Ranger Autofire

Reaction score
I've been searching for a few days now and unable to find the information. How do I set-up my ranger to assist the MA and turn on autofire? For example, I /bot on and the ranger will assist the MA like normal, but won't melee, but instead just sits back and plucks away? Thanks in advance.

Check out MQ2Melee.

It should be able to enable ranged attack on assist, and it uses MQ2MoveUtils to keep within range.

Hopefully someone with more experience with this can chime in.

If target >51 /ranged

If target <50 /attack on

There is more things you can do really but that's the basic for it /attack on is melee /ranged is well bow or throwing.

Sorry, what I meant was what value is changed or modified in the ini to make the ranger autofire (bowing) instead of using weapons up in the mobs grill. I want the ranger to only bow mobs, no melee when /bot on .

range=[0-250]
Enables ranged attacks when target is within this range. Target must still be > 35 distance, and outside melee engagement range. Note that 0 disables ranged attacks completely.

Thats the only ting I see in a mq2melee setting in the write-up. So /melee range=100 ?

Sorry, what I meant was what value is changed or modified in the ini to make the ranger autofire (bowing) instead of using weapons up in the mobs grill. I want the ranger to only bow mobs, no melee when /bot on .

range=[0-250]
Enables ranged attacks when target is within this range. Target must still be > 35 distance, and outside melee engagement range. Note that 0 disables ranged attacks completely.

Thats the only ting I see in a mq2melee setting in the write-up. So /melee range=100 ?
mq2bot has its own specific thing and is not tied to the mq2melee setting.
[MQ2Bot]
AutofireAt=0 //use autofire at %?
AutofireDistance=100 //use autofire at this distance or less, but more than 35 distance?

So if you want to start autofiring on mobs at 99% from up to 200 distance away you could set it to:
AutofireAt=99
AutofireDistance=200