The Nagafen Monster Mission Macro - BE CAREFUL RUNNING

Problems ive had with this macro is people that run it late and people that dont run it at all. If you invite someone to the group late after the task is assigned, running the macro it wont work so im sure its programed to respond to the select character screen, to lazy to look. To fix this all you need to do is pick a monster then zone in load the aa then re run the mac. If there is Someone thats not running the macro at all and is afk, it really messes this up. I know your asking yourself why invite someone that doesnt have it but just think of a dumb IRL friend that cant run a precompile of MQ2. Anyway If you invite someone to the group that isnt in the instance once you are, the Bots will all just freeze up and act reeetarded. The clerics will only target themselfs and heal then attack sometimes for a few seconds, the Melee will go crazy looking for a target to help kill then run in. It might not be much diffrent from before but at least it was more orginized :p and the clerics healed people. So yeah thats pretty much the only problem so dont invite other people to the group unless they are there to play the retarded way.

Last edited:
why make it camp if GM is detected, most likely they would be their to speak to you, and if you camp, or log its self-incriminating and warrants an instant ban. Just out of curiosity...dont suppose theirs much else you could do in that situation though either, if he sees you keep macroing your screwed either way.

BTW
Do you need to /plugin eqmoveutils etc with this one like old one?

Quick question. I'm a bit new to macros. How exactly does this work? Throw MQ on all computers involved, throw the macro on all computers involved and start the macro on every computer?

Is it possible someone can do a step by step for someone with 3 computers on getting this setup?

as the write up says, get all toons involved near the mob in Lavastorm, A Weary Traveler or something like that.

for each toon in the MM, you have to define in the naggy.ini which character he is going to play. Once you have done that, start the macor using /macro naggy on each of the toons involved.. The leader of the group, I would start last as he is going to also be the MM Quest leader. Once you start the macro on the Leader, he will start the MM for you and all others will follow once they get the appropriate windows.

just put the zip on all 3 computers, put the 2 files in first post inside your release/macro folder, start mq2 load eq, form group, then follow the first post

Usage
Save both files into your macro folder. Edit NaggyChars.ini and add the character names next to the monster names. If you are only using five characters you can leave two of them blank, same deal with four or three characters, you just need to leave the monsters you won’t be using blank. Run the macro with the command /macro Naggy on each character. Start the macro in Lavastorm next to "a weary traveler". Start the Nagafen's character macro last.

[NaggyChars]
Lord Nagafen=Fredy1
Priest Of Nagafen1=Billybob
Priest Of Nagafen2=Jerkmeoffjenny
King Tranixx=
Magus Rokyl=
Warlord Skarlon=
Priest Of Nagafen3=

This macro works great for me except one thing. We go LD 3 out of 4 mission requests. Is this happening to others as well? Seems to happen right after the mission is requested..... Even if I have the macro off......

Geoffin:
Very strange. I'm not 100% sure why it would do this. It could have something to do with priests calculating how many people are in the group.

elf2000:
I’m not 100% sure what to do about a GM detection. /camp seemed like the best thing to do at the time. All plugins are loaded for you, so you don't need to load any special plugins. It uses MQ2Moveutils, MQ2Exchange and MQ2Piggyzone.

JTPlayah:
I heard someone else having a similar problem to this. It could be to do with custom UI's

Fry.

Responding to the person who's going LD.
I too have been experiencing LD issuses.
I dont think its a UI problem, b/c I totally removed the UI folder, and let eq patch , so i only have eq's ui.
I finally got the misson to work after countless configuartions of how many accts, on which computer, blah blah.
Now I am beginning to think it may be my bandwith.
Any more than 4 eq acct's and I go LD at the request of the mission,
I have Comcast broadband with a 1.5K download speed I believe.
I think I may try incresing my bandwith to see if this clears up the LD issues.
I will let you all know.

