Rouge MAcro.. or INI

bigfella

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hello all,
I use /modbot and it works fine for my rogue, but i feel it is a bit out dated.. it dise not get him behind at the 6 O'clock Ass position, and does not open with the open strike even though i have updated it to swiftblade, he does not use thiefs eyes all the time.. stuff like that :) so if you have a ini i would really appreactiate it.. thanks :)

F modbot its a clusterF**k

mq2melee handles the things u mentioned (in conjunction w moveutilsb)

that and browse the holyshit thread (mq2melee baby) im not sure what any macro does for a rogue that Melee cant handle

it won't be in the modbot ini but in the mq2melee ini
as for moving behind, I suggest you compile the MQ2MoveUtils from the VIP boards, there is a snaproll option that is simply amazing for rog

I suggest you compile the MQ2MoveUtils from the VIP boards, there is a snaproll option that is simply amazing for rog

I assume based on your comment that the MMOBUGS compile doesn't include this snaproll option?

I don't do my own compiles, so I'd be interested in finding out another way of getting this.

htw, can this be added to your compiles? Thanks.

mq2moveutilsb has it i believe and its here

mq2moveutilsb has it i believe and its here

OK, thanks Dealings. I'll load that one up when I get home tonight and give it a try.

I think MQ2moveUtilsb doesnt have it or that it's buggy
doing your own compiles is just a matter of 1) getting access to the VIP boards which isnt complicate, 2) read the MQ2 wiki which isnt complicate 3) get the time to do it which takes 5 min

Last edited:
pms said we could use his moveutils stuff. In fact, it's on my "todo" list to change our mq2melee so it's compatible, so that moveutils9 becomes standard. I'll update the b one for now, until I can get around to doing the main distro.

htw

That snaproll option.. is that the one that will run directly through a mob then turn around??

I don't use that one looks way to unnatural to me lol, I don't know very many rogues or any melee for that matter that would run through a mob then turn around, everyone I know gets in melee range and then strafes around. Some will run in an arc around.

every rog I know and I did the same when I was playing a rog moves the way snaproll does, if you don't you are simply wasting your time, it's not only natural it's the best way to proceed.
the unatural way indeed is to move in range then strafe around.

every rog I know and I did the same when I was playing a rog moves the way snaproll does, if you don't you are simply wasting your time, it's not only natural it's the best way to proceed.

Actually it's a bigger waste of time to run through a mob and turn around, because you will get a lot of cannot see messages if you are already trying to attack. Where as if you strafe around the mob you can be attacking the entire time.

I used to raid a lot, 5 days a week from classic until PoP when I quit raiding. The only time I ever saw someone run through a mob was on a few dragon fights, and that was because the mobs were so large you could not really avoid it.

Actually it's a bigger waste of time to run through a mob and turn around, because you will get a lot of cannot see messages if you are already trying to attack. Where as if you strafe around the mob you can be attacking the entire time.

I used to raid a lot, 5 days a week from classic until PoP when I quit raiding. The only time I ever saw someone run through a mob was on a few dragon fights, and that was because the mobs were so large you could not really avoid it.

this is just plain wrong unless you are a muppet rog who doesnt use his opening disc

this is just plain wrong unless you are a muppet rog who doesnt use his opening disc

Opening discs didn't exist pop and before silly :)

Also I could be wrong, it's entirely possible. But I'm pretty sure as long as you don't backstab you can start attacking before you are behind the mob, at least thats the way it worked last time I tested it a month ago. The disc only fades after your next backstab. So you can be doing dps even while positioning behind the mob if you strafe around. However if you do not strafe around you cannot even start doing dps really until you are in position facing the mob. And that is of course also assuming you are using the backstab disc, and not the dot disc.

Last edited:
not working

as of 11-25, the moveutil seems to not work. It worked great until that file was updated today, now the rogue just stands there. He will assist, turn attack on, but no movement. Please fix this, I need my rogue!

as of 11-25, the moveutil seems to not work. It worked great until that file was updated today, now the rogue just stands there. He will assist, turn attack on, but no movement. Please fix this, I need my rogue!
Your answer is in the problem thread.

htw

not a good call to start attacking b4 you strike (ie disc b4 u open up w a backstab)

ive done 15k+ backstabs , and can and not uncommon to do 5 backstabs in a row, (at least its not something that happens once a yr or something crazy)

tons more dps if u strike (just get into position asap), no ammt of dps u do otw to the rear is gonna out do that

not a good call to start attacking b4 you strike (ie disc b4 u open up w a backstab)

ive done 15k+ backstabs , and can and not uncommon to do 5 backstabs in a row, (at least its not something that happens once a yr or something crazy)

tons more dps if u strike (just get into position asap), no ammt of dps u do otw to the rear is gonna out do that

I'm fairly sure as long as you start the strike disc while hiding, it will stick for 30 seconds or UNTIL you backstab. So if you simply auto attack for 25 seconds and then backstab, it should still fire.

Someone can correct if I'm wrong as I said it's been about a month since last time I played with it but I'm almost positive that is the way it used to work.

it never ever worked the way you think it does (edit : at least for high level openings, up to 50 or 60ish maybe you had the chance to fire it after being not hidden)

you can't do what you describe since as soon as there is a hit the disc poof

the steps are :
1) sneak / hide (only hide req though)
2) wait a few sec then press the disc
3) move in position (can be done before, as soon you are hidden, your choice)
4) backstab

you absolutely cant have the disc up then auto-atk since you wont be hidden anymore and the disc will be gone and wasted on a "normal" hit meaning a non-backstab

Last edited: