TOON STOLEN

SneakyDaddy

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Not bought here on the site so I did not post this in marketplace...

Level 80 druid was stolen from my daughter...it was then moved to Sarym server. If anyone here has purchased a druid recently and it is currently on Sarym please contact me. I am willing to buy account from you if you will give me the info on the person who sold it to you. I have logs that prove this toon has been using active hacks for years and if I can not get it back for my daughter, I will get it banned...

Anyone that can help with tracking down what happened please send me a PM.

petermetzger_lml@yahoo.com is email tied to account now...

Last edited:
take your ball and go home will you? That'll teach them!

seriously, I'm sorry for your loss, but threatening to try to get the toon banned because of some other issue is questionable at best. I lost sympathy for your plight when I read that portion of your response. :/

in all seriousness, you should have enough information to get the toon back from sony if it was your original toon, no?

-jbl

I am missing the point of that reply bro...I absolutely agreee with him...if he can't get the toon back he should have it banned regardless of whether it was his originally or not.

Ditto...you don't let a thief get away with his crime if you can't recover what he stole.

You're new here so you don't know that what he said isn't irrational or out of order.

What! Are you serious?

You think if someone steals my daughters toon, tells me they did it and and says since they have they secret question that I can't doing anything about it...that I should say fine you win! Of course Monday morning I will do my best to get SOE to give me the toon back but since I was not the original owner of the "Account" (daughter created toon) I realize it might be difficult.

If I can not get back her toon then yes I plan to do anything and everything I can to make the person that stole her pay for it and definately try to make sure they do not profit from it. Are you saying that if someone can convince SOE to do something that is as screwed as this that I should just walk away? You really think that they should get to keep the toon? Please explain to me how letting them keep the toon better justice than me getting toon banned and nobody getting it?

And something which I am sure will make you even happier...I have info on several of their other toons and will make my lifes work to get them banned also...and if I can find their RL address I will visit their home and discuss it personally! Stealing is wrong and nobody should be allowed to profit from it...especially when stealing from children...my daughter did nothing wrong and I will not just let someone "take her ball and go home with it"!!!

Don't sweat him Sneaky.

You're doing more than most would by offering to buy the toon back before banning it.

What! Are you serious?

You think if someone steals my daughters toon, tells me they did it
...snip...

You left off "tells me they did it" in your first response. Which suggests you know who did it. So then, yes, go after them.

-jbl

Sorry for the luck. I know the feeling I always kinda had the same thing if any account of mine get's stolen regardless as to if i was the orginal owner or not and couldnt get it back. I would just tell them to check logs on certain dates. Im sure they would love to see them monk, sk and cleric dropping highend raids mobs. With my luck sony would be like thanks for your honesty and just suspend the account.

GOT TOON BACK!!!!

Found a very nice guy a SOE that had quite a bit of pull. He took the account away from the guy that had it, moved the toon to a account that has only my CC info on it and changed the name of the toon. I have been known to fracture a SOE rule in the past but my daughter played this toon 100% by the rules and it really makes us all feel good she was able to get her toon back. Once SOE was satisfied neither of us were the original owner but I could prove that the toon in question was created and leveled entirely on my CC it was downhill from there.

For the record I had offered this person a 76+ toon of the same class and offered cash. The other toons this guty was boxing were all 70 and under. His position to me was he was the original owner and there was nothing I could do. I have found out through other sources that he purchased the account through a broker. Honestly if this guy had dealt with me without forcing me to get SOE involved then I would have felt sorry him and really would have let him have the 76+ toon (dont use him anyway). Even now I would be willing try to help him with the broker, mostly because I would like to figure exactly who did this and how they did it.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with info and support in this mess...

Congratulations on getting your daughter's druid back :)

Congrats Sneak. Should now get the old account banned

Hell hath no fury like a pissed off dad

Grats Sneaky,

Now you need to do what JJ said: Nail the original acct

Thieves/gankers are wastes of skin IMHO

Maybe if you want to be a real jackass, wait a month or so until there's a decently leveled and maybe even geared toon on the account before you get it banned :D

Sneak...your a bigger man then I am brother. I don't think I would have been NEAR as cooperative with someone that stole an account from me (let alone my daughter). Glad to hear you got the toon back for her!

re

Glad you got it back but..

This is almost like getting ripped off by a prostitute or drug dealer. It's a risk you have to accept.

This is almost like getting ripped off by a prostitute or drug dealer. It's a risk you have to accept.

I disagree with the concept that you have to accept anything bad in life... granted you should not let it consume you. I believe if you are in the right and stick to it, you will eventually find someone who can help you or find a way to deal with it yourself. At a minimum you can walk away know you did everything you could.

You are probably just saying you have to accept there is a risk involved not that once it happens you should accept that also. While I know the risks involved in buyings accounts and using MQ2, she did not and does not do those things. In retrospect once she became attached to the toon I should have transfered it to a secure account but after a couple of years on the account it never crossed my mind that this could happen. I believe now that what happened is before we got the account the password information was given out to others to "use" the account since the original owner did not play anymore. One of those people used that info to get a CSR to reset the password and email address. Once they had the password they sold the account to a service. That service used the information they had and the account info to get SOE to reset the SQ. During all this my credit card was never taken off of the account. I was still paying for the account until I cancelled my subscription the day before I got it back.

re

I wasn't implying that you were wrong to be upset or trying to get things straightened out.

Just saying that it's always buyer beware when dealing with real money for in game stuff, because there isn't exactly any 3rd party (in most cases) that can help you if you get ripped off.

Obviously, having your kid involved made things different. Kinda hard to explain this to her, and even if she were to understand, it probally wouldn't help ease the pain.

I'm sorry if that was too much like a flame (could see how is might have been). It wasn't intended that way at all. Glad it worked out.

Hell hath no fury like a pissed off dad

Or Mom.

I started playing EQ after my sweet son, Devin had a deluxe sewing kit stolen from him. I was going to go after that person with both wands blazing.

By the time I was big enough to do something about it, he had quit EQ.