Mac is running great for me with 6 toons. But the nagafen toon will not loot, just stis in position and never walks to the chest also shows failed missons everytime when all the others loot and show wins. Any ideas???

lonestand said:
Mac is running great for me with 6 toons. But the nagafen toon will not loot, just stis in position and never walks to the chest also shows failed missons everytime when all the others loot and show wins. Any ideas???

How are you getting out of the mission? Naggy delays an extra 1min or so after the rest go loot, then naggy removes everyone from mission so you can get out. If naggy doesn't loot, you shouldn't get removed from the mission.

Any idea what macro line number Naggy gets stuck on when the rest go loot?

Fry.

well it did that twice and the third time i looted the shard on naggy my self now it is working naggy got in line and looted.

but before naggy was removing them from the misson and calling it a fail and they would zone out and wait 2 mins both times and go agian.

so all i did to fix it was loot manualy one time never stoped the mac or anything

/shrug

It's all very strange. After posting my 1st message about going LD, I thought I would change my Configuration on my Cable modem Setup. I also use Lingo, so I had my Cable coming into my Cable modem, then going into the Lingo (VOIP) box, then my Switch. I took the Lingo Box out of the middle and just let it run off the switch. We started having success doing multiple mission and I thought I had it beat... until we did 6 and then the LD's started again. We got it back in after 3 tries and went to bed. When I got up, I tried twice to get another mission but went LD both times. So I left it and the wife did it a bit later and again, was able to get 6 missions completed and then the LD's started again. We use 3 different UI's between the 4 computers. As I said in my first post, I tried getting the MM's without the Macro running and would go LD at the same point, so I know it's NOT the macro.

Oh as far as bandwidth goes, I have the 8MB D/L stream and a 768K U/L Stream. Had DSL before Cable and DSL never had this problem at 1.5 D/L and 256K U/L.

JTPlayah,

Since it doesn't sound like MQ is involved, you might want to seek help on the SOE tech support forums or some other tech forums.

I used to read this one site concerning when my cable provider was going to release an HD version of their DVR; they had forums for all the providers, and people could post their tech issues, and sometimes techs from the company would troll the boards and offer suggestions. Unfortunately I can't find the bookmark for the site :(

But, since it sounds like a provider issue, you'd probably be better off finding a group of people like yourself, using your provider and a similar hardware setup.

I figured out why my naggy didnt loot, it turns out everytime i loot an earing, naggy will boot everyone from the task and not loot itself. this is when i loot on another toon.

anyone having trouble when you group wipes? The mission never ends and you go into a death loop :( dunno what's up

Phate said:
anyone having trouble when you group wipes? The mission never ends and you go into a death loop :( dunno what's up

Yes I woke up today to find one of my toons was stuck in a death loop ( was a cleric ) while still in the Naggy MM but the other 2 toons were sitting in LS and no longer in the task. Seemed very odd.

Won't loot

I like this macro alot I must say. Only problem I have with it is that I play 3 toons on a laptop with WinEQ and 95% of the time my toons won't loot the shards unless I bring the toon to the forground. They open the loot window but never take a shard.:confused:

I also ran into the same problem with naggy not looting after I looted the ear ring.

Some else said something about why /camp and I just wanted to add why /gsay anything? I would just remove the

Code:
/gsay Time to go, cya later
/camp

and leave the /endmacro and make it look like you had to really go AFK for something or fell asleep at keyboard. If its in the MM who cares if you die. Now being lava may lead to a real death but its prolly alot better than getting baned :cool:

Ok this is probably the coolest thing ever.

Okay I did this for 24 hours with no issues. I stopped. When I started it back up again, my leader (Naggy) will not loot a shard and will fail while the others complete it. He sits there for like 30 minutes saying cannot find spawn:chest. That was then, now I reboot, redownload it all set it up go to work. I see 3 missions done, 2 failures. I've actually added a 4th. Before I was doing it with just 3 but with the 4th character it actually has been failing a lot. ANyone else having issues?

Hmmm thats odd. I am running 41wins / 0 fails this session currently 3 boxing on one computer. No issues here..