Tank for Box Team

B33gP3wp

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I am restarting up a largely caster based team I had started a year ago (characters are all in the mid 60s), but I am contemplating moving to a PC controlled tank rather than Pet Tanking.

Group currently consists of Mage/Wizard/Enchanter/Bard with a Cleric Merc and Wiz Merc.

I have leveled a Paladin and SK to the mid 60s with about 200 AAs each, but before I start grinding more AAs and gearing up the toons, I thought I would ask people's current opinions regarding which Knight works best these days with a mainly caster group.

It seemed like the Paladin might offer up more to this group at first glance (stuns, group heals) since the SK would not need to pull, but from experience it seems that SKs might macro a little easier than Paladins. I was also worried that aggro might be an issue as well as it seems that at these levels the SK is having a little easier time than the Paladin, but it seems from reading these boards that they may eventually even out.

Since my cleric merc is a bit braindead at times, I will probably level up a real cleric eventually if that impacts anyone's opinion.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Paladin no brainer for that group. You dont need the SK mana regen, the sk epic does nothing for you. Paladin gives you tons of stun + nuke for easy kills and lets you do offensive on enc. The heals and heal procs off stun are just awesome free bonuses. For named you will be much better off being able to heal and cure group on demand.

Thanks Pete. I figured that would be the case, but thought I would double check before making the time investment!

Pete, would you suggest a Cleric healer for that group as well or Druid

Druid. use remote heals/nukes and itll be a nice dps boost to group. pal can 96% rez and do clr buffs. plus awesome fire debuff/boosts. and a really slick dot that does mega damage. all around way better than clr except epic/divine arb.

Last edited:
I had your group setup and went a different route. I added necro and druid. Dual pet tank allowed for tanking of all named and nec could use AA to tank if needed plus i used the nec to pull instead of bard so group could take care of crazy bard mana regen. was stupid high dps.

I had thought about going Necro originally...perhaps the second pet would have made pet tanking more appealing.