Saitek KB > 28" LCD - NEED HELP

fauxshizle

Reaction score
OK, so while raiding with the wife, she got pissed at some shit in the raid and redirected the hate @ me, wich in turn forced me to throw my indestructable Saitek Cyborg KB into my real fucking nice 28.5" LCD, SO....after surveying the damage caused by the devil and all the pretty colored vertical and horizontal lines perfectly cascading around the 1st unintentional blow and the 2nd sledgehammer'ish contact point. I figured that I'd place the blame where it belonged and fired my lawyer.

NOW I NEED YOUR HELP. I NEED A NEW ONE......dont even suggest anything 720p. Considering there is NO substantial difference in the (TV / "monitor") category other than a TV tuner and a price hike in "monitors", I need some suggestions concerning 120hz, LED vs LCD longevity, and YES i wanna pay as little as possible. I've owned quite a few "low end" brands and been satisfied while some of my more expensive purchases in the LCD realm have gone to shit without the help of my fist or Keyboard. Any input, suggestions and or experince with a particular brand or model that is a nice grab would be appreciated. I do live close to a "big city" (400k peeps) ,so pickup deals at say BestBuy or whatever is possible as well.

Thanks for any help, and my keyboard says:
"FUCK OFF, Narcotics Anonymous is for dongles...you bitches!"

I expect you are going to a wide range of answers because everyone has different ideas on what is important in a monitor. I like lots of pixels and have 2x 24" 1920 x 1200 resolution monitors. One is a dell 24 IPS panel ( $350 ish ) the other is a samsung cheap $150 panel.

Personally the easiest answer is to follow the crowd and pull up newegg, select the size you're interested in and sort by best review and pick the highest ranked that hit your price point.

I Agree with Dewey with his suggestion.

But on a side note, I've been very very satisfied with LG. Even with warranty service they have been very good all around.

Check their stuff out, I'm sure you will be pleasantly suprised.

Samsung 27" LED 120hz monitor, as long as your video card supports dual link DVI and 120 hz. Graphics look real smooth.

Anger management classes would be a good first step :cool:

I have to disagree with you there Yoda007, I know faux... If he went to anger management, BAD things would happen.

My "deceased" monitor was a HANNSG and actual rez was 1920 x 1200, thats what rez i played EQ in. Of course any higher pixel amount on that size of a display will end up making me go blind squinting to see ridiculous detail.

Xmas i bought the wife a 40in lcd, its 60hz, for 295shipped on NewEgg. Seems that the price difference between a 32 and a 40 is almost NON-existent. Anyone recently buy a round about 40" LCD/LED for 300 or less and think its leet? Ive seen some for 250 like a COBY , they are only 60hz, but i cant see myself buying into the separated frame 60/60 3D Glasses deal for games, I saw this technology at NVISION 07 in Cali, it obv hasnt caught on like I thought it would, but other than refresh rate....is there any other "REASON" why i should demand 120hz? I dont buy Blu-Ray movies and doubt i will, so far the 3D movie thing is a fuking joke of a gimmick.

FYI im using a GTX460 MSI TwinFrozer2 atm, its capable.

Last edited:
my understanding is adding additional inputs will increase lag and that is why a lot of high end systems do not include multiple ports and a lot of on screen display options.

This really caught my eye a month or so back. I usually do tech shopping during holidays.. so its a 1 time a year thing excluding phones and stuff.

anyways http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236309

Frameless design some demonstrations on youtube has speakers and all the inputs ya need. No tv tuner tho not sure if thats make or break for you. Either way tho good to consider it.

Nice, only prob is , ASUS......worst company for customer support and they have shady practices of incorrectly listing hardware...meaning they lie about specs.
Asus has nothing but a distribution warehouse in the USA, and ONE...i mean ONE guy for customer support in California, and he defaults to china for decisions with problem hardware...experienced it myself....bad news.

Still looking, I think im just gonig to try and find a 37-46" 1080p TV with at least 2 HDMI and LEDbacklit, im seeing them for around 299 shipped....anyone spot a uber deal on a goood one, lemme know here, I appreciate all the input.

Well, its been a couple weeks, but here's what i eventually decided to replace my hissy fit kb executed monitor with. It was on special at BestBuy off a link from slickdealz for $299

Toshiba 39L22U - 39" class 1080p 60Hz LED TV | LED TVs | Televisions | us.Toshiba.com

Its 14lbs...it weighs nothing. And its beautiful.

Still, nothing beats my old 55' Panasonic Viera for overall pic and color quality. Paid 2300bucks for this many years ago...it never gets used, in my "TV" room. Little too large for my desk thow.