They ever gonna raise the 2 million PP Bazaar limit?

SiegeTank

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Yeah, it's really a bit more than 2million, since it's some multiple of 2. But it's still no more than 2.1m and change and a lot of stuff, especially on FV now, and kronos on most regular servers, are selling for a lot more than 2.1mpp.

I think this cap hurts the game since a healthy economy is a good thing for EQ servers. Sure, people can go back to pre-Bazaar practices and auction and bid in-game but I don't think players have that kind of patience anymore.

I can't think of a really good reason for keeping the cap where it's at beyond difficulties in making the required programming changes.

Hasn't happened in 15 years, doubt it will. Heard its some issue with 32 bit code, causing a limit on copper pieces, since all their code for EQ works off of copper pieces. Last I heard , was that it would break not just player data, but vendors merchants, npcs that you hand in plat etc., they'd have to do a complete rewrite sifting through the EQ code.

Last edited:
Hasn't happened in 15 years, doubt it will. Heard its some issue with 32 bit code, causing a limit on copper pieces, since all their code for EQ works off of copper pieces. Last I heard , was that it would break not just player data, but vendors merchants, npcs that you hand in plat etc., they'd have to do a complete rewrite sifting through the EQ code.

Ya would be very hard.

The only real way I see it as possible is an alternate currency like they use for raids/group merchants. Redo the entire bazaar with a new auction house system that uses that currency for value. Then you sell that currency from a vendor for plat. Call it Bazaar Coin set the value at 1 plat each or something.

needs to be done

It really needs to be done b/c it's killing my krono supply! I had originally thought that's why they introduced Nobles?

:confused:

Well proof that it can be done is inventory and bank windows that already handle more than 2 million.

It is just their willingness to do so.

Well proof that it can be done is inventory and bank windows that already handle more than 2 million.

It is just their willingness to do so.

That proves nothing. It depends on how the memory is allocated for individual variable uses.

You can transfer over 2 mil with the parcel system...
The same parcel system that delivers your bazaar purchase if you are not in the bazaar.
So I can send the pp to somebody and they can send me an item via the parcel system and I can send more than 2 mill too.

I can trade more than 2 mil to another player, I can put more than 2 mil in the bank, have more than 2 mil on me.

Much much more.

Support for more than 2 mil is already there, it just requires changes to the bazaar code. The character file and pp transfers, banking and everything else already support more than 2 mil or you would never ever have more than 2 mil to worry about it.

It is just the bazaar code that is limited all the structs for the player file and transfers already exist elsewhere and are already large enough.

It just them not wanting to spend time on changing it over.

If you want to deny it well feel free I suppose, but that doesn't change the fact you couldn't HAVE more than 2 mil if support for more than 2 mil wasn't already in existence.

Bt54, its more than just the bazaar code. There are a lot of posts on the Daybreak/SOE forums where the dev's have answered -not an easy task, its as bad as when they increased bag slots.

There is a lot of code to sift through, and this is not top priority for the developers, that it breaks the game, so the chance of it being addressed will depend on how much an outcry it is from the player community. Just like what happened with the inventory slot/bag code.

Who said anything about simple?

I pointed out that support for over 2 mil already exists in the game.
The Bazaar however does not make use of it.

Basically they didn't need to create support in the game for amounts over 2 mil. They need to make the Bazaar itself use that code.

I agree a fix of the existing Bazaar code would most certainly be hard, and time consuming.

Did you read anything above? Cause we just tried explaining to you that its not the same thing as storing plat on your character and that its not just bazaar code that needs updating. Its almost all aspects of the system that deal with copper pieces. It breaks more than just the bazaar. The 2 million + stored on your character is a completely different story.

I don't understand the logistics but its not the same from storing or trading 2mill + plat vs other related stuff that is tied with copper pieces.

Maybe someone tech savy can explain it to you.

oh hmm

How difficult would it be to create a tradeable, stackable, item (think bag of platinum from loyalty rewards, only a set sell value to all merchants)? That way people could at least barter for more than 2mil.

Functionally, any value in EQ is limited by the coding that was implemented at inception of the system which is 32 bit iirc. Within that, the bazaar system is based off of the copper piece and everything is a measure of that. So for example a listed price of 20 pp is really 20,000 copper pieces in the system itself. The problem arises in the limitation of the maximum value that can be processed, stored and manipulated which is around 2,000,000,000 cp which works out to 2,000,000 pp. My guess is that this money system has been in place since the inception of the game and is used for all merchants as well and not just the bazaar we just never notice it in the merchants because nothing evaluates in those values that would cause that problem.

oops

How difficult would it be to create a tradeable, stackable, item (think bag of platinum from loyalty rewards, only a set sell value to all merchants)? That way people could at least barter for more than 2mil.

Guess I should've specified that I meant for these "bag of plat" type things to hold a sub 2 million pp value. Ie: Each bag would sell for 500k or something, or they could create different bags with different values that rise in 20k increments.

Any merchant in game would be able to buy back these tradeable bags for a set value.

It's a band-aid, but it would work? I dunno, that's why I'm asking!:rolleyes:

Didn't they create something like that already. Don't remember the name but was around the time they introduced the uber rare merchant who sold off useless stuff that doesn't drop anymore? ( about a year ago? maybe two )

Guess I should've specified that I meant for these "bag of plat" type things to hold a sub 2 million pp value. Ie: Each bag would sell for 500k or something, or they could create different bags with different values that rise in 20k increments.

Any merchant in game would be able to buy back these tradeable bags for a set value.

It's a band-aid, but it would work? I dunno, that's why I'm asking!:rolleyes:

They already have that. Its called a Noble, 100k value on each.

The bandaid fixes never work though, noone uses them since they've been implemented. The correct thing to do is actually fix the issue, which I wouldn't count on them to do. I mean its 17 years of no fix on this issue, do you really expect them to fix this anytime soon? And 15 years on fixing the bazaar. They'd rather do band-aid fixes.

Last edited:
nobles

last I checked nobles cost X to buy, and sell back for less. So, not a fix.

Edit: I sincerely don't expect *anything* from DBG in terms of a fix. I bring it up on the actual EQ forums every now and again, and people get super upset when I do---though I don't understand why. Oh well. Till next year...

Last edited:
last I checked nobles cost X to buy, and sell back for less. So, not a fix.

They fixed it somehow, at least it was in a recent patch notes (last 6 months), where its almost equal on selling back and buying.

nobles

They fixed it somehow, at least it was in a recent patch notes (last 6 months), where its almost equal on selling back and buying.

Did a quick check to make sure it wasn't the chronic making me think that.

Noble sells at: 130,897 p 5g 3s 9c
Noble sells back at: 78.305pp 1g

So a 52,592pp loss per. It's not a *huge* amount I guess. Beggars can't be choosers at this point.

It's a huge amount, lol

That's exactly the reason they don't fill the role people desire