question for knights and mq2melee

Dealings

Reaction score
i am currently playing an sk w a 2hs
i think MQ2melee is able to (or used to) swap out a shield to bash if u were either dual wielding or bashing

Im having a problem that sometimes this swap happens and I end up w a shield and no weapon, so sk is there w out a weapon trying to melee

my immediate solution was to turn bash off

does anyone successfully use a 2hder and leave bash on?

have 2hder bash AA already so do i not need to swap shield in

is mq2melee still trying to do this?

would be nice to have 2 settings for knights , one that uses 2hs other that shield tanks

was just thinking maybe if i don't specify weapon or shield in melee ini and just try to set up holyflags

using target of target:

1 !me= tot bandolier 2hs
2 me= tot bandolier shield

will work on seeing if i can make a holy flag that way suggestions on how to write it appreciated (the part about checking if tot=me or not me)

# bash=[on|off]
Will try to bash target if you have a shield equipped or have have a 2-handed weapon and the 2 Hand Bash AA.

Its suppose to recognize the aa. So if its messing up and you have the correct settings you will have to post a bug for mq2melee to HTW

bash isnt the problem...shield is....same thing happens to me as well...often times will swap shield and leave it that way...i havent found a workaround..so i just stopped using it

For the actual melee are you guys using assist1.mac? Or is there a built in command that I'm missing so that I could run my SK to assist and help dps?

...i havent found a workaround..so i just stopped using it

TBH this is why plugins don't get fixed. Dev's can't fix plugins if people don't bring up the problems we have with them.

Perfect example was our mq2nosummon plugin htw fixed recently but the prob had been there for a very long time. No one ever spoke up about it so it was never fixed.

PLEASE if you use a plugin and it "breaks" say something.

Not trying to point you out either hankdead, just pointing out the fact that we as a community have that attitude too much of. Ohh damn it doesn't work ahh well i just won't use it.

does anyone successfully use a 2hder and leave bash on?

Yes. Have the AA. Had it before I ever used MQ2Melee. My guess is there is a bad itemswap or something going on. Post your server_character.ini section for MQ2Melee.