Redemption

wildewolfe

Reaction score
The progression task for upper floors I found to be one of the hardest till I found a way to effectively split the mobs.

Background. Fight 3 pairs of agro linked mack trucks to win. They cannot be rooted, snared, kited, mezed or stunned.

My group is a war, cleric, mage, chanter, wizard and bard.

The trick to this (and it will win the toughness and time trial awards too) is as follows:

Send chanter to tash the mob you DON'T want to start with... usually the caster (pretty obvious).

Time it so CoH lands on the chanter just as tash hits the mob.

Chanter places totem at zone in by the angel.

Bard positions so can see both doors also at the zone in.

Warrior then Bazu/CoHs (Simular to what you did with chanter). Bazu reagro's the pair 6 or so seconds later and they come hell bent for leather running to the group. NOTHING ASSISTS THEM.

The bard should be chain Highsuning the mob you don't want back to it's spawn point (the reason for tash and the totem so it does'nt get resisted). Kill the other. When it's dead bard goes to normal mode.

Start on the left side works for both sets there. Then move to the right side and run the group (or just the mage and CoH) all the way up to the zone to morrell's. Do the last set there.

Works pretty well.

Or you can just have your bard get some skills and it wouldn't be an issue... you're making it VERY complicated when the bard can split those mobs trivially by themself (trash don't assist named, highsun works well, and half the mobs are casters and split themselves).

I'm with Sum1, your bard is terrible then. HoS with bard and highsun. Once the caster mob gets ported back to it's original point the bard can fade and pull the melee mob. This will split them and then you only get one mob. I box this missions in about 20-25 minutes easily.

I'm with Sum1, your bard is terrible then. HoS with bard and highsun. Once the caster mob gets ported back to it's original point the bard can fade and pull the melee mob. This will split them and then you only get one mob. I box this missions in about 20-25 minutes easily.

My bard is boxed with a gamepad... even still it only takes me 30 mins to do the mission. A live bard makes it easier still I'm sure... the nice thing about not fading is that the 2nd mob is already on it's way when the 1st dies.

I fartaunted the first 2 pair to zone in, and easily split them there...easily.
the last pair, i stealth went to the MC zone in area, "black hall" , warped everyoen there and was able to split them NP there, just fading and letting em return, they dont social other mobs....this was really cake.

all the pulls can be done from the long hallways..

position yourself at the end of the long hallways and clear the mobs in the hallway. Paladins with max Slay Undead really are an awesome thing to watch in this part...

a long hallway cleared of mobs then gives your puller plenty of room to split. I farm this task in this manner and it can be done without cheats. Because I'm lazy and love MMOBugs I do warp to my pull locations though (vs. invis and run).

Puller is a bard. Tank is a paladin. Rest are dps/slow/whoever I can find. Mobs split themselves in the long hallway for various reasons... doors..corners, little irregularities in the hallway construction... if they don't..let them reset and pull again. highsun + fading memories is a good tactic as well...

The progression task for upper floors I found to be one of the hardest till I found a way to effectively split the mobs.

Background. Fight 3 pairs of agro linked mack trucks to win. They cannot be rooted, snared, kited, mezed or stunned.

My group is a war, cleric, mage, chanter, wizard and bard.

The trick to this (and it will win the toughness and time trial awards too) is as follows:

Send chanter to tash the mob you DON'T want to start with... usually the caster (pretty obvious).

Time it so CoH lands on the chanter just as tash hits the mob.

Chanter places totem at zone in by the angel.

Bard positions so can see both doors also at the zone in.

Warrior then Bazu/CoHs (Simular to what you did with chanter). Bazu reagro's the pair 6 or so seconds later and they come hell bent for leather running to the group. NOTHING ASSISTS THEM.

The bard should be chain Highsuning the mob you don't want back to it's spawn point (the reason for tash and the totem so it does'nt get resisted). Kill the other. When it's dead bard goes to normal mode.

Start on the left side works for both sets there. Then move to the right side and run the group (or just the mage and CoH) all the way up to the zone to morrell's. Do the last set there.

Works pretty well.

Found this the easiest mission in all of HoT, Fartaunt the mobs there from the zone-ins, I used a monk and just fd'd when they got close and split em, they trained no adds with them just the 2 named.

They can be split by ANY class that can clear aggro---by using the doors and walls. They tend to get stuck behind a door or along a wall and if that happens to one of them but not the other, which can be engineered by a good puller, then they separate. They're definitely NOT aggro-linked. The trick, such as it is, IS to set up at the end of the long corridors and clear the trash along their lengths.

Best done with a FD class but can be done using evac and CoHero.

This is NOT a hard mission, even without MQ "techniques."

Hell, the mission in the Well is worse. Plus, any mission that involves killing a LOT of mobs which takes time no matter how killable the mobs are.

Last edited:
Bard + /fartaunt, I didnt have to clear a single mob, just aggroed, split and killed named. I did them all from the zone in except the last two (forgot their names) but they are up by stairs to MC and I did just like one poster here said, setup in the black hallway and split them on the stairs. This task was beyond stupid easy.

I never considered splitting them... i've always just tanked both and burned one down casualy killed the other. Nothing hard about that either. Only group gear also with a shd tank. You guys are over complicating this! :p