servers that have few maps

r0xx0r

Reaction score
been playing on a few servers, and they're pretty much classic eq and such, they have maps enabled, but only for starting cities and newbie zones etc.. the question is, is there a way (and what is the way if there is one) to have a map in every zone? when i hit (default key) backspace to bring up the map, nothing will come up at all unless i'm in newbie zone or starting city. I'm guessing this is prolly more client side then not, right?

any ideas?

no, i don't think you get it, i have all the maps. it just won't let me open the map at all unless it's a newbie zone or starting city

no map window opens at all

if was due to me not having maps, a map window would still open, it would jsut have no defining lines of the zone i'm in.

sounds like when they first added the maps in game (ya seems like they been there forever...) you could not map some zones just got a message that mapping was unavailable in this zone. elemental zones and plane of time for example...

He is playing on an emulator so no - it sounds like the map function is disabled outside of normal traffic/newbie areas.

Don't think there is any way around it - it is all based on the server side as to whether they allow the function within the client.

the client for emulator was before maps were unlocked for everybody.

The client requires you to be flagged for the LoY expansion in order to use maps. If the server doesn't tell your client that the expansion is enabled, you won't get maps outside of the starting zones.

The maps in starting zones only was a feature they added to entice people into buying LoY to get map functionality. Eventually they just turned it on for everybody.

hmm

so wouldn't one think there is a way into tricking my client into thinking (hey, we have this expansion activiated, lets just not share it with the server) so that i could use the map? ;p

(edit) the client that is used, is same for all of em - Titanium client - but i understand what ya'll saying, the server basically permits classic and kunark on this server. just hoping thier is a way to change that around via client side. no biggie tho either way. But hey! Thanks for all the replies :)

Something tells me if your client reports to the server it has an expansion way ahead of everyone else. You'll prolly be banned.

Why's that prwraith? It doesn't make sense that they would even handle such an event as it's worthless information in an emulator.

Why's that prwraith? It doesn't make sense that they would even handle such an event as it's worthless information in an emulator.

maybe worthless information to the emulator, but not worthless information to the people running the emulator.