strange crashes pre EoK expansion

Tharpzar

Reaction score
This is a bug I have been following for awhile and I was not sure if it was something I may have caused or if it has something to do with MQ2.

This is the first issue, is that whenever I have a group full of characters (bot on) autofollowing me or /stick me if I come upon a door that closes them off from me, or certain types of geometry in certain zones, whichever characters hit those doors/geometry. It will crash out MQ2 most abruptly. Most issues occur in the neriak HA's (npc: Rozz ones) but also occurs with the other npcs HA's in that zone as well. It strangely does not happen nearly as much in most other zones but the door bug seems to really error out MQ2.

This next issue started today doing HA's, have a full group of characters running around doing HA's and was fine until I went into the neriak HA's and as soon as my zerker would assist my tank in (HA:hate hath no fury) it would cause MQ2 to crash. I tried several ways to get around this by pressing auto attack and then turning the bot on, tried using throwing as attack then bot on and would crash repeatedly. So not sure if MQ2 has an issue with the zerker class or if it is something to do with that instance along with the zerker class. And, I did send the crash reports for these.

Also, there is one more thing, I noticed last night and today. (there was just a new compile so I have not tried it yet) but last night and today when ever I would mouse over another player it would show the info on that player but something that seems broken since the expansion is the guild info listing for all players at least on my mouse overs of them all is showing no guild name and just says <null>

Last edited:
This is a bug I have been following for awhile and I was not sure if it was something I may have caused or if it has something to do with MQ2.

This is the first issue, is that whenever I have a group full of characters (bot on) autofollowing me or /stick me if I come upon a door that closes them off from me, or certain types of geometry in certain zones, whichever characters hit those doors/geometry. It will crash out MQ2 most abruptly. Most issues occur in the neriak HA's (npc: Rozz ones) but also occurs with the other npcs HA's in that zone as well. It strangely does not happen nearly as much in most other zones but the door bug seems to really error out MQ2.

This next issue started today doing HA's, have a full group of characters running around doing HA's and was fine until I went into the neriak HA's and as soon as my zerker would assist my tank in (HA:hate hath no fury) it would cause MQ2 to crash. I tried several ways to get around this by pressing auto attack and then turning the bot on, tried using throwing as attack then bot on and would crash repeatedly. So not sure if MQ2 has an issue with the zerker class or if it is something to do with that instance along with the zerker class. And, I did send the crash reports for these.

MQ2AdvPath is most likely your first issue. With that plugin loaded you will almost always CTD when hitting a door or stuck in other simple geometry... especially if you are using /afollow or /play pathing.

I am having the same issue today. But in a Gribble When I pull a mob, as soon as I engage, 2 of my chars crash, the other 2 are fine. Has happened 3 times in a row. On the 4th time only 1 char crashed.

Not sure what wrong.

OK Just happened again. I think it is happening when the char tries to send their pet in. At first the char was ok, and assisting, but pet wasnt attacking.
Once I issued the command /bot petattackat=98. Once the mob got down a few hp the char crashed.

Not sure if this helps.

same issue

seems my shaman is crashing as well. will see if if has anything to do with mq2bot and the pet attack.

thanks

workaround

setting UsePet=0 (Mq2bot) seems more stable....

It's crashing for me even without a pet summoned when I /bot on. Just tried with my SK with no pet summoned, soon as I typed /bot on I crashed. And yes UsePet was set to 0

Last edited:
I need a crash dump of the pet crash for MQ2Bot to track this down. If you submit one, please let me know.

not using MQ2AdvPath...

MQ2AdvPath is most likely your first issue. With that plugin loaded you will almost always CTD when hitting a door or stuck in other simple geometry... especially if you are using /afollow or /play pathing.

I do not have that plugin loaded and it has been crashing on geometry and closed doors. Any, ideas are appreciated.

The crash seems so severe that it skips the screen that offers to send the crash dump...

I am going to add a line to my downshits to remove the new Summon Familiar buff, and see if that lets MQ2Bot run for pet classes without crashing.

No luck... Even with the familiar not summoned, using MQ2bot on a pet class causes it to crash randomly, but often (couldn't go a single fight without crashing)...

It crashes in a way that I was still unable to send the dump info...

I had also removed MQ2Famkiller as well...

Verified that the problem exists on Live and TLP servers. During the crash, the window came up, offering for me to click the send button for the crash dump info, but nothing would happen when I pressed it.

It's all hosed up. :(

Pretty much same issue. The second pet is sent instacrash. Also tried to send a report and was unable as well. #Funky