Router

hoppy96pgtbs

( o Y o )
Reaction score
I need a new router, I would like a nice one, dual band if possible, if not, of well. I would like for it to have 7 or 8 cat5/6 plugs.

I'm kicking myself, I had a special offer on one that fit the bill 2 days before mine went down.

I can't even get access to update the firmware.

If anyone runs across anything lemme know. I check newegg, newegg flash. And tiger direct daily.

I can vouch for the Asus RT-N66U router.
It's smoking fast, powerful and lot of configuration options. It's only 4 port RJ-45 but they are gigabit speed. It's also got two USB so you can plug in a printer, flash drive or even USB hard drive to share files, setup Torrents etc..
I added a TP-LINK 5 port gigabit switch for $20 and all is good.
I've had mine about a year and it's never been down. it's on 24/7 in my networking closet and it's rock solid.
It's a little pricey but you get what you pay for.
I'm running 50mb cable and my wireless tested at 63mb, same as the wired.
I recommend it.

-Wolf

I can vouch for the Asus RT-N66U router.
It's smoking fast, powerful and lot of configuration options. It's only 4 port RJ-45 but they are gigabit speed. It's also got two USB so you can plug in a printer, flash drive or even USB hard drive to share files, setup Torrents etc..
I added a TP-LINK 5 port gigabit switch for $20 and all is good.
I've had mine about a year and it's never been down. it's on 24/7 in my networking closet and it's rock solid.
It's a little pricey but you get what you pay for.
I'm running 50mb cable and my wireless tested at 63mb, same as the wired.
I recommend it.

-Wolf
This one?

Seems to be very popular, thanks for the reply!

That's the one I have as well. I recommend it for its features. I did have one issue when adding NATs, but it has been solid other than that.

If I could only get my Cisco router into management mode so I could upload DD-WRT firmware, it would be all cozy. But I cant. I was able to do that with my old bricked WRT54G, which I'm sure 1/2 the ppl here have.

Rinse and repeat.

If I could only get my Cisco router into management mode so I could upload DD-WRT firmware, it would be all cozy. But I cant. I was able to do that with my old bricked WRT54G, which I'm sure 1/2 the ppl here have.

Rinse and repeat.

I was able to load the DDWRT firmware onto a Netgear N300. It worked well, until it fried :)

That is a really nice router, have been wanting to snag one myself for a while now.

Piece of shit router! I got DDWrt firmware loaded on it, the WRT310N, (after 2 days of trying to make the power light stop blinking)(30-30-30)[90-90-90]{hold reset button forever}etc etc I was able to open it up in mngmt and ping it etc etc and wireless was working. as soon as I plugged cables into it, it went fucking bananas again.

I can't get it out of it's flashing power light daze again. Any recommendations other than using the best tool created by man on it?

Unbelievable!

I was working on it in 2 areas, when plugged in behind me (not at desk) I could get a solid power light and upgrade firmware. When I plugged it in at my desk it would be flashy. I took notice of this after a few times back and forth. So I switched the power plug out, from the one it came with, to a different linksys power plug.

Got into mgmnt mode, uploaded new firmware, DDWRT, and I am now currently using the router as we speak to type this.

The fucking plug was bad, had to have been the problem.