Rogue problems with mq2melee and stick

Morx

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm trying to use mq2melee, and of course the corresponding mq2moveutils with a rogue. Latest release from both from the MmoLoader. I target mob, hit attack, and it displays some info, and the problem I'm having is my stick distance. It's always 5.60, regardless of what I try and change it too.

I try and change it manually in the INI, doesn't work. /melee load, attack a new mob, and it's back to 5.60.

I try using /melee stickmode=on, then set a stickcmd in the INI. That doesn't work either. Hit attack on a new mob, and it's 5.60.

So I target mob, and use /stick behind 15, so I stick to mob. Then I hit attack, and mq2melee works fine. Doesn't try and fire any moveutils stuff.

So somehow my mq2melee moveutils settings are getting all messed up somehow.

Please help.

Hello!

I'm trying to use mq2melee, and of course the corresponding mq2moveutils with a rogue. Latest release from both from the MmoLoader. I target mob, hit attack, and it displays some info, and the problem I'm having is my stick distance. It's always 5.60, regardless of what I try and change it too.

I try and change it manually in the INI, doesn't work. /melee load, attack a new mob, and it's back to 5.60.

I try using /melee stickmode=on, then set a stickcmd in the INI. That doesn't work either. Hit attack on a new mob, and it's 5.60.

So I target mob, and use /stick behind 15, so I stick to mob. Then I hit attack, and mq2melee works fine. Doesn't try and fire any moveutils stuff.

So somehow my mq2melee moveutils settings are getting all messed up somehow.

Please help.
I just logged on a couple toons, and tested both, and they are fine.

You should have settings such as this, regarding stick, in your server_toon.ini under the [MQ2Melee] section:

stickbreak=1
stickrange=80
stickcmd=15 loose moveback
stickmode=1

If controlling strike routine, see the similar settings for strike (e.g., strikemode, strikedist, etc.).

After saving your INI, on your toon, do: /melee load

Then do: /melee

Look in your MQ2 window, make sure the settings are accurate.

When engaging a mob, use the mq2melee attack key (z) or /killthis to engage, don't use your EQ attack key, hotkey, or /attack command.

You should see it properly sticking to the approximate distance you set it to. If you use loose (like in my example), it's going to vary around the set distance. If you don't want that, then leave that off. See the MQ2MoveUtils wiki for available options.

htw

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try right now.

Do you know per chance if rogue helper, or modbot, use /killthis to activate their attacks? Thanks!

Answer

Last version I have/seen uses /attack on and /attack off.

It uses that to determine when to attack and turn off... re-attack based upon rogue position being behind the target.

Not sure if it can be converted to use /killthis from mq2melee.

If there is a way in mq2melee to issue a command to stop attack, then the same conditions can be applied to a modified version of RH.

I don't understand why I have to use /killthis, instead of just having it activate from /attack on within EQ.

I don't have to use stickmode=on and stickcmd in the INI. I've never had problems with rogues before, until this one, and the default settings have always worked. Guess it's been a while though, and things have changed.

I just want to hit attack, and have it not stick at 5.60...

Edit: And I load up the rogue today, and turn it on, and everything works fine, without any changes being made. No stickmode, no stickcmd, just works. Distance is still displaying as 5.60, but it's not trying to get right on top of the mob and running all over.

Last edited:
You don't "have" to use /killthis. You didn't mention you were using RH in your first post. I have never used RH, and am not familiar with it, so can't offer any advice for any issues you might have with it + mq2melee/mq2moveutils.

htw

RH has its own range setting within it. Whenever I used to use RH i would unload mq2moveutils. Made life a lot easier than trying to make the two work together.

Not using RH. I'm sorry I wasn't clear. Been using Modbot, and so far today, it's worked really well all day. Go figure.

But Modbot just uses moveutils and mq2melee, so it was an issue there. But again, it seemed to have fixed itself.

And now with latest update and patch, it's back to sticking too close. Obviously something is changing, but I don't know what it is.

This is without any type of macro, and just hitting the attack button from within EQ to active mq2melee/mq2moveutils.

Bump, I'm having this issue, any help? None of these things seem to work. It's pretty arbitrary.

Automatic stick distances are calculated based on the target's height. If using any plugin that affects it, that can mess with melee. As I put in an earlier post, if you put the stick options in your mq2melee section of server_toon.ini, and load them, then it will use that exactly - it will not do any distance calculations. E.g., if you have stickmode=1, and stickcmd=12 moveback, then it is going to stick at 12 always, regardless of target height. Any other stick option at that point, will be controlled by your mq2moveutils.ini settings (or default mq2moveutils options). E.g., if you put stickcmd=loose, then it will do loose, but all other options are going to be default or those set by your moveutils.ini.

htw

Automatic stick distances are calculated based on the target's height. If using any plugin that affects it, that can mess with melee. As I put in an earlier post, if you put the stick options in your mq2melee section of server_toon.ini, and load them, then it will use that exactly - it will not do any distance calculations. E.g., if you have stickmode=1, and stickcmd=12 moveback, then it is going to stick at 12 always, regardless of target height. Any other stick option at that point, will be controlled by your mq2moveutils.ini settings (or default mq2moveutils options). E.g., if you put stickcmd=loose, then it will do loose, but all other options are going to be default or those set by your moveutils.ini.

htw
Alright I'll try this, but is there any way I can get it to do a calculation that will put me more at max melee range, rather than the epicenter of a mob? I would love for it to calculate the hitbox right, but as of now it goes for the middle of it, if it would go for the edge that'd be perfect!'

I do not have this section in that file, so I deleted it to see if it will repopulate it.

Now after setting heading to loose everything just runs everywhere crazy, it sucks. I set it back to true and it does the same thing, this is awful.

Last edited:
Okay I got that working now, I had to do a save first. Fixed the things, now is there any way for him not to do the studder step as things run away? Then it would be FLAWLESS!

Last edited:
You don't "have" to use /killthis. You didn't mention you were using RH in your first post. I have never used RH, and am not familiar with it, so can't offer any advice for any issues you might have with it + mq2melee/mq2moveutils.

htw

htw, I am having issues when attacking with mq2melee, i have tried a different version that you posted and the same problem happens. When i attack everythin is working properly except my char keeps sitting over and over. How do i make it stop? btw it wasnt doin that fearlier today.

Last edited:
htw, I am having issues when attacking with mq2melee, i have tried a different version that you posted and the same problem happens. When i attack everythin is working properly except my char keeps sitting over and over. How do i make it stop? btw it wasnt doin that fearlier today.
Hrm, odd. At no point does mq2melee have you sit. It does do /stand a couple of times, if you are FD & the option & status call for it to stand you up. Maybe a holyshit? Or macro?

htw