Sony Gamecards

Blitzkrieg

Time Traveling Troll
Reaction score
Red Telephone Booth, formerly a Cardboard Box
Website
www.mulletjunky.com

Has anyone actually seen these in stores? They're supposedly available at 7-11, Walmart, Target and others but none of them have had any for months. They've only $5 and $10 station cash cards, and some even have $20 denominations (none of which are applicable for actual game time mind you, like the $15 ones).

Where do you get them without ordering online at a markup? When I first bought them back in Gamestop, they were $15, the exact amount for most sub costs at the time. Since Free Realms, they've been introducing station cash cards like crazy but the game cards seem to have taken a back row. Now they're nonexistent in a lot of these major retailers.

No longer storefront that I have seen

MMOKeys (Stoneface likes this) sells them for $15.90. Yes there is a markup there but a trip to Walmart will cost you more in gas and the cost on your self respect is harder to measure. Plus when MMOKeys (or other online gaming shops for that matter) send you the e-mail with the keys you can just cut and paste that right into Sony's activation window. For my money the extra 90 cents is worth it.

I was just down by target yesterday, they're still there - at least at the one I went to.

Also, as my older daughter was down shopping at walmart, I asked her to check, which she just texted me they do have them (the 1500 + 500 bonus, or 30 day game card), and she was like "how many do you need?" ZERO! ;)

htw

I was just down by target yesterday, they're still there - at least at the one I went to.

Also, as my older daughter was down shopping at walmart, I asked her to check, which she just texted me they do have them (the 1500 + 500 bonus, or 30 day game card), and she was like "how many do you need?" ZERO! ;)

htw

Yeah that SC/time card is the latest it seems, but I still can't find that anywhere around here. It's horse shit. How the hell do they not have them one state away. :|

I'd trade you flip ass Fry's for them.

Blitz there not Everquest GameCard there Sony 30 day time cards or something, Its for ALL the cards, They should be located below / above the stationcash cards.

Here is the one I mean, in case you need to SEE it blitz! :D:D:D

wmsc.png

Those dang things were worth 6000 station cash each when it was triple!!!

Here is the one I mean, in case you need to SEE it blitz! :D:D:D

wmsc.png

:_(

Yeah none of those. Just curious, did you find them in the electronics area or near check out counters? When the old black/blue box'd gamecards were around, they were always in electronics although some station cash cards are in the check out counter areas now.

Display in the electronics. Their aisle that has the PC games, there is a a rack with all kinds of game cards, online 'credit' type cards (facebook apps, that kind of thing), etc.

htw

Display in the electronics. Their aisle that has the PC games, there is a a rack with all kinds of game cards, online 'credit' type cards (facebook apps, that kind of thing), etc.

htw

What the hell, I've never seen that card there, they don't even have a slot holder for it. They added a new area for the playstation plus and network wallet funding cards, but nothing there either. Free Realm labeled station cash cards, but they aren't $15 denominations. None of them offer game time. I'm going to 24/7 supercenters, perhaps that is making a difference (although I can't imagine why).

Hmm, yeah, I can't see why that would matter - although the one closest to me is a 24 hr SC.

The "spot" for it was empty for a couple weeks back during the hacker issue, but they put them back as soon as Sony brought servers back online, I noticed.

How many are you trying to buy, by the way?

I am not quite sober, so can't do it myself, but I could make my ole lady take me to walmart & buy them for you LOL. ;)

OK, j/k, I am too drunk to go deal with "The People of Wal-Mart" - I would risk becoming one of them.

htw

I just wanted one for now, but if I came across a grip of them, I'd definitely snag them all up.

Someone I know who worked regional management for them said they categorize them in a numbered department, 86 (lol) or some shit, all gift cards or cards like this in general that don't necessarily have a permanent spot (mostly applies to items on those display carrousels on checkout counters) or that are temporary.

It's a mystery!

Edit: I'm strictly after the time card portion as for station cash I use a Visa gift card. Visa gift cards not being re-loadable, are not acceptable for recurring charges.

Last edited:
Go Go basic Math!

My local Walmart wasn't carrying these for a while, said they had issues getting them to activate. Last time I was in I checked and they had about 20, brand new hanging on a peg in the cards section in electronics.

They are typically same location as the Xbox Live bullshit cards.

Also go to bestbuy.com and have it do a store locator. Find the closest one to you.

MMOKeys (Stoneface likes this) sells them for $15.90. Yes there is a markup there but a trip to Walmart will cost you more in gas and the cost on your self respect is harder to measure. Plus when MMOKeys (or other online gaming shops for that matter) send you the e-mail with the keys you can just cut and paste that right into Sony's activation window. For my money the extra 90 cents is worth it.

WHERE THE HELL IS THE "LIKE BUTTON"??? Lol........

.​