ShowEQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalle

Ummmm.....
Reaction score
Hey guys,

could u help me with ShowEQ ? I got WinXp on my PC and i searched for ShowEQ but i just found ShowEQ that work only under Linux. Maybe u got a Version that work under WinXp or can help me how i install linux with a PCVirtual Machine and maybe eyplain me how i install ShowEq then ? please.

best greets

Kalle said:
Hey guys,

could u help me with ShowEQ ? I got WinXp on my PC and i searched for ShowEQ but i just found ShowEQ that work only under Linux. Maybe u got a Version that work under WinXp or can help me how i install linux with a PCVirtual Machine and maybe eyplain me how i install ShowEq then ? please.

best greets

ShowEQ is linux only. There is MySEQ which is a Windows version, but I believe it's out of date. They're similiar to MQ2 where they have to do some updates with each patch. ShowEQ isn't designed to work under VMWare. It might work if you tweak it enough, but you won't get any support from ShowEQ if you mention the words "Windows" and "ShowEQ" in the same sentance. ;)

Psycotic said:
ShowEQ is linux only. There is MySEQ which is a Windows version, but I believe it's out of date. They're similiar to MQ2 where they have to do some updates with each patch. ShowEQ isn't designed to work under VMWare. It might work if you tweak it enough, but you won't get any support from ShowEQ if you mention the words "Windows" and "ShowEQ" in the same sentance. ;)

Ah okay :)

Maybe u can explain me, which Linux (i read something about "Redhat" and "suse")and how do i install Linux under a PC Virtual? And maybe then, how i get ShowEQ startet ?

please

Its more easier jsut to get myseq , show eq you have to install a whole differnt O.S. and get rid of your windows. You could run the os off a cd but im nto sure if you can access ur hd that way *shrugs*. but i know "mandrake linux" is 100% free there are some virutal ones that are free too whopix is a free virtual cd linux "http://www.icewalkers.com/Linux/Software/524100/Whoppix-Linux.html" Ive only used virutal cds for testing website vurns i have no idea if you can run it exactly like a linux os

MySEQ

This is mainly for Txmehome who asked in the shoutbox, but I found this after a little digging.. Aparantly it still works, although I haven't tried it yet.. Here's the link: MySEQ at SourceForge

I've used showeq for years and it works fine in VMware. I generally use slackware as my linux distribution for showeq but have used fedora core (redhat) and mandrake as well. If you want to have it on the machine you play eq on you can run vmware and eq windowed and see both at the same time. Since I became a member here I've used showeq less and less but it still has its uses.

Installing showeq is very easy but does require some linux knowledge. If you've got as far as installing linux in the first place then the steps of compiling and running showeq are nothing.

Nm sry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.