The idiots at Lowes

aspire2008

Iftw
Reaction score
Wow. So I had this 10% off coupon code that works online only apparently but gives me the option of picking up the item in store (which really baffles me why its online only, doesn't that defeat the purpose if I can pick them up at my local store, why not have it work both ways).

So instead of ordering online, I thought I'd go in the store to pick up the items there so I could see them myself before buying them. Well, I get to check out and the cashier can't get the code to work, and I asked if the manager could override it to give me the $10%. He said he couldn't , cause they didn't honor it at their store. So in the end, I walked out with nothing but can shop it online (which I have no idea if the corporate online $$, goes back to my local community).

All in all, how do these idiots become managers. I can understand the cashier being idiots, but a good manager would have seen the opportunity, cause the ~$212 I was about to spend at their store was negligible to the $20 of that sale loss. In the end he lost my business and ended up making $0.00, and I can always shop somewhere else.

EDIT: If anyone wants the codes, which work till June 2nd. They are:

47000RRRRR2404R

470000000021930 expires May 29th.

Last edited:
lowes has gone all out on trying to be the first home improvement comp to go online for the customers.... they have only 1 year invested in it so far and it is nice but still a long way to go.There arwe times people come in and show me the iten they want to buy from online saying we have 10 of them when we have never had that item before.

they are offering deals like that to encourage online shopping not going into the store to buy.There are offers instore only but if it was only a 10% off then yah he should have gave it up on something so cheap in cost.Just did an admin override.

little tidbit for you others out there who are not military and don't get the everyday 10% for serving from lowes.

you can go to the post office and get a change of addy envelope and there is a 10% off coupon in it year round.

Yah I'd love to give the business to my local store. I'm sure they must compete in sales with other nearby stores to get some type of incentive.

But, seriously bad business to refuse a sale for such an amount. I'm sure the price is already marked up 5-10% for them to offer the 10% for military and 5% for contractors every day, so in the end it would probably would not have been a loss at all. But, I guess he just wanted to loose business. I went by Home Depot right across the street and got the parts I needed there.

Just treat them like they treat you. I.e., go buy what you need, then find it online - and order it cheaper, etc. Once it comes in, then go return it to your local Home Depot for a refund.

Screw the stupid bastards.

I got so fed up with them, especially Lowes. Home Depot isn't as bad (in my area) but still, instead of the old days of your hardware store peeps knowing their shit, now they can't even tell you what aisle it's in, much less give you any advice.

Oh well! Been doing the dumbasses at Best Buy that way for years, guess home improvement was a natural.

htw

Found a picture of htw in the wild:

tumblr_lw975wFrll1r8269to1_500.jpg

Found a picture of htw in the wild:

tumblr_lw975wFrll1r8269to1_500.jpg

Just because I love Parks and Recreation because of Ron Swanson:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFWeoxrhbE8[/ame]

For those that haven't seen Parks and Recreation, here's a taste of the Great Ron Swanson:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI[/ame]

Last edited:
Wow. So I had this 10% off coupon code that works online only apparently but gives me the option of picking up the item in store (which really baffles me why its online only, doesn't that defeat the purpose if I can pick them up at my local store, why not have it work both ways).

So instead of ordering online, I thought I'd go in the store to pick up the items there so I could see them myself before buying them. Well, I get to check out and the cashier can't get the code to work, and I asked if the manager could override it to give me the $10%. He said he couldn't , cause they didn't honor it at their store. So in the end, I walked out with nothing but can shop it online (which I have no idea if the corporate online $$, goes back to my local community).

All in all, how do these idiots become managers. I can understand the cashier being idiots, but a good manager would have seen the opportunity, cause the ~$212 I was about to spend at their store was negligible to the $20 of that sale loss. In the end he lost my business and ended up making $0.00, and I can always shop somewhere else.

47000RRRRR2404R

The only purpose the discounts exists is to push online ordering usage. Why would they honor a discount that completely defeats the reason it was ever given to you for in the first place? Honestly the manager made the right call in this case not to honor it. Imagine him trying to explain to his boss why he gave a discount to help drive online orders to some one who didn't order online.

Last edited:

47000RRRRR2404R

The only purpose the discounts exists is to push online ordering usage. Why would they honor a discount that completely defeats the reason it was ever given to you for in the first place? Honestly the manager made the right call in this case not to honor it. Imagine him trying to explain to his boss why he gave a discount to help drive online orders to some one who didn't order online.

People like you in management is why so many companies are shit.

Last edited:
So...

Coupon says online ordering only. Customer goes into store and asks for coupon, only to be turned down and referred to the online only requirement. Customer gets mad because they couldn't follow the rules, and the company is shit for it?

Maybe as a society we should all stop looking for special consideration?

Just a thought...

So...

Coupon says online ordering only. Customer goes into store and asks for coupon, only to be turned down and referred to the online only requirement. Customer gets mad because they couldn't follow the rules, and the company is shit for it?

Maybe as a society we should all stop looking for special consideration?

Just a thought...

When a company forces you to use online to get a discount because its a franchised vs private store. They don't need my business, or anyone else from the community.

If they wanted / cared to secure the sale I am sure they could have spared less time and just ordered it via a kiosk in the store and still gave the online discount.

But that is not how big companies work, being my comment about management.

47000RRRRR2404R

People like you in management is why so many companies are shit.

People like me? You mean people who follow the rules that the company has in place so that they may remain employed and can continue to pay their bills?

Don't get me wrong, if some one in management thinks a policy has a negative impact on customers they should bring that up and push for a policy change. However just breaking the rules for people is NOT the way to go about it.

The bottom line is with every transaction there are conditions, if you don't follow the conditions the transaction may be invalid.

If I join your fantasy league will you make special exceptions for me for keepers? If so I would like to select 5 keepers this year in place of my last 5 draft picks next year. Also I would like a 30 point handicap.

Last edited: