Rogue PL'ing / AA grind advice request

Excellent1

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After returning to the game after a long break, I've decided to level a rogue. After a few hours of killing through low level familiar zones, I'm seeing things really slow down and I'm looking for some advice.

Right now my rogue is 54, and I'm trying to figure out what the best way to level him would be, given my resources. I have an 85 berserker with MMM/Crystallos raid gear, an 84 Monk with Solt level gear, and an 83 shaman with crap gear. These are my resources to use to help PL.

From what I've read, some folks in another thread have mentioned being able to knock out 150 AA per hour, some folks use SK's and DS's to PL, some group the lowbie with a higher level toon and slaughter zones. I don't have a SK available, and I'm unsure what method was being used for the 150 / hour number. Also, I don't believe I can group the rogue with my 85 toon yet (requires 57, iirc).

Just looking for some suggestions on what my best option would be, given the toons I have available. I know rogues aren't the greatest melee's to try to solo with a merc (although they can do it), and I have been using the shaman outside of the group for buffs/heals while soloing so far. That doesn't seem to be as fast as what I've been reading here, so any tips or help anyone might have is appreciated.

Thanks all.

At level 56 you can group with an 85. go to the hot zones with zerc and merc and tear them up.

Thanks for the quick response. What zones would be good for AA experience? I know from checking POI and some other places that most of the stuff is grey to the zerker, which would result in no AA xp for the rogue, if I'm remembering correctly.

If people don't want to share out a good spot, I'd appreciate a PM, and I'd hold it in confidence.

Anyway, I'll work on getting him to 56 for now. Thanks.

Just take him out to fadnare with your box crew, enough said!! I did that with my rogue. He was in the 80's with about 100 aa's with like 3 days play time.

Take your zerker and shammy out to vald with your rogue grouped up and ripo train the wolves with epic click from shammy. If you get a big enough train you'll probably ding once or twice per pull.

I just PL'ed a warrior with a similar situation as yours and I used the hot zones with decent results. I was always moving to whatever hot zone had yellow con mobs for the best time spent to exp earned ratio. At 54 I think I was doing Crypt of Decay. Stoneroot falls soon after that. Once I could get into PoFire I levelled there for awhile as well.

get level 55 and get the level 55 posion purchased in PoK, does 2.5k nukes multiple times per mob, get the best heal mercenary available and grind on blue mobs. I get around 6 aa's an hour np doing this.

Good luck!

Hi guys,

After returning to the game after a long break, I've decided to level a rogue. After a few hours of killing through low level familiar zones, I'm seeing things really slow down and I'm looking for some advice.

Right now my rogue is 54, and I'm trying to figure out what the best way to level him would be, given my resources. I have an 85 berserker with MMM/Crystallos raid gear, an 84 Monk with Solt level gear, and an 83 shaman with crap gear. These are my resources to use to help PL.

From what I've read, some folks in another thread have mentioned being able to knock out 150 AA per hour, some folks use SK's and DS's to PL, some group the lowbie with a higher level toon and slaughter zones. I don't have a SK available, and I'm unsure what method was being used for the 150 / hour number. Also, I don't believe I can group the rogue with my 85 toon yet (requires 57, iirc).

Just looking for some suggestions on what my best option would be, given the toons I have available. I know rogues aren't the greatest melee's to try to solo with a merc (although they can do it), and I have been using the shaman outside of the group for buffs/heals while soloing so far. That doesn't seem to be as fast as what I've been reading here, so any tips or help anyone might have is appreciated.

Thanks all.

Heh you read my other post...

Your situation I'd use shm/rog combo loading up with some DS and poison pot's until high enough to group up with the zerk ya and head to CoD (providing mobs are not grey cons).

Your zerk should be able to slaughter there for some nice fast xp and your rog's merc should be able to cover his heals using the balanced or efficient settings (say rog's merc not zerk so you dont have zerks 85 merc sucking up all the xp too). May wanna farm your AA's and lvls there until shit starts going LB cons.

Once thats done you'll prolly want to jump straight to Valdeholm and go straight xp until 72-73 when mobs start going yellow to ya... then farm for AA until your sick of the zone you cant stand the thought of spending another min there.

When that happens tell yourself "tough shit" and grind up to 75 then farm another couple hundred AA or finish off those important ones you want before going up to 80 and any aa you think could help your dps. If I remember correctly I used to get 15-18% of an AA per kill pre 73 there... After you ding 80 your pretty much done with the zone. Its still an ok spot since its a hotzone but that is likely to change before then and by now you'd prolly rather stick your hand in a blender then spend any more time there so its time to start on your progression or essence farming anyway.

Honestly in this scenario Vald is a test of your commitment for that rog. I can pretty much guarantee once that zone is no longer hot you'll never see me in it again!

Thanks for the replies, all.

Found a spot at 55 where I can kill fairly quickly and I'm getting 27-29% aa per mob. I'm using the new poisons and the shammy outside group, except to group for spirit of the leopard cast. Between the procs from leopard and the poison procs, it's pretty fast killing.

Last hour I grabbed 15 AA, but not much to spend them on at 55, so I'm going to bank 30 and then grind a level or two until I can get with the zerk and find some low cons to slaughter, as people have suggested.

It's fun being back, and I'm really wanting to get the rogue up to snuff, so hopefully I can keep at it until I'm there. :)

monk

dont forget you can always FD powerlevel with monk, although at 55 i doubt its any faster. However, when you get into the 70's you can kill with monk and FD and let rogue finish for some good exp.