Rallos Returns (Repeatedly)

I have a character that is flagged for this task. Do I need a full group of 6 to get in or with this particular raid task you can do solo?

I really just need the runes for all of my spells.

You need 6 to request mission, as long as you have 6 in task thats all you need. No raid required, can camp toons and leave in task if you like.

The fact of the matter is, they use a generic term like "exploit" that way when they need to ban someone, they are covered. They could obviously be more specific with that word. Ever read the constitution? Most unspecific words evar. Whoever wrote the EULA is a politician =)

Actually the term they use is exploiting game mechanics or exploiting design flaws. I used the word exploit because I figured people would have the ability to be logical and apply it in sense that SOE applies it.. Apparently I was mistaken.

Last edited:
Jesus are you guys still arguing over that word? I think we already decided that it doesnt matter what you define it as the only thing that matters it how SONY defines it.

I have come to realize that JimJohnson is one of those guys that has to get the last word in no matter what and always has to be right. The problem with this is when a guy who is actualy smart is this type of guy. Jimjohnson seems to be a smart guy with this kind of personality trait. I like you jim but damn man just let it go lol. And the other people trying to egg him on are just as bad! Exploit is exactly as someone stated - whatever sony says it is.

Yeah, I have to agree with Rosco....This has turned into a horse beating contest. If there is more discussion about what everyone thinks the meaning of exploit is, I'll close the thread.

1132719_f496.jpg

So, this would be a bad time to ask if that guy is exploiting that horse?

Sorry, I'll stop.

I would love to get the solo strat if someone feels generous today and would like to PM me. :D

I have played with it off/on for a couple weeks now and just don't seem to have the right pulling order and assume there is a fairly specific way it should be pulled.

I would love to get the solo strat if someone feels generous today and would like to PM me. :D

I have played with it off/on for a couple weeks now and just don't seem to have the right pulling order and assume there is a fairly specific way it should be pulled.

Me too please....

there is no hand holding needed here its been said what to use with that you should figure it out in a couple hours at most i lost half a lvl (after rezzes) learning it in an hour legit.

fd toon or bard legit

non fd toon and a rezzer legit

any toon using mq retard easy

pick your combo and go do it

there is no hand holding needed here its been said what to use with that you should figure it out in a couple hours at most i lost half a lvl (after rezzes) learning it in an hour legit.

fd toon or bard legit

non fd toon and a rezzer legit

any toon using mq retard easy

pick your combo and go do it

Whats the pull sequence brotha? I have spent many many hours trying to figgle this out. Your post makes me feel dumb :eek:

Whats the pull sequence brotha? I have spent many many hours trying to figgle this out. Your post makes me feel dumb :eek:

If you've spent hours working on this raid, and you haven't figured out the basic raid mechanics (which are the same regardless of whether you do this solo or with a 54 man raid)...

Whatever. Pull order is:

1) Pull Tallon (first only because he AE debuffs)
2) Pull Vallon
3) Rallos pops, kill Rallos before he gets to the last room.
4) Profit?

If you've spent hours working on this raid, and you haven't figured out the basic raid mechanics (which are the same regardless of whether you do this solo or with a 54 man raid)...

Whatever. Pull order is:

1) Pull Tallon (first only because he AE debuffs)
2) Pull Vallon
3) Rallos pops, kill Rallos before he gets to the last room.
4) Profit?

Ya, i have gotten that much down.

My tactic is when I open the door I grab 1/2 to 2/3 of the army and run them to 1st council, that eats the council so when T and V pop it wont reset (i have found that if a member from the 1st council dies while T &V are up it will reset).

Then the 2nd set of good guys pops where the 1st council was and T &V get a good beating, grab Tallon and pull him to 2nd council and he is toast then grab V and take to 2nd council, he is toast, then Rallos pops and it get iffy.

I have tried this with my necro and a buddies bard (much prefer with the bard, i <3 fade) and i cant really pull in the 10 good guys that pop with Rallos without gettin toasted by dots and DD's.

Im thinking I need to pull the remaining council to Rallos and somehow get the goodguys on him, that might be enough to dps him down if I have all on him.

Unfortunately if you cant figure out how to beat it, the rest of us that can probably dont want to tell you because a) The more that do it, the faster the hammer will fall, and b) You're prolly not smart enough to cheat smarter.

It took me about 2 hours to figure out having never done the raid and pretty much having no idea what was going on. Admittedly, i have no clue how you'd do it without MQ, but my MQ strat works great, and we beat it almost every time.

