Question about Boxing

EQLover711

Reaction score
Well I'm new to MMOBugs.com but i have used MQ in the past an extremely long time ago. I am familiar with some things here and there but i just love the map. Now onto my question.

Currently my main is a bard and i am curious as to what you guys think would be the best class to box with him? I have a 70druid and 73 cleric on another and was just wondering if i should stay with one of them or is there a better class to box with my bard? Obviously macros will be used to run the 2nd toon now that i subscribe here and it won't be as aggravating. Any input would be appreciated. :)

Oh and also how do i target a different mob other then a corpse next to me?
Ex: I kill a sarnak and i want to /target sarnak is there a way around targeting the corpse other then looting it?

Box a mage and get a tank and cleric merc. /win

Far as targeting next mob, in options you can set key to target closest mob, I bound it to my Tab key. /targ soandso seems like way too much work. I'm all about simplicity.

Last edited:
well that was an example i have had this happen numerous times like when i killed a named and his body is in camp and then he respawns all the way across the map.

Last edited:
Of the two toons you have, it really depends who you want to be your main box.

Because cleric mercs are decent, the only reason to box the cleric would be if you're gonna stay on him and use reverse DS/mark, etc. to get your DPS up. Clerics can be a bore to play but they're also really fantastic at killing content they shouldn't be able to kill on their own. I can't see boxing a cleric being super effective if you're mostly playing the bard.

Druid would grant some more utility, would be easier to keep DPS up with, etc. That said I agree that if you don't mind leveling (or acquiring a new toon) you'd be better off with a mage, wizzie, zerker, etc. Mage is especially tempting because bards can have trouble holding aggro so the mage pet is a good bonus. But a decently-geared zerker can take some lumps, too.

bard + mage

and forget using a merc tank just use your pet to tank and a merc to heal. there isnt a group zone in the game you cant handle with that setup

well that was an example i have had this happen numerous times like when i killed a named and his body is in camp and then he respawns all the way across the map.

You can also use /hidecorpses looted. That way, after you've looted a corpse, it will disappear. Making it easier to target the next mob with the same name. Only corpses looted after using the command will disappear.

Similarly, /hidecorpses none will un-hide all the corpses.

And /hidecorpses all will hide all of the corpses in one shot. If using this one you would have to click it every time you kill something.

These commands make /tar xxxxx a lot easier. :)

Last edited:
hmm well on my bards account i also have a 61 mage with his epic. Think i should just transfer him or re-PL a new mage then i can box 2 mages! ha but hmm ill give that /hidecorpse looted a whirl im sure that will help. I am just looking for a box that will be decent to do some AA'ing and camping with. I also have a 68 necro and 66 paladin on the account with my bard.

Make a new mage and roll with the bard, mage + merc. Great utility, solid DPS, aggro control etc. in that group.

One of my current set-ups is Bard (I control) 2 mages and I am loving it. The mage DPS is great and only getting better as I gain more aa. The Bard is an excellent compliment to mages with Overhaste and spell damage increase songs. I do pull out the tank merc at times with named. But can get on average 15 aa per hour. Mana regen is for the most part not a problem on mages. More of an issue with Bard.