information:)

Ran EverQuest.exe as instructed in MQ2AutoLogin wiki, result;

5 accounts as before login automatically:)
6th account hangs and gives Error - A Timeout Ocured.

Looks like my next step is a re-install EQ and MQ2...don't really want to reinstall Windows!!

Last edited:
I would run a system check. It sounds more like you are having hardware issues with resources. Since it is only the last account that is being an issue.

Check your RAM/HD/VideoRam. I would start with that before I do any re installs.

prolly turned off

Turn your system page file on :)

account launch order does but matter with wineq2 so yours might not be related

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I have the same issue.

All accounts work fine besides 1.

The one not working doesn't work whenever trying to bypass launchpad that being any computer, IS, winEQ or just the patchme workaround.

It is just impossible for me to get in game unless using the launchpad.
Been a month and still desperate for a fix

Just to confirm, I get the same problem on the one acocunt whether I launch it 6th or 1st, or on it's own.

Not saying this is not a resource issue, but I don't think its just because its the 6th account launched:)

same issue 1 of six will not log in if mq2 on , using eqlaunch I just get request timed out and when I log on thru patcher I get the " failed attempts" message. I don't use isboxer or wineq, double and triple checked autologin but no dice unless I log on thru the patcher. it's crazy

I can keep trying to look into it, so far I have not found any issue, whether I do 1, or 8 (I've only tested logging in 8).

It's tough to know, without seeing people's MQ2AutoLogin.ini, and or course people don't want to send me their ini with station & passwords. hehe.

htw