Question for UF EMU compile

crickety

Lifetimer
Reaction score
So, I am playing around on a emu server and I am trying to change my key bind for melee attacks from the Default of "z" to "-" which is how I have it set up on live server's.

When I am playing on the emu server, I am running MQ from a completely different folder than what I run from live servers. But for the life of me I can not get it to change the default melee bind key.

I have changed in the melee key setting from "z" to "-" in the macroquest.ini file located in my mq folder, typed in /melee load and continue having to use the "z" key to attack mobs.

So then I created a MQmelee.ini file, since that should override what is in the default macroquest.ini, and copied over the settings from my live mq2melee which has the melee key set at "-". I then typed in /melee load and but I still have to continue using the "z" key to attack mobs.

I have also tried making the change need to the ini after unloading mq2melee while in game, then reloading mq2melee...

For some reason it seems it is not picking up that I want to change the bind key for attack.

Anyone have pointers on how to proceed from here? Or am I stuck having to use the "z" key?

Thanks

Last edited:
The wiki does say that that section is only read when you load the plugin (not when you reload settings with the load option).

1) /plugin mq2melee unload
2) Edit MQ2Melee.ini and make sure what you want is there
3) /plugin mq2melee

You might want to just remove the binds in macroquest.ini also before you load mq2melee back, don't need them there at that time.

htw

The wiki does say that that section is only read when you load the plugin (not when you reload settings with the load option).

1) /plugin mq2melee unload
2) Edit MQ2Melee.ini and make sure what you want is there
3) /plugin mq2melee

You might want to just remove the binds in macroquest.ini also before you load mq2melee back, don't need them there at that time.

htw

So, I am playing around on a emu server and I am trying to change my key bind for melee attacks from the Default of "z" to "-" which is how I have it set up on live server's.

When I am playing on the emu server, I am running MQ from a completely different folder than what I run from live servers. But for the life of me I can not get it to change the default melee bind key.

I have changed in the melee key setting from "z" to "-" in the macroquest.ini file located in my mq folder, typed in /melee load and continue having to use the "z" key to attack mobs.

So then I created a MQmelee.ini file, since that should override what is in the default macroquest.ini, and copied over the settings from my live mq2melee which has the melee key set at "-". I then typed in /melee load and but I still have to continue using the "z" key to attack mobs.

I have also tried making the change need to the ini after unloading mq2melee while in game, then reloading mq2melee...

For some reason it seems it is not picking up that I want to change the bind key for attack.

Anyone have pointers on how to proceed from here? Or am I stuck having to use the "z" key?

Thanks

Yes, I did also try making the change to the ini while mq2melee was unloaded (bolded above). I am at work at the moment for a few more hours, so once I am back home I will use your other information and delete the setting from the macroquest ini and see if that makes a difference.

Hopefully it will take care of the issue. Thanks for the reply

Okay, so I finally got on to follow up with your suggestion of taking the key binds out of the macroquest ini and then setting the attack keybinds in the mq2melee ini. (Default EQ keybind for attack is "Q")

These are the steps that I made to change the the attack key bind.

Shutdown eqemu
Shutdown mq2 compile for UF
Opened the macroquest ini, removed keybind for attack and ranged attack
Opened MQ2melee ini and made sure settings were

[Settings]
SpawnType=14
MeleeKeys=-
RangeKeys=x
Saved mq2melee ini and closed file

Started mq2
Started eqemu
Logged in
Pulled mob
Still had had to press "z" in order for attack to kick in
Opened up mq2melee ini to see what setting are

[Settings]
SpawnType=14
MeleeKeys=-
RangeKeys=x

So for some reason it is not picking up that the keybinds are changed, even with the default settings from macroquest ini erased, and the keys defined differently within the mq2melee ini file.

Last edited:
Which - are you trying? Just wondering, I think it should be this, if it is the one one on your keypad:

MeleeKeys=Num_Minus

I'll try to get in later and see what I can find out, otherwise.

htw

I am using the "-" key right next to the zero, on the keyboard side.

Thanks for looking into this issue, also noticed one other small issue.

When I "save" my melee setting in game by typing /melee save...

Then when I look at my toon's ini outside of the game, the melee section heading does not show up.

I will give you a brief example, not at home so can't pull the actual ini...

Open Toon ini file...

[MQ2twist]
setting
setting
setting
setting

[] (this is where MQ2melee should be showing up)
setting
setting
setting
setting

Even though the MQ2Melee heading is not showing up, everything seems to be running okay mq2melee wise, so this may even just be a none issue.

Just thought I would throw it out there

Thanks

A lot of the time it shows up down lower in the list, it may be sorted alphabetically. I've never seen it cause problems though.

Forgot to ask, which emu are you on? (just in case there is something different with the data)

htw

crickety:

I have fixed these issues, sorry that it hasn't been caught before now lol. I will push a new release for Underfoot in a little while.

I tested after the fixes on the leetsauce server, the melee issues (both keys and saving to ini) are fixed. Several other plugins had the same issue, although you may not have seen it, but either way, those are corrected also. I also saw the client isn't allowing the library calls to get the system memory, so instead of jacking with it, I set them to 0 - just turn them off if you haven't already (/memi).

htw

The update that you did seems to have fixed the issue