Spell Casting Exploit

Darg

Destroyer of Man
Reaction score
Did you know? That a spellcasters interrupts are based on where the spell was started/finished? It depends on where you are, your exact LOC when you fire your spell, wheter or not you get interrupted. If you start to cast a long casting time spell, run around like an idiot, then go back to your "spot" your spell will still fire correctly.

I have done this casting my pets, nuking, and even while buffing raid members. I hope you can put this to good use, its a great way to cast a useful spell and not get "hit" by the mobs and still cast your spell.

<Warning the information below can get you banned if used in publicly accessable zones!>

Edit: Tested something new today....on a whim I decided to nuke a mob from across a zone. I wont tell just where yet, because it was quiet...too quiet. Anyway, make a hotbutton for /target <nameofmob>, and make a hotbutton for /warp loc x,y,z <make sure you get within casting distance, but stay out of melee range.> And finally a /warp succor button.

What I did was target a mob an moved/warped to it while in NOKOS mode, got withing casting distance and marked my loc. I then exited NOKOS mode and made my buttons, warped to my new marked loc, fired a nuke, warped to succor and waited until my spell was almost ready to cast, then warped back to loc again to finish the spell. And it fired every time! I hit the mob and he sat there, until I got within range again, but if you do it fast enough you can effectively "ghost" the mob until its dead.

Last edited: