Timer for Debuff on Mobs?

tansy

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I'd like to add a line to my hud that will show the remaining time of mez on my current target. I know with the inspect buffs LAA I can see the buffs/debuffs on the mob, but it doesn't show the time remaining easily. Is this something that is possible? And is it only possible if someone has that LAA or all the time?

you would need to have mob targeted for that

Yes, I'm saying when I have it targeted, "on my current target." Is it possible to do? Right now I have a target info area in my hud that shows info on my current target and I want to add the remaining time of mez on that target too.

${Target.BuffDuration[SPELLNAME]} should give you how many tics are left on a buff.

Thanks guys, I had actually found that and gave it a try. As far as I can tell it only works if the group leader has the LAA to see buffs on your target. So I guess it's a no go to be able to see that information without the LAA which is sadness.

Yeah, you can see buffs on PCs, mercs, and pets without the LAA, but to see them on NPCs you need to have the leader AA activated.

Thanks guys, I had actually found that and gave it a try. As far as I can tell it only works if the group leader has the LAA to see buffs on your target. So I guess it's a no go to be able to see that information without the LAA which is sadness.

Although it's window based instead of HUD based, you could try one of the timer plugins: MQ2CastTimer, MQ2SpellTimer, MQ2Timer.

htw

Thanks, that works quite well! The timers seem to take the default spell time and not take into account Mesmerization Mastery AA but it's still 10x better than the goofy UI timers i've seen you have to set yourself, or even worse me trying to keep track myself :) Thanks for all the help!!

you could theoretically write a macro that just tracks every time you mez a mob and stores the MobID+Timer and put it on the hud. Would not be that hard unless you are already running macros on them.

Sounds like a useful include. Maybe someone will be willing to adopt Nils Autoenc macro. Devestator? Looking for a new challenge?