State - MEZZED ?

xzav

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Looking at the main MQ wiki Spawn.State will return the following.

STAND, SIT, DUCK, BIND, FEIGN, DEAD, STUN, UNKNOWN, HOVER, MOUNT

MQ2Melee can check for Melee.Status of

ENGAGED, WAITING, MELEE, RANGE, ENRAGE, INFURIATE, BACKING, ESCAPING, FEIGNING, EVADING, FALLING, STEALING, BEGGING.

Would it be possible for one of the 2 TLO's to return MEZZED as a status or a state?

If not, is there another way for me to check to see if a mob is mezzed?

I would like to include a bit of code to check if there are any non mezzed mobs in a certain radius. Then based on that fire an AE aggro ability like whirrling blades for a warrior, or an AE nuke.

Sorry if my search fu was poor, but I was unable to find an answer or solution.

Not exactly. The client itself isn't aware of a 'mezzed' spawn state.

You could check ${Spawn.Animation}, and play with that with some mezzed & unmezzed mobs, but it may not be perfect.

Last time I recall looking at this, it was 26 for (at least some) mezzed mobs.

htw

Animations were only way to check back when I was playing more consistently. You had to use 2 Animations to check and those were not always correct. Dev might have found a better way I know he was looking into it back then also.

No, didn't find any better method really. I combined a few different things together including animations to make something that is fairly reliable, but not 100%.

The only 100% method that I know of atm would be to check the mobs debuffs for every possible mez spell in the game. Not something that would be very fast or efficient hehe :), considering it can take up to 2 seconds after targeting a mob for the debuffs to show up.

Im working the same mezzed state info for what im doing at the moment and basically the animations I am finding work best for HoT so far are 32, 110, 111. Those are the same as if the mob is just standing still. So do those animations last.

Here is a string i use to check for aggro:
Code:
/declare AggroAnim string outer |80|133|143|6|129|95|106|1|5|45|82|112|144|7|8|12|13|18|42|44|
Here is the standing around playing grab ass:
Code:
/declare MezAnim string outer |32|110|111|
May have to mod that mez animation for other zones, i havent had a chance to fully flesh it out.. and stupid cubes show up as aggro animation when normal walking in fear/garden.

Anyway, you add an array to set your adds, and you can run a check against animations to prioritize AggroAnim mobs first for mezzes, then go back and get/refresh the MezAnim.. This would be especially useful if you pull a bunch and snap off an AE mez and one or a few dont get mezzed.

Bummer.

Thanks for the ideas though maybe I can get something to work well from those.