The Nagafen Monster Mission Macro - BE CAREFUL RUNNING

Definately working

finished second mission, got XP for it too.

sweet thanks for the update will try them soon. So if it was fixable without a patch why did it take so long! Damn EQ!

hmm any idea how to add a sub to kill the smoke crap in lavastorm if they attack. I've tried this lately and I will get 2 missions maybe 3 and then a smoke attacks one of them and it just stands there after that.

I've spent the last few days working on a few bug fixes for this macro. It runs pretty solid but still is lucky to last 24 hours without finding someone dead in lavastorm or the leader ending up in nek forest due to SoE's flawed programming.

I'll post an updated version more than likely in the next few days when I've decided I can't get the macro anymore bug free or I run out of time to work on it.

I've made changes to naggys kick so it stops spamming it, naggys position inside the mission, and lowered the task re-get timer from 2mins to 30 seconds so far.

I still need to add a zone to lavastorm if you find yourself in nek forest (happens when you fail a mission sometimes), some heading/moveto problems with some of the giants inside the instance (think they have issues getting to a certain loc sometimes and just start spinning), a way to stop the leader running around in lavastorm because he thinks hes inside the instance for some reason (saw this happen once) and more than likely a combat sub for the whirl of smoke that kills everyone in lavastorm (I'm a little hesitant to add this due to not all characters may have a weapon equipped or the weapon skilll/level to kill the smoke and I don't want to make everyone in the group attack it as that just makes more problems)

The experience gained from this macro is pretty pitiful these days but still nice to leave on for a few weeks to get maxed level as long as it doesn't become overly popular again.

Hey Fry long time no see....

I'm a bit interested in the idea of this macro being fixed up... I have just seriously returned back to EQ1 after a 2 year hiatus... and since there is conflict between my EQ2 friends and I as to what server we will play on, it seems that I may need to start leveling up a new set of characters on Prexus....

Long story short, thanks for the effort you are putting into this....

- Fred

I've spent the last few days working on a few bug fixes for this macro. It runs pretty solid but still is lucky to last 24 hours without finding someone dead in lavastorm or the leader ending up in nek forest due to SoE's flawed programming.

I'll post an updated version more than likely in the next few days when I've decided I can't get the macro anymore bug free or I run out of time to work on it.

I've made changes to naggys kick so it stops spamming it, naggys position inside the mission, and lowered the task re-get timer from 2mins to 30 seconds so far.

I still need to add a zone to lavastorm if you find yourself in nek forest (happens when you fail a mission sometimes), some heading/moveto problems with some of the giants inside the instance (think they have issues getting to a certain loc sometimes and just start spinning), a way to stop the leader running around in lavastorm because he thinks hes inside the instance for some reason (saw this happen once) and more than likely a combat sub for the whirl of smoke that kills everyone in lavastorm (I'm a little hesitant to add this due to not all characters may have a weapon equipped or the weapon skilll/level to kill the smoke and I don't want to make everyone in the group attack it as that just makes more problems)

The experience gained from this macro is pretty pitiful these days but still nice to leave on for a few weeks to get maxed level as long as it doesn't become overly popular again.

I would be interested in looking into this.
I never did any MM's back in the day, nto sure why, guess I thought they were lame, I sure could use some AA's or some help lvling though /shrug

Let us know if you get a working code boss, thanks :D

It works just the way it is, he's just talking about improving it. I honestly very rarely have a problem with it dying for how much I use it.

eqisdead

It works just the way it is, he's just talking about improving it. I honestly very rarely have a problem with it dying for how much I use it.

eqisdead

This is good to know... Currently on the new server I am on with some friends we have been power leveling / leveling up our characters through normal means... This would still rock for getting some AA.

GM

Had a GM pop in on me a minute ago during this mission, luckily I was sitting at the computer. He says someone petitioned my name. Named after a dragon. Idk if he was just messing with me to see if I was afk or what. but he pop'd in

I have updated first post with a new macro. The macro was last updated in 2006 so it's been awhile between updates.

The xp gained from this mission makes it barely worth using anymore.

This is all I really did, nothing major

---
---

Is there anyway we could add a GM check in there? I had a GM pop in on me that I mentioned in a previous post and If I had not been at the computer I woulda been SOL.

gm pop

had the same thing.. yesterday had a gm zone in, so i quickly got the toons killed. he followed me out into lava and said better luck next time.. now today he zones in again on me and says " trying your luck?" .... now what do you make of that one?

What good is a Gm check? other then maybe do a beep. If you stop it looks like you are automated.

what do you want the gm check to do? Stop fighting and die or camp in instace? theres a gm check that camps for if ones in lavastorm.

if you instacamp you are throwing up red flags that scream ban me please

naggy

i think id rather have it drop task and port me to lava then sit and camp me then have the gm sit and watch me running a mac.
(fyi. martin its on rathe)