tech help please

jack

Cheater Forever
Reaction score
First my challenge

I am getting a error message after patcher on eq " no 3d devices found" I checked the eq website and followed their directions. reinstalling the video card drivers worked until I rebooted my laptop then got the error again :confused:

This same error happenes on ALL of my games that require a lot of graphics.

Here is some of my computer setup:

1) toshiba laptop
2) windows xp sp2
3) ati radeon mobility 9100 graphics card (integrated)
4) well over 1.5 gig memory

When I stumble on a fix by tweaking my video settings or reinstalling my video card drivers everything works until I turn off my computer then on reboot I get the errors again.

I scanned with avg and spybot and the ony virus/spyware that shows up is zlob.video/AO on spybot. (that shows up and I clean it off each time I start my pc)

Any ideas on what is wrong? how to fix? short of (format C: ) :eek:

And if I have to get that drastic will windows be reinstalled when I use the toshiba recovery disk?

Make sure that you updated your windows stuff too...may sound silly, but it's worth a shot!:) If you already have, I have no idea...

did you try checking you version of DX9 or whatever it is now (think its 10)? Think that might fix it but its just a stab in the dark.

Search on the EQ forums for issues with your specific video card. The issue might be that the driver is too new, and you need to get an older version. EQ doesn't play 100% nice with the newer graphics card drivers.

I had a simular problem last night. The previous night when I logged off my computer I got a bunch of automatic updates from Microsoft. The next night when i tried to log onto EQ I got a everquest.exe crash. After deleting and reupdating the exe it still crashed.

Looking at the EQ forums it seems that whatever patch that MS pushed out screwed up the video drivers and/or eqgraphics.dll. I haven't had a chance to sort it all out but there are a number of folks having problems atm. I suggest you read the eq tech forums and see what everyone is saying to do. I plan to sort it out tonight.

i have had problems with my laptop as well, turns out the newest drivers wernt actully the best, i found some older drivers from google searches and was back in business. by back in business i mean i was actually able to log in, but would lag horribly in populated areas due to ram among other things. any way the point is check for different video drivers.

ty for the help guys it was that zlob downloader that caused my problem (darn kids need to stay off my computer) got it fixed now