Rogue movement issue

dushlan

Reaction score
I find that when I use MQ on my rogue my movements are always hampered. I have all the run speed AAs, so sneak without MQ running works the same as normal running. With MQ, though, even when I'm not sneaking, my run speed is slower than typical, and I still can't keep up with group members, and even bard speed won't work.

I've been looking for a post here for any others who've had the same issue, but have yet to find the issue addressed. If someone has advice for me, please help! Thank you.

I find that when I use MQ on my rogue my movements are always hampered. I have all the run speed AAs, so sneak without MQ running works the same as normal running. With MQ, though, even when I'm not sneaking, my run speed is slower than typical, and I still can't keep up with group members, and even bard speed won't work.

I've been looking for a post here for any others who've had the same issue, but have yet to find the issue addressed. If someone has advice for me, please help! Thank you.

Are you using any speed enhancements like wickedspeed or mmobugsspeed? Or are you using the docrack [preventspeed]. Also you might try using [hiderun] docrack. With that docrack enanbled you will no longer need to hit sneak (in fact I remember removing sneak from RH for a version I used to use years ago).

I turned off all the obvious (to me) movement utilities, and those did not resolve or change the issue. I will look further into the things you suggest when I log back in sometime tomorrow, and post here any results I have, or at least any further things I try. Thank you for replying!

running slow

I had a bug that made me run like I was on a very slow horse. I turned off the noacceleration options in MMOdocrack and it fixed it. It is the option that turns horse acceleration off. This all happened when the reduced the horse start and go times so I logically tried this and it worked. Let me know if it works for ya.

So, after trying multitude of loading and unloading plugins, reloading character, whatever else, I haven't been able to figure out WHAT it is that ruins my run speed with MQ. I have to use wickedspeed to get to normal speed even, and even that doesn't work with the sneak function. With no speed utilities on, my "normal" speed, without sneak on, is slower with MQ loaded than without.

The bright side? WickedMofo's advice of using hiderun does work for me, as long as I remember to change my run speed with wickedspeed every time I log in. ah well, at least it's a workaround for now, but I'd much prefer to have it all working "right", so ask that should anyone have more information on what might be causing these issues, please share. Thanks! And thank you Wicked and Rush for your suggestions.

i would probably rename my mq folder and then download a fresh compile and just start turning on plugins and do cracks 1 by 1

This time when I downloaded the new compile, I did just that, turning off all movement utilities before starting, then turning them back on to try the other alternatives above mentioned. Am I the only player who has this issue? It's not purely limited to sneak, as the normal speed is slower than it should be as well, but it's just more profoundly notable in sneak mode. Even my non-rogue toons seem to be a small percentage slower than other non-mq players.

Oh, I haven't had a chance to try out bardspeed again yet, but previously that also wasn't working right, when a bard would cast it on me, once I do try it under the current setup, I'll update here. Thanks!

I have noticed an issue recently that seems to be related to the /follow command. If I have a toon /fol my leader, when I park the group at a camp the toon won't move forward. It's like it's stuck on /fol or /stick. This only happens when moveutils is loaded. If I unload moveutils it stops but of course I have to move everyone manually. If I reload moveutils it goes away for a while but then will come back if I move the camp again, even if I didn't use follow or stick. Even restarting macros isn't helping in that case. I can work around it with unload and reload of the plugin then the mac, but it's getting annoying.

Only really noticed this since the patch last week, and was really only serious last night for whatever reason.

I had reported earlier that for some reason my system always logs me into game with docrack "PreventSpeed" always turned on. It still does it to this day. I have to manually turn off prevent speed each time on each character I log in. There was supposition that some other plugin was turning it on automatically but I never figured out what it was. So I just have to turn ps off everytime. (( Sorry, no real answer just an observation. )) This situation has only started up in the last month or two, don't remember exactly.