Suspicious.Cloud.9

jarori43

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
WTF is this in eqlaunchsetup.exe

Norton in File Insight says this is a threat.

in file C\macroquest2\eqlaunchsetup.exe removed..

Uh Any know what up?
Is that whats making me not able to run 3 on one computer loading MQ2?

/boggled

WTF is this in eqlaunchsetup.exe

Norton in File Insight says this is a threat.

in file C\macroquest2\eqlaunchsetup.exe removed..

Uh Any know what up?
Is that whats making me not able to run 3 on one computer loading MQ2?

/boggled

You'll have to disable Norton and mark it as false positive.

Someone was Reporting MMOLoader.exe doing same thing a few days ago. I'm not sure why eqlaunch would do it, I'm guessing it's because of the way the exe is packed. We will look into it.

Norton said:
Suspicious.Cloud.9.B is a detection technology designed to detect entirely new malware threats without traditional signatures. This technology is aimed at detecting malicious software that has been intentionally mutated or morphed by attackers.

So in other words, we don't know it's malware, but it could be, lets flag it.

Thx Fry!

and I dont know if it can be done but i have some refera friend rewards? plse donate that to your cause~

EQLaunch is not packed. Also, the 'setup' is simply created by MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO - Yes, that's right, MS. The 'exe' that is downloaded, is, if you look into it (open with winrar) the installer that MS created, but in exe format.

I can't help with fucking stupid ass virus detection - use it or not, whatever.

***** :-(

htw

I understand the frustration. But don't advise disabling Norton! They should just add the MQ folder to the "exempt from scan" and "exempt from heuristics analysis" lists. They're not exactly called that but anyone using Norton can Google or go to the Norton HELP or the Norton website and find how to exempt the MQ directory from these scans.

I understand the frustration. But don't advise disabling Norton! They should just add the MQ folder to the "exempt from scan" and "exempt from heuristics analysis" lists. They're not exactly called that but anyone using Norton can Google or go to the Norton HELP or the Norton website and find how to exempt the MQ directory from these scans.

This..

I added it all is good.

it just threw me for a loop cause of the . . thang~

Thx guys