Pull.mac for use with MQ2Bot

I used this for a while. I did make some changes for my personal flavor. I haven't been using it lately, I'll look at my hacked version and see if I put anything useful in it!

Where do the ignored mobs get added using this macro? I cannot find the folder to change it and it appears it has added wrong mobs to ignore list.

Where do the ignored mobs get added using this macro? I cannot find the folder to change it and it appears it has added wrong mobs to ignore list.

/alert add 1 ${Target.Name} is the method used to add a creature to the ignore list. It's not stored to a file but more so a virtual memory. I don't have access to any characters for the game as I've donated them to EQMule to use for testing purposes, but typing /alert should give you a list of commands for use with the /alert command. I imagine typing /alert list 1 should generate your list. Then typing /alert delete or remove would be required. Alternately zoning may fix your issue. I know that the alert list is temporary. Though, the method used to clear or remove a specific entity is unknown by me at this time.

Anyone still using this macro? Not sure what is going on but stopped working recently. Puller will run off to the mob and run back but won't attack it.

Despite being an abandoned project over a year ago with nobody to pick up where I left off, it appears that I still get messages from people asking for assistance with this macro. It's good to know that the idea behind it was so widely supported by members of this community. I would enjoy an occasional break from the monotony of my life in college learning to program to assist someone with this macro. However, as previously stated I do not have access to characters to test any code I might create.

I'm almost positive that this has been mentioned on several other occassions that there is a TLO (Top Level Object) builder available on this site and can be found using search. Despite that, here is where you will find it.
*********TLO builder***********

In addition to the TLO Builder, another tool for your programming pleasure is called Notepad++. Invaluable tool when programming in homemmade languages such as Macros. Notepad++ v7.3.2 - Current Version
And because Macroquest will be using a custom language. Being able to see your code formatting better is helpful. I recommend using my custom language file (assuming you don't already have your own) This will be placed in C:\Users\Jesse\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++ where "jesse" will be your user name. Alternately open your search box/cortana etc and type %appdata%, then roaming, then notepad++ and put the file there. Then open Notepad++ and click on language, now at the bottom you should have a language called Macroqeust2. Should look like the bitmap I've included except the background will be white. In order to change the background to black, since this is a custom language. You'll need to change the global variable for the background. To do this, click Settings, Style configurator. Select Theme should be default (stylers.xml), Language (Global Styles), then under style, (Default Style), change foreground to white, background to black.

While the code to this TLO builders is locked, to my knowledge it is fully functional. At one point I submitted information on that post to assist in making it more complete. You can give a man a fish and feed him for a day, or you can teach him how to run a fishing boat.....cuz thats what this is. This will let you tell the TLO builder what it is you want it to do, it will create the lines of code you need to implement in order to make that happen. I recommend that all coding you do with this be done on a new free account until you figure out what you are doing. Also, don't test code in major hubs such as POK or guild hall/lobby, if you forget to put / in front of something you very well may broadcast your code to everyone around you instead of having the program parse what you are doing. Once your code has been tested, then you go to your character and utilize the code. Please use this tool to learn before asking someone else to help. Especially if your request for assistance is basically asking me to make a program for you. It's easier for me to understand what you're trying to do if you present me what what you want to do, the code you are using to try and do it, and what the result or lack of result is so that I can analyze your code and tell you what went wrong.

Attachments

• userDefineLang.xml
    5.4 KB · Views: 8
  • New Bitmap Image (2).bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Someone stated that it didn't work. I'm using a free account and MQ2Lite and have edited it to stop using cechob to simply using /echo, this made it start working for me again. I'm not promising future updates but I am playing with the code a little on my end and may release something in the future.

However, I do not have a premium account here at MMOBugs and will not be paying for a subscription now that my lifetime account is expired as I do not play Everquest in any serious capacity.

When I started coding this macro I was pretty early into my programming classes. Having progressed forward in the past year or so I've reviewed my code and found it to be POO Lol. The logic has a lot of issues that cause a lot of issues. I've done quite a bit of work on the code itself, but have yet to release anything as I'm still working on add handling.

Please note that the handling of UseNavigation is not applicable since MQ2Navigation was removed from the release and has been replaced with MQ2Nav. MQ2Nav lacks any documentation that I could find in the WIKI and as such I am leaving the code in place but fear it may not work correctly as the TLO's are likely not the same. IE: ${Navigation.Active} to check if you are currently navigating the terrain to a given location or creature may not be the same in the new MQ2Nav. As I do not have a premium account to test anything I cannot confirm it's functionality and recommend keeping this setting to false.

In the mean time I'm almost done getting the code back to it's original functionality to pull within a given range and bring it back to a camp location. Practice is being done with a berserker as a puller and a bard as a second member of the group. Please note that as of now this Macro uses XTarget[1].ID to be true in order to consider an add in the group, so if one of your bots mezes and memblurs and the add is removed from XTarget then the puller will not consider this creature an add. But as long as the creature isn't on the ignore list then it will still likely be your pullers next target.

I'll post here when I am done handling to short comings and update the file in the original post for downloading.

