Ranger DPS Request/Question

Sum1

Lifetimer
Reaction score
So I'll cut to the chase. I've read a bunch of threads all over various forums regarding an innate delay present in the /autofire command. One number I heard thrown around is 0.85, although I have no idea where that was derived.

My question is, so in order to test this and possibly get around it, would there be a good way to create a single command similar to /autofire, but plugin based that simply spammed your range hotkey as fast as possible until you turned it off or the mob died?

I'm going to go into my G19 and try to setup the spam key that way, and I know there used to be a secondary program lots of rangers used before the eq autofire command came out, but I wanted to broach the subject here first about a plugin.

Thanks!

Already is one.

/throwit

You need to define your bow= and ammo= in mq2melee with the proper item IDs you want to use.

You can also just assign say key button 5 as your bow. Then spam /keypress 5

Last edited:
Ah nice, I didn't know about that.

So I guess I could look this up myself, but the syntax /throwit on and /throwit off?

Ah, so I was wrong...

/throwit

Tells the plugin to perform a single ranged attack on current target. This will use MQ2Melee's Built-In Enhanced Ranged Mode(tm)!, meaning it will do the following:

Equip the defined ammunition and ranged item
Refill ammunition
Perform archery/throwing
Swap back previous range item

Since the bow and arrows are always equipped as rangers, I think the above would possibly just slow down the process.

I think I'm going to map a random key to a spot in hotbar 3 or 4 and just use G19 to /keypress whatever to do it, and then use another key to stop it. I'll just need to figure out how to do that with the G19's macro generation thingie :)

Last edited:
just use
/melee melee=off
/melee ranged=40
then type /killthis

it will just attack with bow nonstop