Steam Version of SoD

jasmill

Reaction score
Apparently there is an issue with the Steam Version of SoD. Steam started using the June 8th 2010 version of Everquest which includes the Underfoot expansion. I have the latest SoD compile, but when I go to load Everquest I get an "incorrect version" error. Is there an easy way to get MQ2 to accept the new version of SoD?

Well, you could. But until eqemulator.org people make it compatible properly, it's not worth the effort IMO. :(

htw

Could you tell me how to make it work? The Underfoot version of the SoD client runs just fine. I have played on several servers with zero issues. To be honest, it seems more stable than Titanium when running multiple instances. Having said that, if I can't get my MQ2 to work with it, it's a moot point.

You can't unless one of the devs here is kind enough to run up a compile for you with that executable. If you search for Titanium on the torrent sites, or SoF on some of the cheap software sites, like what is posted in the Emu forum, you can get either of those to work. For the Steam version, you needed to make a copy of your everquest folder and move it out of the steam folder to keep it from patching. If you let Steam patch it, you are pretty much hosed unless, like htw said, eqemulator.net update their server software to accept that client.

Good Luck!

Once again. There is no problem logging into EQEmu servers with the SoD Underfoot client. The client works just fine. The problem is there isn't an MQ2 compile that works with the client.

Once again. There is no problem logging into EQEmu servers with the SoD Underfoot client. The client works just fine. The problem is there isn't an MQ2 compile that works with the client.

So once again, since their is no issue with EQEmu, they wont change anything, change your version of the EMU so it has a supported mq2