Latest release removes a lot of unneeded code, rewrote algorithms for pulling, returning to camp, handling adds. Ran it for 3 hours successfully without touching the computer. This was used in a zone farming grey/green/blue. Should be used in an open area, since MQ2Navigation is no longer an option for me to test as I don't have a premium account. Should position group in a location where creatures are straight line pulls without obstacles that will cause you to get stuck. Not optimal for dungeons with lots of things to get caught on moving in straight lines. If you are fighting things significantly lower than you, then you likely won't make it back to your camp with a target. Checked added for a fleeing target on the pull to go get them instead of waiting for them at camp.

Thanks to a generous donation by the admins at MMOBugs I can happily say that I have a 1 year sub added to my account and will be able to update pull.mac to use the new MQ2Nav. Mesh for one zone already created and will be working on the code soon. Until then, cheat smarter!

Thanks to a generous donation by the admins at MMOBugs I can happily say that I have a 1 year sub added to my account and will be able to update pull.mac to use the new MQ2Nav. Mesh for one zone already created and will be working on the code soon. Until then, cheat smarter!

Awesome news- i had your old code working with MQ2Nav but I'm sure what you are doing will be much more efficient :)

Awesome news- i had your old code working with MQ2Nav but I'm sure what you are doing will be much more efficient :)

I can't get mq2nav to load. Likely due to recent update. Once it will load I'll be able to start on it.

Code for the MQ2Nav update is nearly completed. My main issue is trying to track down an issue with getting stuck while pathing. I believe the issue to be related to /stick and will try using some checks for ${Stick} while pathing to and from the mob. Also for some reason my genius character likes to keep turning on attack, might be related to mq2melee automatically turning it back on as a "favor" to me because I clearly turned it off on accident /sarcasm.

In the mean time, I've posted some meshes to the forum for downloading ease, more when I have time to make them. They can be found here: MQ2Nav - NavMeshes

I'll keep coding, while you keep playing. Soon as I got a workable update to post I'll let you know.

The latest Pull.mac. I'm posting it here because this won't be the final product. So lets call this a Beta. Keep your eyes on the screen/in the room while using it. MQ2Nav fights me. Between meshes saying that locations can't be found, and occasionally getting stuck while navigating, it's not as good as I would like it to be, but it certainly works quite a bit better using Meshes than straight line pulling.

Try it, let me know what you think. Remember, the current release is on the first post in this thread.

Attachments

• Pull.mac
    13.5 KB · Views: 29
MidTerm coming up, and about to start Calculus II on the 10th. Hopefully I'll get some time to put into this sooner than later. But for now classes are taking priority. In the mean time I could use feedback from those of you using pull.mac The version below this post contains the code that the first post uses, but also the update to help navigate with MQ2Nav. If there are issues with existing code that you are encountering that I can address please post letting me know what happens so that I can try to recreate the situation and correct the problem.

I'm using this macro and pulling with a silver bard. Currently he runs to the mob turns attack on and then returns to group causing me to die sometimes. What im trying to do is make him stay out of melee range and use Boastful Bellow to pull mob back to group and then continue attacking once at group. Is there a way to do that?

Chatswithme,

Any chance you'd be willing to add multiple pull path support using advpaths.

In some zones, mq2nav doesn't work well and its nice to have advpath pull paths for those types of zones.

You can look at Devestator's code to see how he implements multiple pull paths.

GitHub - devestator/devbots: All Everquest / MQ2 class bots and other macros written by devestator

He uses 3 type of pulling options:

1) standard radius pulling from 1 loc (camp loc),

2) multiple pull paths starting at same loc but diverging different paths out from there

3) and mq2navigation.

I'm using this macro and pulling with a silver bard. Currently he runs to the mob turns attack on and then returns to group causing me to die sometimes. What im trying to do is make him stay out of melee range and use Boastful Bellow to pull mob back to group and then continue attacking once at group. Is there a way to do that?

Ranged pulling will come later. But it is on my Todo list. Mainly trying to get the basics to work correctly.

Chatswithme,

Any chance you'd be willing to add multiple pull path support using advpaths.

In some zones, mq2nav doesn't work well and its nice to have advpath pull paths for those types of zones.

You can look at Devestator's code to see how he implements multiple pull paths.

GitHub - devestator/devbots: All Everquest / MQ2 class bots and other macros written by devestator

He uses 3 type of pulling options:

1) standard radius pulling from 1 loc (camp loc),

2) multiple pull paths starting at same loc but diverging different paths out from there

3) and mq2navigation.

I downloaded all of his bots the day of the commit. I do have plans to dig through it in hopes of understanding the use of Adv path and will consider implementing, for now through it isn't something I have time to do. Getting pretty heavy now as I'm taking a programming class and a calculus class over a summer semester, followed by 2 programming class, a physics class and a calculus class in the fall. When there is time I will be giving this program the proper attention, until then keep the suggestions coming so that I can get them added to a TODO list.

Also, while I realize that Dev's code is no longer "supported", it is still functional at this moment. If you have advpath setup and wanted to use his, it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Last edited: