Spell Book Organization

kram337

Reaction score
Any idea if there is a macro written to organize spell books? not that it's entirely necessary how with the right click functionality of the spell bar. But still, it'd be so nice to have a tidy book.

I don't recall ever seeing anything like this. Most of the spell book type stuff I've seen is more geared too the initial learning of all your spells.

I am curious how you would organize your spell book.

Well actually, I guess the first thing I'd want is to delete all outdated spells. Any spell that has an upgrade and can be deleted I'd want gone. If any events come up that required an old outdated spell - then I'd just go pick it up again.

Secondly I'd sort it by group buff, self buff, debuffs, nuke, dot, heal, heal over time, runes, utility... etc. One page per type or something like that.

I'll just do it manually for now. Oh what fun!

well, for that type of generic categorization you could use the ${Bot.SpellCat[spell name]} to at least get the type. set up an array, move all the spells to the back, break out the pages by # of each spell cat divided by 8, then start populating by lowest level to highest level.

figuring out which you can delete is a problem though since there is no rhyme or reason with some unique spells along the way.

If you load mq2bot and run this macro, you can see how it categorizes some spells.

it spits it out into your mq2/logs/ folder.

EDIT:
Or you could just do a simple:

Code:
Sub Main
/declare i int local
/for i ${Me.FirstBook} to ${Me.LastBook}
    /mqlog Spell: ${Me.Book[${i}]} - Cat: ${Bot.SpellCat[${Me.Book[${i}]}
/next i
/return

Attachments

• spells.mac
    1 KB · Views: 8