Ya, i have gotten that much down.

My tactic is when I open the door I grab 1/2 to 2/3 of the army and run them to 1st council, that eats the council so when T and V pop it wont reset (i have found that if a member from the 1st council dies while T &V are up it will reset).

Then the 2nd set of good guys pops where the 1st council was and T &V get a good beating, grab Tallon and pull him to 2nd council and he is toast then grab V and take to 2nd council, he is toast, then Rallos pops and it get iffy.

I have tried this with my necro and a buddies bard (much prefer with the bard, i <3 fade) and i cant really pull in the 10 good guys that pop with Rallos without gettin toasted by dots and DD's.

Im thinking I need to pull the remaining council to Rallos and somehow get the goodguys on him, that might be enough to dps him down if I have all on him.

ive never done this raid as i dont have a toon that can request nor a guild that raids it, but i can tell you both of those classes have a DA

Ok guys I can not keep up with the PMs anymore so if I missed yours then dont feel bad im not ignoring you I just dont have the time to go over such a lenghthy explanation multiple times a day.

I have personally showed a few members here how to do this using one of thier toons, and explained it to others. What I have noticed is that some peope just dont "get it". I can give a brief overview of what needs to happen to some, and they end up beating it that night while others couldnt even grasp it when I showed them how to do it. If you are one of these people then you dont need to learn the "strat" you need to learn some basic mechanics of the game. I will cover some things here that I think will help some people having a hard time with this, and hopefully you guys will be able to figure the rest out without me logging into your toons to show you.

1. I dont care if you think you are the baddest monk/sk/neco in EQ. A bard does this 100x better for a number of reasons so find a buddy with a bard or just keep dying multiple times a night until you figure out how to win without one. Good luck.

2. If the mobs rushing each other when the event starts if fucking you up, try doing a little research and killing them prior to starting the event. *hint* The event starts when you click on the door.

3. You can be rooted through DA. Yes its retarded but it happens. prepare for this by having the mob you want trained targeted and warp to it when you get rooted. Fading memories and then warp succor and cure the root.

4. This is the biggest mix up out there. There are basically two ways to do this event - the legit way and the way involving using Mq2. Having said that, the legit way is still technicaly an exploit so sony *could* bother you about it but /shrug
The legit way can NOT be solo'd because you would need macos, and thats cheating. =P
The other way involved using /warp commands. And if you dont have a bard or a FD class the /fade or /succor.

So a quick little breakdown of how I do this:

Kill ogres at zone in with rathe trash.
Kiter gathers ALL council members.
When kiter is in position with all mobs, train rathe trash mobs on Murdunk.
When TZ / VZ spawn they will engage rathe trash. Run and grab other rathe trash and train them to TZ / VZ.
When TZ / VZ die, train every single rathe trash left in zone to rallos.
Kiter will also at this time drop all council members on Rallos.
Council members + Rathe trash kill Rallos.
Win.
Angels sing and the hobbits of norrath rejoice as you loot phat lewt.

Hopefully this is enough for you to figure it out. without me breaking it down barney style or logging on a toon of yours to show you personally. Sorry that I couldnt respond to everyone , and grats to those guys I was able to show in game. Good luck to the rest of you and absolutly just CANT get it to work, then PM me and I will try to get you squared away.

Ya, rooting through DA can be annoying.
SK's Hate Step aa will work through it though.
It's like shadow step, but you can choose the direction you warp.

1) If you are reading this, you obviously have a premium sub

2) If you have a premium sub, you can use all the premium plugins such as warping and fartaunting.

# 2 is all you need to beat this event easily (of course it is non legit, but we are all cheating anyway). If you cant figure it out then you dont deserve the loot. It took me about 2-3 hours in one night to figure this out with me playing a monk and a friend playing a bard. It does help to have a rezzer incase you end up eating dots. Read up on the event on Allakhazam, and spend some fucking time for yourself figuring it out rather than having someone else do all the work for you. Honestly the less people doing this, the better, so if you cant figure it out, then dont expect someone to just hold your hand and show you how to do it.

For one, in such a highly publicized event, easily the single most known soloable raid event, posted across the EQ forums themselves, it would be beyond stupid to use any active plugins to win it.

i do not have a toon even close to requesting this raid, but if there is some one on 7th that has done it enough to have loots rot send me a pm :)

Rosco could you check your PM, have a question regarding Rallos event but its a bit off topic.