The Beast

Dinekus

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Strat talk for The Beast Event any info welcome

Cheapway

My raid leader says there is a place you can stand and tank the beast for the first 70% of his life without being hit. He also says a server leading guild farms the beast this way. He has yet to say how or where this is. Any others know? PM welcome.

Im pretty sure CT will claim triality did it this way and Triality will claim CT did it this way. Neither claim is probably true and anyway, if you cannot tank it this way for the first 70% you wont be able to do the last 30%.

My raid leader says there is a place you can stand and tank the beast for the first 70% of his life without being hit. He also says a server leading guild farms the beast this way. He has yet to say how or where this is. Any others know? PM welcome.

The beast spawn points have been changed. Therefore, if there truly was a leet way to avoid damage from grunkunk by hiding on the stalagmites it's been nerfed.

I wouldn't be surprised...our first attempt on this event reminded me of the old Valik the Cruel exploit.

you can still tank him for the first 30% by getting locked aggro then hoping off the north side of the island in the lake then hugging the rim of the island. thats about all i know so far.

so far we get the mate to spawn then its all down hill for there our raid wipes

Doesnt he 100% summon? which make this method impossible? any other usefull info out there? in order to attempt this should your guild be tower geared before even trying this?

Last edited:
Doesnt he 100% summon? which make this method impossible? any other usefull info out there? in order to attempt this should your guild be tower geared before even trying this?

You need some very strong/beefy tanks and good healers. I would say tanks definately need to all be tower geared, and it helps if you knights are too, since they will handle the mate some. This event is a little bit of luck and a whole lot of execution.

Can't wait to try this

I think Sunday we will attempt this.

What about the adds during mate how do you handle them?

healing strats

Any input on healing strats on the tanks? My tanks are server leaders and still take that truck hit.

Any input on healing strats on the tanks? My tanks are server leaders and still take that truck hit.

Wild Growth + Cleric 3rd Spire + Druid 3rd Spire when tanks engage. Stay close enough for hps aura and mit aura to hit tank as well.

Burn Beast

Seems that Burning the mate works better for us for some reason, seem that she sucks the health does more damage to beast then when we burn him. Again this is the way it feels when we do it. We have tired both ways and not gotten both down, so at that guess it dont matter anyhow. But any insight might help, placements of raid ect

Seems that Burning the mate works better for us for some reason, seem that she sucks the health does more damage to beast then when we burn him. Again this is the way it feels when we do it. We have tired both ways and not gotten both down, so at that guess it dont matter anyhow. But any insight might help, placements of raid ect

You can kill either 1st, but if you get rid of the beast 1st, the emotes go away. I can live with a longer portion on the beast, but I can't stand the volitility of people missing an emote and wiping the raid. /shrug each to their own.

You can kill either 1st, but if you get rid of the beast 1st, the emotes go away. I can live with a longer portion on the beast, but I can't stand the volitility of people missing an emote and wiping the raid. /shrug each to their own.

Yes, people that miss AE's are a bane to my existance. I mean how fucking hard is it to see bright fuckin yellow text pop up on your screen and just run away? And yes, we burn beast first to get rid of the AE's, plus the mate doesn't hit quite as hard.

So no wild adds or long process to kick this off? Just deal with beast and mate while watching the AEs and emotes? Of course as mentioned getting even 70% of a raid to watch emotes and follow them is almost impossible in itself.